What would you do if you met a member of Led Zep?

Hopefully not scream so loud so as to completely piss off poor Robert, Jimmy or JPJ! :huh: Seriously, the whole moment will be so surreal! :D I might even call Robert "Sir" and just bow down before him...no! I'm definitely not kidding!! :blink: And I'll pretty much drive them nuts by taking as many photos as I can!! Boy! I am one crazy fan girl! :P

Depends on the situation. I was in a guitar shop last week when Joe Walsh came in and I didn't do a thing but carry on with my business and let him carry on with his.

I think that goes without saying. If I saw them at a restaurant or if they were out with their families, I wouldn't bother them. Especially if they had their kids with them. Even people of their caliber of fame need time to be normal people. Now if I saw them at a record/music store or outside a venue where they were playing or something like that.....I would approach them.

I think that goes without saying. If I saw them at a restaurant or if they were out with their families, I wouldn't bother them. Especially if they had their kids with them. Even people of their caliber of fame need time to be normal people. Now if I saw them at a record/music store or outside a venue where they were playing or something like that.....I would approach them.

I would probably do the same but my reaction to seeing them would be crazy. I wouldn't know what to say or do if I did get the chance to talk to them. I hope I get to meet one or all of them someday. Until then, the fantasy plays out in my head.

I would never approach Jimmy or Robert on the street, they don't need to shake my hand, If I met them at a cocktail party or in a professional situation I would tell them how much I have done analysis on the music. I might ask Jimmy for book recommendations. I would try not to be star struck. I would avoid the usual questions about the meaning of Zoso or about another reunion. I've heard JPJ is very approachable so I could ask him about his role in creating the melodies and rhythms and how he got so good at music. I've always idolized Jimmy Page but after reading about him and the others I realize that they are just people. i mean they are gods when doing their thing for sure but at the same time they are just like anyone else. I might give Jimmy my opinion on the live mixes(the cuts in No Quarter and The Rain Song) maybe discuss the use of compression on the latest remasters. I wouldn't give them a copy of my demo or offer my girlfriend up for sex. I probably wouldn't have very much time to spend with them because they have a busy schedule so I would get to the point quickly, what is the exact status of Jason? in the band and if they really think Dave Grole is that good? and if they have considered a more jazz oriented approach to future projects.

i have often wondered about this too.

after saying something like how much i love their music, i might ask them why they don't come to australia very much ( they only toured once as zep in 72, and once with page/plant. TCV did tour here this year ). :unsure::blink:

hopefully i might get the answer : " there are some plans for aust very soon..." ( i don't mean as led zeppelin! ) i really thought robert might bring his band of joy tour here, but haven't heard anything yet .....

i guess you would have to gauge how long you would talk to them by their body language, like if they are motioning to get away, then you should let them. but if they are happy to talk, then go for it! and as others have said, it depends on the situation, the where, and who they are with. if jimmy is with halfin, he ( ross ) is probably gonna be shooing you away! :P

It depends where it was, but if it wasn't uncomfortable for them I would talk about the concerts I have seen them at starting in Liverpool Stadium in 1971, then I would beg for an autograph. I would also talk about the scrapbook I have from all the NME'S, DISCS, SOUNDS etc, from the 70's. Then I don't know what I'd do.

Oh god, if it was jonsey I would smile insanely and ask for autograph and tell him how wonderful he is. Same with Robert. If it was Jimmy I'd rush him screaming, flail my arms, ask for a autograph and tell him how sexy and beautiful he is. But like that x5000....:)

It really depends... I wouldn't bombard them anywhere, let alone the street, but I might give a smile and a wave and hope for one back.

BUT, if it was like at a concert of theirs or something, or at some sort of music fest, if I met Robert Plant, I would shyly ask for a picture and an autograph, and probably a hug, too... And then ask him for another hug... And after all that, I'd hope with all my life that he doesn't think I'm crazy. I'd like to talk to him, too, about singing and such, see if I can't get a tip from a god such as himself. If I met Jimmy or Jonesy, I'd do the same but ask about the instrument(s) that they play in lieu of singing. :) If I met all three at the same time, I don't know what I'd do. Then again, I'm not lucky or musically talented enough to have something like that happen though, so maybe I shouldn't spend all my time thinking about it like I often do.

In all actuality, being the idiot I am I'd probably say and/or do something stupid. :( Ah, well. I can dream, anyway... ;)

A friend of mine who is sadly no longer with us was friends with John Paul Jones' daughter (the one on the rocking horse in TSRTS) and he got to meet him at some point, at his house, I think.

I can't really remember any other details as it was so long ago (early 90s) when he was telling me about it, other than he was a very nice bloke.

Well I would want to meet Page more than anyone on this Earth. So I would beg Jimmy to let a snapshot be taken as nobody would ever believe me. Then I would probably ask him if he wished it were the 70s all over again? And how about a ten minute guitar lesson Jimmy? I would just love to meet Page!!!!

If i ever met Jimmy Page i would freeze up i wouldn't move an inch i won't lie i would be so star struck i had never met an icon before. Jimmy Page is one of the legends who i want to meet someday idk if it will never happened i'm still hoping it will happened. I love J.P. everything about him if i ever met him during the 70s omg :faints: i wouldn't control myself not only he's great guitarist but he's so effing sexy and smoking hot.

Honestly i would be surprised to finally spot either of them! I'd feel very happy to meet Jonesy cause he seems (a bit) less intimidating than the others:P For Robert i would likely stay quiet and play the charming lady card, congratulate him on his whole career also push my luck and ask for an autograph! Now for Jimmy...same scenario but with a giant grin plastered on my face and maybe some starstruck oh and i'd ask for a pic and a hug of course!:wub:

• 3 months later...

I've been wanting to meet Robert since I was 13! I'm 48 now! Still holding out hope that I get to meet him one day. I've seen him in concert at Atlantic Records 40th anniversary at Madison Square Garden, Tampa, FL, Shreveport, LA, Morrison, CO and out in L.A. It doesn't matter how old I'm getting, I still would love to meet him and talk to him about Elvis and tell him I had headphones on while I was giving birth in 1991 and listening to him say push, push, push!!!!!

Probably a bit obvious, but it depends so much on the situation. If I was walking past a restaurant or cafe with one of them sitting there all alone there's no way I would disturb them. If I was walking in a quiet London neighbourhood and saw Jimmy walking on the other side of the street I would perhaps wave across to him but not cross the street or anything like that. Now, if I met one of them in a less haphazard place I'd probably ask for a photo and talk if they had the time.

Depends on the member if it was JPJ i'd be pretty exited Plant more exited Jimmy Page I'd probably be like AAAAAAAHHHHHHH and hyperventalate (which is not how that is spelled but i tried) then take a million pictures and say nothing beyond OH MY GOD!!!

• 2 years later...

I met Robert Plant when he played Shreveport, Louisiana during his Nonstop Go Tour. I introduced myself ("Allan") and he said that his grandfather's name was also Allan. As he was autographing my "The Song Remains The Same" lp, I spelled my first name for him. He said his grandfather spelled it the same way, and that the spelling is Welsh. We shook hands and he was gracious enough to allow me a pic with him. Here it is.

post-17838-0-94495800-1360272195_thumb.j

Archived