Best Audience recorded shows

Flyingzepp

So I just finished rounding all the sbd's & studio stuff...

I have a few Audience recordings, obviously all of millards, honolulu 9/6/70, blueberry hill etc. etc.

What audience recordings out there offer good sounding quality, or audible quality? I am just starting this process of collection collecting & you guys are always a awesome resource and good form of chit chat about the greatest live band ever, thanks in advance.

I think the March 1970 Montreux is absolutely fab sounding (Divinity or Intimidator). Sept.14th 1973 Berkeley is also great, a great pity only the vinyl source has survived.

I'm with you on that one, phenomenal quality. Here's a few:

28-4-77

19-4-77

21-3-75

11-6-77

28-2-75

As you can see I'm a big '77 fan. :P

I think the March 1970 Montreux is absolutely fab sounding (Divinity or Intimidator). Sept.14th 1973 Berkeley is also great, a great pity only the vinyl source has survived.

Berkeley is from 1971 and not 1973. Just a typo on your part, I'm sure. Mostly known as "Going To California". Great performance and sound. One of the best.

Millards 75 recordings from LA are often overlooked for some reason but the 25th and 27th of march are both must haves for me, they sound great and are two of the best performances of the tour.

From 73 I'd recommend 24/3 Offenbach, not a perfect recording but nice and clear that possible Page's greatest ever performance.

From 70 I'd recommend 7/4 Raleigh, missing the end of the show but a nice clear and really powerful recording for the time.

Just got Intimidator and am listening to it now...holy crap, it's as good as a soundboard, if not better. I know there is some soundboard mixed into the matrix, but I think it's mainly an audience recording which is amazing.

01.We're Gonna Groove(*1-*2-*1)

02.I Can't Quit You(*1)

03.Dazed and Confused(*1)

04.Heartbreaker(*1)

05.White Summer / Black Mountainside(*1-*2-*1)

06.Since I've Been Loving You(*1)

01.Organ Solo(*1)

02.Thank You(*1)

03.What Is and What Should Never Be(*1)

04.Moby Dick(*1)

05.How Many More Times(*1-*3)

incl The Hunter(*3)

/ Boogie Woogie(*3)

/ Move On Down the Line(*3)

/ Truckin' Little Mama(*3)

/ My Baby Left Me(*3)

/ Spinnin' Top(*3)

/ The Lemon Song(*3)

06.Whole Lotta Love(*3)

[source]

(*1)AUD Tape Ex- (*2)SBD Tape1 Vg (*3)SBD Tape2 Ex

Yea Montreux is full of energy, A Great performance. Thats one of my fave audience recordings.

Are any of the shows from MSG of 77 in June worth getting? I love the La Forum nights from the next week.

Yeah man definitely, the show on the 11th is one of the best of the whole tour imo. The first show also features Nutrocker in No Quarter, which only happened three times.

• 3 months later...

Well i got 2 new shows this week, night 1 of MSG from 77, my gosh, I'm glad i dont do drugs before I go on stage with my band.

And the other one which was recommended in here is the Berkely show from 9/14/71 and it kicks a lot of ass so thanks for that recommendation.

Are the 2 warm up shows from 79 before knebworth audience or SBD?

Well i got 2 new shows this week, night 1 of MSG from 77, my gosh, I'm glad i dont do drugs before I go on stage with my band.

And the other one which was recommended in here is the Berkely show from 9/14/71 and it kicks a lot of ass so thanks for that recommendation.

Hi,

Audience but pretty good quality and performances.

Andy

They are both AUD recordings, with the 23rd being the better recording but the 24th being the better performance IMO, but both very good recordings....

Not a fan of the 7/6 show? I personally think its a great show for '77 standards.

Archived