the new forum

Kith Kannan

what do you all think of it?

personally, I like the layout and look of the old one more. Plus its a pain whenever I have to re-register and I lose my post count etc...

I'm sure I will get used to this one though. I hope we don't going to lose to many members in the transition. :ph34r::hippy:

A few things I'm not enamored with at the moment, but will get over:

-- it doesn't tell you when someone else has posted, which is havoc in the game threads

-- I miss the text above and below the avatar

-- we lost a lot of smilies that I personally liked, not to mention threads with tons of information and pictures

-- 60 second wait time between posts

A few things I really like:

-- it's much more organized

-- ignored users list/friends list

-- the software package is just nicer

-- search is back

-- the board is running a lot smoother and faster

All in all this is a transition that while abrupt, is much better in the long-run than what we had.

I don't care for how the pm thing works now. There's no good notification when you get one and the quoting thing is weird. I also don't like how you have to stop whatever you're doing to check your pm's instead of having it come up in a separate window. :wacko:

You can see who views your own/other's profiles? I'm not sure if that's going to be a good thing, or a bad thing. :lol:

Hi Angi ! Good to see ya, yeah, it is great for people who like to snoop! LOL.

And you have to move real quick if you know someone is "following you!

One of the old boards was like this.

I love the phrase: Last Seen..........:hysterical:

Hi Angi ! Good to see ya, yeah, it is great for people who like to snoop! LOL.

And you have to move real quick if you know someone is "following you!

One of the old boards was like this.

I love the phrase: Last Seen..........:hysterical:

:wave:

I like to snoop. :shifty::lol:

The last seen is great! :lol:

LR, I agree about the quoting thing...took me 5 mins in another thread to figure it out! :lol: (BTW, for those who haven't yet, you have to click "quote", then "reply".) :D

LR, I agree about the quoting thing...took me 5 mins in another thread to figure it out! :lol: (BTW, for those who haven't yet, you have to click "quote", then "reply".) :D

Actually, you only need to click the "quote" button if you want to multi-quote. If you just want to reply to the one person, click "reply" and the quote will be there. That's what I did to respond to this.

I don't care for how the pm thing works now. There's no good notification when you get one and the quoting thing is weird. I also don't like how you have to stop whatever you're doing to check your pm's instead of having it come up in a separate window. :wacko:

I quite like that myself.

Quite often when I got a new PM I'd think "I'll read that in a minute" and then forget all about it 'til about half an hour later.

Whoops.

So being forced to read them is quite good for me.

Everyone worries about their posts and pms from the old site....How about all the great artwok that Sam has designed and displayed on this site over the years ? I think it's time he put up some kind of link or secton to display all of that fine stuff.....kind of a Zeppelin art gallery if you will.

I kept looking for another secret link on the home page. B)

-- I miss the text above and below the avatar

That's the only thing I can truly say I wish was here.I'm a member of a few other boards which are the exact same layout,so this is much better IMHO.

The rest will take care of itself in time;especially since we can still access the old board-for now.

:yay:

Just tried to change my avatar but the new one only shows up in my controls. With my posts it's still the old one. Weird. :blink:

There's a difference between your avatar and your personal picture. Your personal picture CAN be your avatar if you want it to, but to change either of them, you need to go to two separate places. I think that might be the problem.

There's a difference between your avatar and your personal picture. Your personal picture CAN be your avatar if you want it to, but to change either of them, you need to go to two separate places. I think that might be the problem.

Nah, it was the avatar. It shows up now and I didn't change a thing since my post! Maybe it just took a while to work. I tend to be a bit impatient... :D

Archived