THE BLACK CROWES:

Thanks for posting this! I am wanting to catch their show in Indy or St. Louis. I need to see if tix are still available or not. I have heard this might be it for them as they might not be touring after this tour or possibly disbanding.

No problems, you can catch them on the Tonight Show tonight (Aug. 3rd),

also Wednesday (4th) on Jimmy Kimmel

Edited by The Pagemeister

No problems, you can catch them on the Tonight Show tonight (Aug. 3rd),

also Wednesday (4th) on Jimmy Kimmel

Crap! I got on the phone last night and forgot all about them being on the Tonight Show and when I realized it they were just ending the show! :(

Oh well, I will go to youtube and find it there I am sure.

Gotta remember to watch them tonight on Kimmel!

Tix still available at the St. Louis gig so I am hoping to snag some and go see them on 8/27!

The new album is tremendous. The "Wiser Time"/"Cold Boy Smile" medley is worth the price of the album alone. Target has it on sale now for 7.99..........

It'll be a sad day when this tour ends. Nobody plays like this. Sure there are "jam bands" but vocally they all suck.

Long live the Crowes.

The new album is tremendous. The "Wiser Time"/"Cold Boy Smile" medley is worth the price of the album alone. Target has it on sale now for 7.99..........

It'll be a sad day when this tour ends. Nobody plays like this. Sure there are "jam bands" but vocally they all suck.

Long live the Crowes.

It is a great album! There isn't one song I skip over and I have been listening to it the last week or so. I grabbed the last copy of it at Best Buy last Wed. when they had it on sale for $7.99 a great price for a 2 disc cd!

• 3 months later...

Although what I've heard of the release sounds good, I think the Black Crowes ran out of songs a long time ago. So much of it is just singing more of a rhythm than a melody, although the guitar work is good. I've got that Brothesr of a Feather dvd/cd set and the the guitars sound great but could the singer please shut up!

Edited by Gospel Zone

• 2 months later...

http://www.spinner.com/2011/01/31/black-crowes-chris-robinson-brotherhood-tours-california/

Black Crowes' Chris Robinson Forms Brotherhood, Tours California

Now that the Black Crowes' second hiatus is underway, the individual bandmembers have technically become free agents. During their 2002-2005 hiatus, Crowes frontman Chris Robinson took the opportunity to form New Earth Mud -- essentially, a solo project. Well, as we all know, history repeats itself. Thus, when the Black Crowes played their final notes "for awhile" in December, Robinson wasted little (read: "no") time in getting on with the next -- the Chris Robinson Brotherhood.

While little information is known about the lineup -- or anything else about the Brotherhood, for that matter -- an official website is up and running. Oh, and according to which, the unknown band has already announced 33 gigs, all taking place in the state of California. The trek, which begins in March and extends into May, will see the Brotherhood rotating residencies in Los Angeles (Echoplex), Santa Barbara (Soho), San Francisco (Cafe Du Norde and the Independent), Visalia (Cellar Door) and San Diego (Casbah), along with multiple visits to Sacramento, Sausalito, Pioneertown and San Luis Obispo. Of particular note, Robinson will bring his Brotherhood to the prestigious and intimate Henry Miller Library in Big Sur to close out the tour on May 29.

As a sidenote, while the Crowes' officially began their current hiatus on December 16 at the conclusion of a six-night run at the Fillmore in San Francisco, they have added on a throwback run of eight shows across Europe in July.

Jambase reports that, while nothing is confirmed, a source you could say is familiar with both bands told them that fellow Crowe, Adam MacDougall, will be involved with the Brotherhood in some capacity. Also revealed: Robinson's been sitting on a batch of new songs that he's been getting antsy to present to fans and the world at large. Starting, of course, with California.

http://chrisrobinsonbrotherhood.com/

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

an amazing band live. chris is a great frontman. sing and dancing to there cosmic rock `n` roll. dig the new album. also like chris robinson brotherhood too!. praying one day brotherhood do shows in uk.

As much as I like TBC's recent Wiser For The Time album I am more than a little pissed off that it is only available via a download. I'm with you on wanting CRB to tour here.

I like the Black Crowes, but have always found them to be kind of inconsistent. I have a box set of their first 4 albums. To me, the first 2 albums are great, the others kind of spotty. One of my brothers saw them a bunch of times live. He said a couple times they were great, a few times they really sucked. I like the "Live at the Greek" album they did with Jimmy Page.

A little info on some fan-clubs out there. I thought the purpose was to indulge in what you like about your fav band, not to have a mission to discredit Led Zeppelin/Jimmy Page. This is what is currently taking place by Ritchie Blackm0re (fan club dude, not the real guy) who develops websites (currently, more than 20) for such a purpose. You log on to challenge him and he will soon block you. Isn't this a little nuts?

what a great rock n roll band. live there amazing. new live box set wiser time. is wonderful live show.

Box set? Tell me more, I only have the official download on mp3 you couldn't even get it in FLAC.

• 1 month later...