Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

manderlyh

The Black Sabbath Thread

799 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, BledZabbath said:

Glad you enjoyed the show luvlz2!!!!!!

I partied like a rock star at that concert!

Big respect to Sabbath. They have battled all kinds of things and carried on. We all know what some of them have been, So i do not need to go any further. Got a massive load of releases. Most of them are absolutely brilliant. Others not so great, I think due to just recording everything and releasing it. They have even admitted doing that. The Paranoid album and indeed, Track are my favourites. This is the final for them. But every anniversary of their big stuff, They will be able to do a anniversary reissue. LEGENDS.

44 minutes ago, Badgeholder Still said:

Born Again is a good album, it gets a regular spin.

Well this has some meaning to me, the real final Black Sabbath concert. They have given so much to me, love these guys.

Edited by luvlz2

Thanks for that luvlz2, very much appreciated.^^^^^

9 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Well this has some meaning to me, the real final Black Sabbath concert. They have given so much to me, love these guys

I hate to be nit pickingly pedantic, without Bill Ward that is only three quarters of Black Sabbath

Edited by JTM

44 minutes ago, JTM said:

I hate to be nit pickingly pedantic, without Bill Ward that is only three quarters of Black Sabbath

It is truly a pity they couldn't have all patched things up for the final run, although admittedly Ward's health issues probably played a role.

1 hour ago, JTM said:

You are correct JTM, it's like Zeppelin without Bonham.

I bet that was a absolute amazing concert to be at. Massive respect to the members and fans of Black Sabbath. Enjoy your permanent break lads.

UK tv news channels even covered the Birmingham gig - apparently not understanding that this being the last tour  doesn't mean it's the last actual gig. Some bloke they interviewed as he was going into the show clarified it for them, but they still didn't grasp the significance of what he'd said! Ah well...   

2 hours ago, Brigante said:

UK tv news channels even covered the Birmingham gig - apparently not understanding that this being the last tour  doesn't mean it's the last actual gig. Some bloke they interviewed as he was going into the show clarified it for them, but they still didn't grasp the significance of what he'd said! Ah well...   

It amazed me that the News people were talking to people who weren't born when Ronnie James Dio was in the band.

This was the last Black Sabbath song / show in the States - San Antonio , Texas.

LMAO...oh my God that just reeks of 70's filming!  The panning in and out, the 90 degree shot back to vertical and filming the bass player and drummer during the guitar solo...CLASSIC!

While I really enjoy Sabbath's music, if I never hear, or see a video of Paranoid again, I'm good. One of the most overplayed songs.