Do you think Led Zeppelin will ever reunite?

Dazedandconfused7

109 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that Led Zeppelin will ever reunite and maybe go on tour?

• Yes
    • No

I'm going to get some flak around here: I have no interest in seeing them live if they reunite. I'm looking for one last studio album. I want 70 minutes of "shades of light and dark" with mystical lyrics, something that transports me somewhere, like the other studio albums do in a way the live albums don't. I love live, but when I sit down with LZ at home I usually put on studio songs.

No flak from me, I agree, and I usually listen to the studio albums at home also.Although I do like live there are only so many versions of a song that I can tolerate. I have 12 bootlegs (not a lot I know) but in my opinion although it is good to hear them there is not much difference between them, and I don't mean sound quality, I mean the actual concerts.

I don't think they will at this point. I have a feeling that Robert is dead set against it even if the others might be willing. Just like anyone else, they are going to do--- or not do what they want. I think Jimmy still has alot of spark left in him to do zep stuff, or stuff like zep.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

OK, that's a question ... but what does it mean? One more gig? A tour? Another album? A full-on revival of the band? The last option is merely an absurdity - it can not and will not happen. John Bonham died, after all.

I loved the O2 gig, and Jason did a marvelous job. At the time I was rather hoping that they would go on to record an album and play just a handful of gigs - with the whole thing dedicated to Bonzo's memory. It would have been beautiful, you know? And I think it would have made Jimmy Page contribute new music ... keep in mind that there really aren't many compelling reasons for him to come up with new music, because of the role he played in Led Zeppelin. The others made it what it was and is, but the fact remains that Led Zeppelin constitutes his musical legacy, his artistic statement. It can not be topped, and Jimmy simply isn't one of the people who get restless if they're not always touring or recording an album, etc.

But anyway, this little wish of mine didn't materialize. That leaves the question whether one or two more reunion gigs are still possible? Yes, that's possible - but it will not happen. Doing it right is a lot of work, they're getting older and have other things to do. Too much time has passed already. It's over.

But what a musical legacy they've left! And watching Celebration Day now really feels like a celebration of that legacy. I believe thanks are in order ... not further speculation.

• 11 months later...

Yes and No. Yes I want it to happen, but no it won't. Not a renunion concert, anyway.

If we can get a final Album, then I'll be happy. Kinda like what Pink Floyd are doing now.

An album that gives a perfect ending to the Led Zeppelin Legacy.

To me, the Led Zeppelin Legacy isn't complete. CODA didn't do it. ITTOD didn't do it. The 02 Gig didn't quite do it.

There feels like something's missing.

To add to the many reasons why Plant probably won't do anything Led Zeppelin again, is that the O2 show was so good. After the previous blunders of Live Aid and Atlantic 40th, the O2 show was triumphant. Plant has even said so, himself. For all the never-ending fan and media talk of Zeppelin not ending their time well, O2 was the absolute book-closer. You can't top that, and there's the risk that they could actually spoil what is already the bow having been tied. The legacy is cemented.

To add to the many reasons why Plant probably won't do anything Led Zeppelin again, is that the O2 show was so good. After the previous blunders of Live Aid and Atlantic 40th, the O2 show was triumphant. Plant has even said so, himself. For all the never-ending fan and media talk of Zeppelin not ending their time well, O2 was the absolute book-closer. You can't top that, and there's the risk that they could actually spoil what is already the bow having been tied. The legacy is cemented.

I'd like to think they would get back together, but I have to agree with what you said Neal.

The O2 was a great show and I think they would be hard pressed to even equal that now.

• 3 weeks later...

Isn't it nauseating to still hear people ask this?

The question will ponder some people's minds (that don't have a clue) until another one or two members pass away - then hopefully they'll quit.

Yes! It's a bizarre phenomenon, and seems to be focused rabidly on innovators across the arts spectrum.

Last year, for instance, I saw Pacino as Massey Hall in a sort of retrospective interview/performance hybrid. Audience members got a chance to ask questions, and one lady chose, "Al, say Hooowaaaah!" Really??! You have a chance to ask anything and go with do that one moment of that character from that movie I could just rewind over and over on my DVD.

A year or two prior, Francis Ford Coppola was premiering a NEW movie, "Twixt," at TIFF. There he was at the press Q&A bearing his heart about how in the making of this film he had to come to terms with the guilt of losing his son in a boating accident. And then there was that one guy who asked something along the lines of, "Now that your daughter is an established director, is there a chance the two of you will do... ANOTHER 'Godfather' movie?" Aaaawkwaaaaard! And really, it's kind of rude, right? Coppola was respectful, but you could tell he was clearly annoyed as he explained - yet again - the hard time he had on the original and his lament about the call for sequels; basically death to artistry and innovation.

It's a strange sort of nostalgia drug hit mixed with a cross-over from a commercial mindset - hey, I paid, so give me what I want, as if ordering from the drive-through at McD's.

What's unique about the Zep 'reunion' phenomenon is that one of the pulls comes from within. I want to tread respectfully but also frankly here; Page has clearly stoked the reunion flames and fanned them Robert's way who has then had to dodge the you're an a-hole for not doing it heat. You get the sense that Robert was lured into it before (the P&P projects), and is now more blunt and resolute than ever about NOT. DOING. A. REUNION. AGAIN.

But you know there's going to be that one guy...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived