Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Misfit

What show or live song are you listening to now?

4,095 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Sathington Willoughby said:

That is some fantastic 77 footage.  Probably the best non Seattle 77 footage I have seen.  Thanks for posting it.

I don't imagine anyone that attended one of Zeps more powerful concerts - or the overwhelming majority of them for that matter, would have seen anything since that comes anywhere close.

Lucky buggers.

On 4/19/2017 at 7:59 AM, John M said:

That is some fantastic 77 footage.  Probably the best non Seattle 77 footage I have seen.  Thanks for posting it.

NP! I thought so too!

Watching Page/Crowes at Jones Beach.  Great start with Celebration Day/Wanton Song/Misty Mt Hop trio! 

:bravo: That "Ten Years Gone" was AWESOME! :bravo: 

Love seeing/hearing it played on the Les Paul.  Such depth with multi-guitars....as it was written to be played.  

Favorites come and favorites go, but Ten Years Gone is always at the top for me as far as Zeppelin songs go.  

7 hours ago, Walter said:

:bravo: That "Ten Years Gone" was AWESOME! :bravo: 

Love seeing/hearing it played on the Les Paul.  Such depth with multi-guitars....as it was written to be played.  

Favorites come and favorites go, but Ten Years Gone is always at the top for me as far as Zeppelin songs go.  

Me too mate. This version of TYG is my go to, because of the sound quality and the multiple guitars. Just a pity it's not Zep

June 22, 1977  A powerhouse show.  Over the Hills deserves special mention.  Sure the beginning is not spot on but such power, and Jimmy is OVER THE TOP in the solo starting around 2:36.  I am going back through all my 1977 versions of Over the Hills to see if he was ever quite like this on another night.  How he does this after playing 2 and half hours is beyond human.  Same goes for Bonham and Jones of course.

Dancing Days at University -

Led Zeppelin at Southampton University January 22, 1973

I listened to Listen to This Eddie last night. It really is the final word on their live stuff I reckon. Just so much energy. Bonham is off the scales. But y'all know this. :drumz:

"Thank You". One of my all time faves. It really takes me back to when I saw them, I was 13.

Posted (edited)

Edited by geisha78

Posted (edited)

Edited by geisha78

44 years to the day the record breaking show of 56,800 at Tampa Stadium. .

Jimmy Page - Stairway To Heaven - Cow Palace '83