Nine Years Ago Today

ledzepfvr

Everyone will always remember where they were when they heard the news of this awful day in history. A moment today to reflect on the memory of those who lost their lives.

I am glad you started this thread. I was going to but my luck isnt the greatest when I do. I did mention it in random thoughts so Its on my mind too. It was a terrible day. But one we must remember.

I sure hope they are smart with how they handle ground zero and the religious aspect of it.

I'm not an American but just thinking about that day and the events surrounding it just makes me sick! No country should ever go through that ever again! I was in school on that fateful day...my mom was watching the news...she was horrified! I was just 14 at the time and I was way too young to understand what the hell was going on! Gosh! I was just shocked at what the world could actually come to! Why does there have to be so much of hatred, mistrust and extremism in the world? I just do not understand what other people could possibly gain from violence and hatred! To think that there is actually a religion out there based on bloodshed is just shocking and sickening! I distinctly remember the words "NEVER AGAIN" being inscribed in different languages at the Auschwitz concentration camp. I know you cannot compare the Holocaust to terrorism but from a very strange perspective Hitler was also an extremist and a monster who had his own cruel agenda to take down an entire race! The same thing applies to Islamic Fanatics! They are the Hitlers of the 21st Century! I had high hopes that such extremism was a thing of the past!

Anyway, this is just my two cents! And I can't believe that 9 whole years have passed! My thoughts and prayers are with the families who lost loved ones on that fateful day!

I was at work. I heard on the radio that a plane crash into a building in NY. The DJ thought it was a joke, esp when they got the news about the second plane.

Then, when I got home and open the TV, all the channels were doing special editions. Only smoke everywhere.

I kind of shunned the news that were keep coming. All the suffering was too much. All the terrible stories..

I had the distinct feeling that the gates of hell opened that day. I still have the same feeling, like the world I know can be over at one moment and we'll find ourselves into some religious war or some religious dictatorship.

God bless the souls of those that suffered because of that day and rest in peace the souls that perished then.

Everyone will always remember where they were when they heard the news of this awful day in history. A moment today to reflect on the memory of those who lost their lives.

I was typing up my resume. I had left a company whose headquarters were walking distance from the Pentagon. Several of my former coworkers still regularly visited the Pentagon. I called my old boss and asked him if everybody was OK. He said they were.

Where was Heinz?

I was at work when I heard this as well. Just seeing the first pictures of this with a big gaping hole in the tower was unbelievable. My brother was working in NYC that day about a mile or so north of the WTC. He was on his way to work when the first tower was struck. He got up to his office some 15 floors up when he and others in his office were looking out the window and could see the flames coming from the tower. Minutes later he saw the second plane hit the other tower. He said he can't even describe how horrific it was to see it.

Hopefully now, the CIA and FBI are sharing their intelligence together so something like this never happens again.

To think that there is actually a religion out there based on bloodshed is just shocking and sickening!

It is better not to implicate religion in this. I am not a muslim, I was raised catholic. But I am religious, and Islam by its definition is sure no bloodshed, it promotes peace and understanding, just like Christianity. There also may be some muslims on the forum, I guess they would not feel comfortable reading this. It is more a matter of mentality and politics, rather than religion.

But yes, it was a very tragic event, and we should put our prayers together and hope nothing like it ever happens again.

Everyone will remember where they were and what they were doing when this unfolded, just like when JFK was shot. I happened to be at the dentist. Rushed back in and told the office to put their TVs on. Soon after the Pentagon was hit and then we knew it was no accident. I am not a Republican but still feel terrible for Barbara Olsen being on that damn flight. And people here that criticise me for being racist and calling them towel heads. Go right ahead. This day was the Pearl Harbor of modern times. Remember how long it took for us to change our sentiments over the Japanese? Well, its going to take some time, if ever for me to ever trust anyone wearing one of those "towels".

I was almost 6 nine years ago, and I do not remember the day clearly at all. I just remember that my mom was sad and that I was confused about what was going on. I might have been happy to get home from school early, too.

BTW: if you go into that video about 21 minutes, the white-haired lady who stands up and adjusts the microphone is a friend of mine. She is a leading member of DC 9/11 Truth. dc911truth.org.

I also have some suspicion about the government influencing 9/11, but everyone would call me a fool if I began preaching it out each year, so I tend to keep quiet about stuff like this.

9/11 has become too politicized. Some people look at it like it's a fucking holiday and that makes me sick. Meanwhile, you have politicians from both parties beating the corpses of the people who died there for political gain and to get the upper hand in this argument or that argument.....absolutely fucking revolting.

This should be a day of national reflection. No more, no less. Same as December 7th or November 11th.

The evidence I've seen doesn't indicate that "the government did it." More like a secret network within, and outside the government conspired to perpetrate these crimes.

I was almost 6 nine years ago, and I do not remember the day clearly at all. I just remember that my mom was sad and that I was confused about what was going on. I might have been happy to get home from school early, too.

I also have some suspicion about the government influencing 9/11, but everyone would call me a fool if I began preaching it out each year, so I tend to keep quiet about stuff like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc8ZCCXHymk

MISTY MOUNTAIN HOP

Walkin' in the park just the other day, baby

What do you, what do you think I saw

Crowds of people sittin' on the grass with flowers in their hair said

Hey, boy, do you wanna score

And you know how it is

I really don't know what time it was, whoa oh hoh

So I asked them if I could stay a while

I didn't notice but it had got very dark and I was really

Really out of my mind

Just then a policeman stepped up to me and asked us said

Please, hey, would we care to all get in line

Get in line

Well you know

They asked us to stay for tea and have some fun, hoh hoh oh

He said that his friends would all drop by, ooh ooh ooh ooh

Why don't you take a good look at yourself and describe what you see

And baby, baby, baby, do you like it

There you sit, sitting spare like a book on a shelf rustin'

Ah, not trying to fight it

You really don't care if they're coming, hoh hoh oh

I know that it's all a state of mind, ooh ooh ooh ooh

(Guitar Solo)

If you go down in the streets today, baby, you better

You better open your eyes, whoa-oo-oh yeah

Folk down there really don't care, really don't care, don't care, really don't

Which, which way the pressure lies

So I've decided what I'm gonna do now

So I'm packing my bags for the Misty Mountains

Where the spirits go now

Over the hills where the spirits fly

Ooh ooh ooh ooh, ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh

I really don't know

I really don't know

Read more: http://www.led-zeppelin.org/reference/lyrics/index.php?m=misty_mountain_hop#ixzz0zFZcK7pO

Where was Heinz?

9/11 has become too politicized. Some people look at it like it's a fucking holiday and that makes me sick. Meanwhile, you have politicians from both parties beating the corpses of the people who died there for political gain and to get the upper hand in this argument or that argument.....absolutely fucking revolting.

This should be a day of national reflection. No more, no less. Same as December 7th or November 11th.

Reflection \Re*flec"tion\ (r?*fl?k"sh?n), n. [L. reflexio: cf.

F. r['e]flexion. See Riflect.] [Written also reflexion.]

1. The act of reflecting, or turning or sending back, or the

state of being reflected. Specifically:

(a) The return of rays, beams, sound, or the like, from a

surface. See Angle of reflection, below.

[1913 Webster]

The eye sees not itself,

But by reflection, by some other things. --Shak.

[1913 Webster]

( b ) The reverting of the mind to that which has already

occupied it; continued consideration; meditation;

contemplation; hence, also, that operation or power of

the mind by which it is conscious of its own acts or

states; the capacity for judging rationally,

especially in view of a moral rule or standard.

[1913 Webster]

By reflection, . . . I would be understood to

mean, that notice which the mind takes of its

own operations, and the manner of them, by

reason whereof there come to be ideas of these

operations in the understanding. --Locke.

[1913 Webster]

This delight grows and improves under thought

and reflection. --South.

[1913 Webster]

Well you didn't do a very good job keeping quiet about your idiotic suspicions.

Hi all,

I was in those buildings one month before.Met some clients,we went out and had a few drinks and talked about the Yankees vs. Red Sox :)

They payed,I was suppose to return the favor when they came to Boston(those planes took off from Logan)

Rough day for Anjin-san. <_<

Atlas,go F*** yourself!

KB (love you Charlie!)

p.s.Ally

P.s.s. Danny

P.s.s.s Deb J.! :D

Thea.

And all the rest.

Hi all,

I was in those buildings one month before.Met some clients,we went out and had a few drinks and talked about the Yankees vs. Red Sox :)

They payed,I was suppose to return the favor when they came to Boston(those planes took off from Logan)

Rough day for Anjin-san. <_<

Atlas,go F*** yourself!

I did work for the Pentagon and visited there often. Some of my friends were assigned to the Pentagon. AAMOF, I helped design the global command and control system which was compromised on 9/11.

In related work, I helped integrate the technology used in this room:

310_NMCC2050081722-9200.jpg

I guess your hostility is due to some kind of cognitive dissonance.

Since I was enlisted, I cannot join this group:

http://www.militaryofficersfor911truth.org/

We, the members of U.S. Military Officers for 9/11 Truth, believe that whereas:

* There is incontrovertible publicly available evidence since 9/11/01 that the official account of the events of that day is incomplete and fraught with errors;

* The 9/11 Commission Report inadequately answered, and in numerous cases even failed to address, many of the most important questions that were called to its attention;

US Military Officers for9/11 Truth Logo

* The blatant disregard of extensive compelling evidence that clearly refutes the official account raises rational suspicion of intentional deception by agents of the U.S. Government;

* U.S. Government policies have been, and continue to be, founded upon assumptions about the events of 9/11 that are likely to be erroneous;

* As a result of U.S. military action based on the official account of 9/11, thousands of U.S. servicemen and women and hundreds of thousands of civilians have lost their lives; and

* The perpetrators of the heinous crimes against humanity that were committed on 9/11 have still not been brought to justice.

Therefore, we, the members of U.S. Military Officers for 9/11 Truth, call for a new and independent investigation into the events of 9/11/01 by a duly constituted legal body with the authority to subpoena and require testimony under oath, and with authority to prosecute if criminal activity is discovered, so that the perpetrators of these crimes against humanity can at last be brought to justice.

Military Officers who have signed the "U.S. Military Officers for 9/11 Truth" Petition.

Lt. Col. Robert Bowman, PhD

Former Director

Advanced Space Programs Development

Former Head, Department of Aeronautical Engineering and Assistant Dean

U.S. Air Force Institute of Technology

U.S. Air Force (ret)

Lt. Col. David Gapp

Pilot and Former President

Aircraft Accident Investigation Board

U.S. Air Force (ret)

Col. Michael Harley

Chief of Standardization,

Strategic Air Command Wing and

Aircraft Accident Investigator

U.S. Air Force (ret)

Commander Ralph Kolstad

Fighter Pilot

Former Air Combat Instructor

U.S. Navy Fighter Weapons School

U.S. Navy (ret)

Lt. Col. Karen Kwiatkowski

Former Political-Military Affairs Officer

Office of the Secretary of Defense

Former Member of the staff of the Director

National Security Agency

U.S. Air Force (ret)

Lt. Col. Shelton Lankford

Fighter Pilot

U.S. Marine Corps (ret)

Lt. Col. Jeff Latas

Combat Fighter Pilot and Former President

Aircraft Accident Investigation Board

U.S. Air Force (ret)

Col. Thomas W. Mcguire, Jr.

Command Fighter Pilot

U.S. Air Force (ret)

But I am a member of

v911tHeader.jpg

And:

dc911truth-banner.jpg

I am glad you started this thread. I was going to but my luck isnt the greatest when I do. I did mention it in random thoughts so Its on my mind too. It was a terrible day. But one we must remember.

I sure hope they are smart with how they handle ground zero and the religious aspect of it.

Yes, I did see your post in random thoughts and since no one else had, I decided to step up to the plate and start the thread. It is an emotional subject which could become political or religious but it should above all be about the heros of that day and the people who lost their lives.

I was taking my kids to school. My daughter turned on Rick Dees as usual and he was talking of the event. She tried to change the station and the same news was on all stations. We knew something bad had happened. I listened to it as I drove to work and was absolutly sick to my stomach by the time I got there. Very surreal to think of the people in New York having to deal with the devastation of that day. It wasn't until I got home that evening that I really saw the true horror of what happened that day.

That being said in my first paragraph above, it is a small radical sect of extremists that wish us harm and those types can be found in any religion, people who wish others to bend to their beliefs and ways against ones will. " Towel heads " are not necessarily the ones who wish us harm, but I do understand the confusion of trying to figure out who the bad guys are. The bad guys could be in a suit and tie as they try to blend into the general population, as to not draw attention to themselves. My business partner is a Seik, that religion has the unusual practice of men not cutting their hair, so they keep it wrapped up on top of their heads. He had to fear for his life those few months after this event because of the ingnorance of those not distinguishing who the bad ones really are.

Just keep an open mind of tolerance before passing full judgment on those just because of their look. Once they open their mouths and see what their actions are then one can get a better picture of who that person is and what they are about. Passing judgement on just one aspect (look) is not far from the extremists passing judgement on us all in the US because of the action of one man who wanted to burn the Koran to mark the anniversay today.

Peace All.

That being said in my first paragraph above, it is a small radical sect of extremists that wish us harm and those types can be found in any religion, people who wish others to bend to their beliefs and ways against ones will. " Towel heads " are not necessarily the ones who wish us harm, but I do understand the confusion of trying to figure out who the bad guys are. The bad guys could be in a suit and tie as they try to blend into the general population, as to not draw attention to themselves.

Do you assume the perpetrators were Muslim? If so, why? Because it's what you hear on TV? I accepted that view for several years. Then I saw

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=964034652002408586

Are you aware that "1286 verified architectural and engineering professionals and 9467 other supporters including A&E students have signed the petition demanding of Congress a truly independent investigation." They have had several well publicized press conferences. The mainstream media has almost completely ignored this. And it is not the only organization by any means.

6763.gif

Archived