No Quarter live

Misfit

sorry for the low quality, fwiw i think it was 5/25 (small cut) to 5/22, then (cut blues section which doesn't even sound like Zeppelin to me) before Jimmy does his best guitar work heard on a No Quarter soundboard from '77 (some of the best playing i''ve heard from any '77 soundboard), it goes to 5/30. Been years can't remember. the absolute best thing I've ever heard on soundboard... 5/30/77. Gonna give a nod and recommend the entire '77 Landover run's sbds. Such a trip back in time. And even though its only 20 minutes, that shit is heavy. AND well played by all but Bonzo, in parts. Jimmy is ripping but him and Bonzo seem to seriously be throwing each other off in '77. Unless they were up to something else. ;)

the one thing about my dream No Quarter i made... Jonesy does absolutely nothing to make Jimmy and Bonzo's job easier. Sometime he holds it together, sometimes he sounds apathetic.

• 5 months later...
On 16/02/2016 at 9:41 PM, tom kid said:

^ I've always thought that the  22/06 show would rate above the 21/06 if we had it in similar quality, it absolutely smokes. Best version of IMTOD they ever did imo, the intensity of it is just on another level. SIBLY is also amazing, if I'm not mistaken this is the show where Robert says 'Jimmy Page's trousers are falling down!'. Always got a chuckle out of me.

Might need to dig this show out after work and give it a listen...

Granted I havn't listened to many full '77 NQ's, but the drum/guitar interplay in the jam on the 06/22 show is wonderful. I've never heard them do that before and if anyone remembers it and can point me to any more like that.

To have it in better sound quality would be a Godsend.

Archived