The Black Sabbath Thread

manderlyh

• 2 weeks later...

Good that there's a document of this tour. I saw the 31st Jan show at the O2 and out of the 9 times I've seen some version of Sabbath, that was one of the best. You just can't beat the Iommi/Butler wall of sound, and at that show they were taking it to new levels. The Master Of Reality material sounded like Killing Joke!

Been trying to find a bootleg of the show. I can find ones for the other shows, but not that one...

Edited by Cosmic_Equilibrium

• 1 month later...

This will be available Nov. 17th 2017, buy I can't but it here in the U.S. I only see it available in Europe.

5034504129276.jpg

California Jam will also be available through pre-order on amazon.uk

here is the link for those interested:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0753QJ7M1/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1504509493&sr=8-2&keywords=black+sabbath+cd

Edited by BledZabbath

On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 3:18 PM, BledZabbath said:

This will be available Nov. 17th 2017, buy I can't but it here in the U.S. I only see it available in Europe.

5034504129276.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0753QJ7M1/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1504509493&sr=8-2&keywords=black+sabbath+cd

I'd love a dvd/blu ray of their California Jam performance, I'll maybe ask for the CD for Christmas (as it's out in December).

Just as an aside, I'd always been told Technical Ecstasy was really poor but I picked up the CD a couple of weeks back & it's much better than I thought it would be, I think it's as good as Sabotage.

7 hours ago, Mook said:

I'd love a dvd/blu ray of their California Jam performance, I'll maybe ask for the CD for Christmas (as it's out in December).

Just as an aside, I'd always been told Technical Ecstasy was really poor but I picked up the CD a couple of weeks back & it's much better than I thought it would be, I think it's as good as Sabotage.

Mook I love all the Ozzy era albums, Technical Ecstasy is great as is Never Say Die! which people also talk bad about.

Has anyone here ever ordered from Nuclear Blast in Germany or Europe in general?

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, BledZabbath said:

Anyone here like the Martin era of Sabbath, and your thoughts as to why or why you don’t like it?

Thank you.

Great lineup’s. Huge Cozy Powell fan. Tony Martin seemed to always be looking for a lyrical direction and he was an awkward frontman, but his voice was exceptional.   I don’t play those 5 Martin albums as much anymore but loved it as it was happening. 

Supposedly Tony Iommi has talked to Martin about recording some new music. I would guess for a Martin years type compilation like the Dio years. 

Edited by the chase

1 hour ago, BledZabbath said:

Anyone here like the Martin era of Sabbath, and your thoughts as to why or why you don’t like it?

Thank you.

Eternal Idol is a very good album, but that's about all I listen to from that era.  Basically that was the point in Sabbath's career where I just couldn't commit effort or interest to listening to the new direction/evolution.

35 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Eternal Idol is a very good album, but that's about all I listen to from that era.  Basically that was the point in Sabbath's career where I just couldn't commit effort or interest to listening to the new direction/evolution.

My favorites are Eternal Idol and Forbidden, The Ray Gillen, Idol sessions to me are better than the Martin version.

I consider anything post Born Again IommI solo albums, with no disrespect toTony Martin or Glen Hughes, I think the band would’ve faired better under a new moniker.

1 hour ago, the chase said:

Great lineup’s. Huge Cozy Powell fan. Tony Martin seemed to always be looking for a lyrical direction and he was an awkward frontman, but his voice was exceptional.   I don’t play those 5 Martin albums as much anymore but loved it as it was happening. 

Supposedly Tony Iommi has talked to Martin about recording some new music. I would guess for a Martin years type compilation like the Dio years. 

Yes Chase, always good to hear from you my fellow Sabbath and Zeppelin brother.

Tony is suppose to remaster all the Martin albums with new material added on.

Edited by BledZabbath

7 hours ago, BledZabbath said:

Yes Chase, always good to hear from you my fellow Sabbath and Zeppelin brother.

Tony is suppose to remaster all the Martin albums with new material added on.

Thanks. You as well BledZabbath. They’ve lost 2 key members of that era with the passing of Cozy Powell and Geoff Nicholls.  I would guess Iommi will call on Bobby Rondinelli for the new tracks.  He was incredible on Cross Purposes. 

On 7/12/2017 at 5:39 AM, Cosmic_Equilibrium said:

Good that there's a document of this tour. I saw the 31st Jan show at the O2 and out of the 9 times I've seen some version of Sabbath, that was one of the best. You just can't beat the Iommi/Butler wall of sound, and at that show they were taking it to new levels. The Master Of Reality material sounded like Killing Joke!

Tony's tone on this tour was killer. Those laney reissues or whatever...everybody just killed it at Bristow VA. I really felt like Tommy Clufetos captured the spirit of Bill's old school style, that real brutal tribal primal savage tom-heavy kinda thing hahaha. I enjoyed it thoroughly. I know it's not long compared to others on here, but I have been a sabbath addict since I was 14, NEVER thought I would attend a sabbath concert at 24. And freakin After Forever....hearing they might play that song was kinda the straw that broke the camels back and made me drive 10 hrs to see em...I'm such a junkie haha Jeez...I could type a book on here hahaha I'll stop

Edited by JLee93

17 hours ago, JLee93 said:

Tony's tone on this tour was killer. Those laney reissues or whatever...everybody just killed it at Bristow VA. I really felt like Tommy Clufetos captured the spirit of Bill's old school style, that real brutal tribal primal savage tom-heavy kinda thing hahaha. I enjoyed it thoroughly. I know it's not long compared to others on here, but I have been a sabbath addict since I was 14, NEVER thought I would attend a sabbath concert at 24. And freakin After Forever....hearing they might play that song was kinda the straw that broke the camels back and made me drive 10 hrs to see em...I'm such a junkie haha Jeez...I could type a book on here hahaha I'll stop

Amen brother!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope this really is the end. I hope they don't drag it on like the Who and Kiss. Honoured to have seen them on their "final" tour. 

On 9/9/2017 at 7:18 AM, BledZabbath said:

5034504129276.jpg

From what I have seen it is available in the U.S.

23 hours ago, Strider said:

I hope this really is the end. I hope they don't drag it on like the Who and Kiss. Honoured to have seen them on their "final" tour. 

From what I have seen it is available in the U.S.

Yes it is available here, it was first released in Europe, the documentary was first shown overseas, the documentary is not a part of this only the full concert.

I’m thinking this is the End.

Ozzy is suppose to be doing his farewell tour next year, though with him it’s been a few times the farewell tour and he keeps coming back.

• 3 weeks later...