Robert Plant on BBC Electric Proms

zola

• 2 weeks later...

this is the official site and I just obtained email confirmation of my two tickets:

http://www

oh well, you can lead a horse to water,etc,etc

A horse maybe but I ain't no donkey! The official page has no link to your tickets order page, no e-mail upodates have been sent out. So where did you get this from? Its a scam and you should be removed from the board.

A horse maybe but I ain't no donkey! The official page has no link to your tickets order page, no e-mail upodates have been sent out. So where did you get this from? Its a scam and you should be removed from the board.

ahem, I think you'll find you are a prize ass if not a donkey. Just go to seetickets website and follow the bbc electric proms link at top of popular events list. Maybe you are the tout on EBay selling tickets for £499 and thats why you d'ont want people to follow the link to standard price £27 tickets...

ahem, I think you'll find you are a prize ass if not a donkey. Just go to seetickets website and follow the bbc electric proms link at top of popular events list. Maybe you are the tout on EBay selling tickets for £499 and thats why you d'ont want people to follow the link to standard price £27 tickets...

If you check the pag eon the official Electric Prom site it clearly states that to purchase tickets you should only follow the links on the page. An official announcement was made yesterday on BBC Radio2 that all tickets had sold out but additional tickets would be made available in October as competition giveaways.

If you check the pag eon the official Electric Prom site it clearly states that to purchase tickets you should only follow the links on the page. An official announcement was made yesterday on BBC Radio2 that all tickets had sold out but additional tickets would be made available in October as competition giveaways.

If you actually read the web page that you refer to you will find that it states Seetickets are the only authorised outlet for tickets. Guess what? My link was to seetickets. I would say that all that has happened is that the BBC2 website is out synch with reality: Seetickets must have held some back. I checked today and they are still available.

If you actually read the web page that you refer to you will find that it states Seetickets are the only authorised outlet for tickets. Guess what? My link was to seetickets. I would say that all that has happened is that the BBC2 website is out synch with reality: Seetickets must have held some back. I checked today and they are still available.

Anyone considering this company should search about them first. Here's an example

http://www.reviewcen...view717887.html

23rd Sep 2010 - "Awful. I bought the ticket - it came. I got refused entry at the door as the ticket was invalid -seetickets had not been given consent to sell the ticket. I e-mailed them and phoned them. I was given no refund nor reasonable explanation. A very dodgy company. Their staff were bordering on abusive and you get charged a premium rate for phoning them. Do not use them. I never will again. This is the only time I had had problems with an online order with a company."

The company has a 1.7 / 5 review on the site.

Ok I have to put my hands up and apologise. The BBC still states that all tickets are sold out but you are correct. I have contacted Seetickets on 0871 297 0044 and they are still available. Was only trying to prevent someone getitng ripped off, so shoot me. You must agree that its not clear on the site.

All I can say is that I have used seetickets on average once a month for gig tickets for several years and have never had any problems. They are an official outlet for many gigs and one of the few ticket agencies I trust alongside ticketmaster.

Ok I have to put my hands up and apologise. The BBC still states that all tickets are sold out but you are correct. I have contacted Seetickets on 0871 297 0044 and they are still available. Was only trying to prevent someone getitng ripped off, so shoot me. You must agree that its not clear on the site.

and I was only trying to draw Robert Plants fans attention to the fact that there were now additional tickets availabale for a heavily-subscribed and previously sold out gig. For my troubles your paranoid attentions had me banned from this site as a scammer. Thanks for the apology.:D

No it isn't. The address you have given bares no relation to the official site address. This is a scam!

Seetickets were the official ticket agency for the Electric Proms. When you clicked the on the link on the BBC website it went to one of seetickets servers. Unfortunately Seetickets website crashed and burned, failing to take my money and throwing me to the back of the queue. So I didn't initially get a ticket. However, I complained, something I don't normally do. But this wasn't the first time their system had failed to work. It always seems to collapses for popular ticket gigs. But even though it said it was sold out, some tickets were available because a customer service person phoned to discuss my complaint and offered me a ticket. After my first ever real complaint returned such a good outcome. I think I might take it up as a hobby.

Seetickets were the official ticket agency for the Electric Proms. When you clicked the on the link on the BBC website it went to one of seetickets servers. Unfortunately Seetickets website crashed and burned, failing to take my money and throwing me to the back of the queue. So I didn't initially get a ticket. However, I complained, something I don't normally do. But this wasn't the first time their system had failed to work. It always seems to collapses for popular ticket gigs. But even though it said it was sold out, some tickets were available because a customer service person phoned to discuss my complaint and offered me a ticket. After my first ever real complaint returned such a good outcome. I think I might take it up as a hobby.

Good for you. Sounds like it worked out very positive for you. Well then, maybe Seetickets, wasn't a scam after all. Thanks for the info.

Archived