What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

I think No Quarter has become my favorite live Zep song. I dig listening to the versions from each tour as it grew from 73-75-77. I really like the 73 versions, they were short, compact, and very eerie and atmospheric. 77 was more of a long jam, in lieu of Dazed & Confused.

I agree, I find myself listening to it the most out of any Zep song since I pretty much just listen to live recordings these days.

Just home from work, drinking a Racer 5 IPA and gearing up for a trip out to the garage to do a little listening. Been enjoying 3/16 and 3/24/1973 lately (Due to Tom Kid's thread, thanks Tom!). Like the suggestion of 2/12/75, I have the matrix, it's one of the best I've heard but I think I'll start off with the No Quarter from 6/25/77. It's has some incredable breaks at the end. Listened to the end of New Orleans '73 last night, awesome Heartbreaker>Whole Lotta Love!

Just home from work, drinking a Racer 5 IPA and gearing up for a trip out to the garage to do a little listening. Been enjoying 3/16 and 3/24/1973 lately (Due to Tom Kid's thread, thanks Tom!). Like the suggestion of 2/12/75, I have the matrix, it's one of the best I've heard but I think I'll start off with the No Quarter from 6/25/77. It's has some incredable breaks at the end. Listened to the end of New Orleans '73 last night, awesome Heartbreaker>Whole Lotta Love!

Racer 5 IPA rules! Love a good IPA, I'm a hop freak.

Racer 5 IPA rules! Love a good IPA, I'm a hop freak.

Tried Green Flash's West Coast or Russian River's Pliny the Elder? My two favs! The new Ranger from New Belgium is good too, I never really liked much from them but this stuff is good.

BTW I ended up listening to 6/27/77. Wow, the No Quarter is awesome! I also listened to some King Crimson from Asbury Park '74, the show that ended up on Made in USA and a little Janis from Port Chester, NY, 08/08/70. Then I celebrated the 32 anniversery of the 10/21/78 Grateful Dead show (the first show I dosed at!!!) by listening to the new matrix! Kickin' Other One > Stella Blue!

Can't wait for the weekend!

Tried Green Flash's West Coast or Russian River's Pliny the Elder? My two favs! The new Ranger from New Belgium is good too, I never really liked much from them but this stuff is good.

Yes and yes! Pliny is a classic. Not available in Michigan, but I'm such a beer geek I do trades for California beers. I have Bells Two Hearted in my kegerator, which is the #2 ranked IPA on RateBeer.com. You can check out my beer ratings here:

mattmc1973 beer ratings

It Might Get Loud....again :D

After two days of seeing JPJ, Robert and JBLZE all playing in a varity of locations.. I was thinking about Jimmy and wondering, with respect...WHEN is he going to back on stage? Still have faith..but would be nice to see all of them.

It Might Get Loud....again :D

After two days of seeing JPJ, Robert and JBLZE all playing in a varity of locations.. I was thinking about Jimmy and wondering, with respect...WHEN is he going to back on stage? Still have faith..but would be nice to see all of them.

Maybe when his book is finally out maybe things will start happening. Right now I'm listening to "The Best Of Rockline Live, PT. 3"

Listen here: http://www.rocklineradio.com/replay/replay.php

Tried listening to a few tracks from 6/29 & 6/30 of 1980, but it was too painful to hear. Sounds like they replaced Jimmy with a beginning guitar student who's been playing for a month. Ugh.

Matt, skip to the last three songs of 6/30/80 immediately! They will restore your faith!

I must go listen to them now!

Edited by chef free

Tried listening to a few tracks from 6/29 & 6/30 of 1980, but it was too painful to hear. Sounds like they replaced Jimmy with a beginning guitar student who's been playing for a month. Ugh.

:D An insult to beginner guitar students everywhere! And those are considered the best shows of the tour!

You really wanna hear a 1980 show where Zep sounds like a bad cover/garage band? Try Hannover (24 June) or a large part of the Berlin show (specially if you're a "White Summer" fan...) YMMV.