What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

I've just hit 1980, and listened to Dortmund & Koln yesterday...Now onto Brussels, which is one of the shows I'd heard before. Not ashamed to admit I find myself welling up during All My Love. Surprised Plant could carry that off live - I know I wouldn't have been able to.

Just wait until you get to Frankfurt and Zurich! Those are cracking shows!

Inspired by my recent listen to the 5-25-75 Earls Court, I am going to embark on a direct A<B comparison of the 5-24 and 5-25 EC shows to determine, once and for all, which is the better of the two.

still haven't heard that new vancouver show......but i do have it here........i always hit one track first on a 75 board..........Dazed

any good?

You never answered my question in my post above...but I got to wondering if I was thinking of the right Vancouver show. Did you mean the March 19, 1975 "Snow Jobs" show? Or the March 20, 75 "Snowblind" one?

I just pulled out my "Snowblind" to give it another listen and I have to correct my assessment from above. I rate this "Dazed and Confused" as better than average...it's a good one, especially for 1975. The "Woodstock" interlude is very moody and Jimmy's speed and tone in the fast solo part is better than his usual 75 standards.

It was 41 years ago today and Zeppelin was here in Orlando....listening to the show right now. Wish two things, 1) Celebration Day was in SB, 2) Whole Lotta Love wasn't cut before the end - LOVE the intro!!! :yesnod:

Edited by Walter

It was 41 years ago today and Zeppelin was here in Orlando....listening to the show right now. Wish two things, 1) Celebration Day was in SB, 2) Whole Lotta Love wasn't cut before the end - LOVE the intro!!! :yesnod:

Fantastic show, and agree with your "wishes" 100%. Small consolation: Celebration Day from four days later (Sep 4 Toronto) is available in SB quality, and it's a hot performance too.

You never answered my question in my post above...but I got to wondering if I was thinking of the right Vancouver show. Did you mean the March 19, 1975 "Snow Jobs" show? Or the March 20, 75 "Snowblind" one?

I just pulled out my "Snowblind" to give it another listen and I have to correct my assessment from above. I rate this "Dazed and Confused" as better than average...it's a good one, especially for 1975. The "Woodstock" interlude is very moody and Jimmy's speed and tone in the fast solo part is better than his usual 75 standards.

yeh....the new one that just came out a couple months ago.....i really enjoy all the live dazeds anyways....i just need a time to listen when i can really crank it up

What are the best availabe versions of the 2 last nights at Earls court? I have yet to hear both shows in their entirety.

In terms of audio, EVSD's "Earl's Court 2405 Evoluzione", and "When We Were Kings". In terms of video, "EVSD's "In the Court of King James" and "Demand Unprecedented in the History of Rock Music".

Bearing in mind that I've still got Zurich & Frankfurt to come

a lot of the 80 tour stuff is quite good, with those two shows being the tops......some of the zurich show (kashmir and trampled) were actually semi officially released on a tribute to john bonham 4 disc radio special i bagged back around 1990...the band were truly working up to what would have been an incredible american tour..i think that trampled and possibly WLL would have been played in extended form....as they did the last show in berlin.....here is the WLL from berlin.....a bit piercing but definitely a bit different as it progressed through the tour...jonesies bass line leading into the noise session is new (at the time) and awesome....still not sure what pagey is doing to get the feedback,distortion, theramin type shit out of his guitar.....but he surely is having a good play with things

http://youtu.be/rq7ivBXti-4

and this is the aforementioned trampled from frankfurt....quite raunchy.....he nails the short solo and then wails at the end of the tune......one of, if not, my fave.....

ya gotta turn it up loud..........

...............just don't hurt yerself

Muckmender

Edited by beetleron

While on the train ride out of L.A., I'm listening to one of the new boots I picked up over the weekend, "Swiss Made" from HEN(Home ® Entertainment Network). It's a soundboard of the June 29, 1980 Zurich, Switzerland show.

What's interesting is that the Zurich audience tape I have on cd is also called "Swiss Made"...I think it was put out by the TDOLZ label. But I haven't been able to find any mention or reviews of this soundboard "Swiss Made" on Underground Uprising, Collectors Music Reviews or BootLedz.com

I just put it on so I'm only a few songs in...but so far, so good. :)

Edited by Strider

While on the train ride out of L.A., I'm listening to one of the new boots I picked up over the weekend, "Swiss Made" from HEN(Home ® Entertainment Network). It's a soundboard of the June 29, 1980 Zurich, Switzerland show.

What's interesting is that the Zurich audience tape I have on cd is also called "Swiss Made"...I think it was put out by the TDOLZ label. But I haven't been able to find any mention or reviews of this soundboard "Swiss Made" on Underground Uprising, Collectors Music Reviews or BootLedz.com

I just put it on so I'm only a few songs in...but so far, so good. :)

Love the Achilles' and Heartbreaker from this show!