What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

June 7, 1977 MSG. I only have two of the 1977 MSG shows on silvers...this and June 14. Need to get the others.

I always wonder what happened on stage to inspire Robert to start singing "Rawhide" just before "Black Country Woman". You can hear something happened...some sort of funny business on stage perhaps. Anybody who was at the June 7 show want to jump in here and shed some light?

Seattle '77, been years since I've heard and seen the only pro-shot video from my favorite year of live Zeppelin, and its not half as bad as I remember. Besides, the youtube version above seems to have better sound quality than the two dvd's I have of the show. Need to check my versions. Also was messing around with 5/30/77 soundboard trying to sync it to the Seattle video, waste of time, I'll leave that to someone who knows what they're doing. But parts of it sounded and looked pretty cool, when it was in sync. Even the best soundboard from '77 doesn't distract from Jimmy looking super out of it. But again to be fair not half as bad as I remember the performance being. B)

On 6/11/2017 at 3:03 AM, John M said:

It seems like a good day to listen to the show I saw 40 years ago today.  

I was just turned on to this show about a month back and what a hell of a show it is!! Where were you sitting John???

51 minutes ago, Bozoso73 said:

I was just turned on to this show about a month back and what a hell of a show it is!! Where were you sitting John???

Unfortunately in the second level in the back.  But the sound was overwhelming!  One sound that will stay with me forever was the guitar tone in the Rover opening to Sick Again.  And the drums !!  This recording bears that out.  I just found this recording recently.  For years I had only the soundboard snippet and much worse audience tapes.  This is a revelation!  The sound at least in parts is up there with some of the LA recordings.   Just listen to Nobody's Fault and Dying Time.  Wow.    

They had to be tripping on acid at this show. I've never heard Bonham twist up the entire drum pattern during the solo section like this before, and Page and JPJ somehow rolled with it and turned into sheer fucking magic. The intro to the solo is much longer than I've ever heard and Bonzo is setting the tone for a very different version of this song. Again, they were on some good acid and slipped into another dimension here. What a trip!

On 6/2/2017 at 7:03 PM, nick2632 said:

Also got the U.K. 1971/11/16 show (only other show with Gallows Pole performed full other than Copenhagen 1971/05/03), and still can't believe what a great one that is.. That performance of Gallows Pole as the encore is absolutely blistering!! 

To me THIS is what Zeppelin were all about, this right here encapsulates everything the band were all about. Here they take an acoustic tune, strip it down, reconstruct it as an electric version without compromising the intimacy and integrity of the original arrangement and it works brilliantly. What an amazing performance.

I had forgotten about this quote from Plant on June 25, 1977

"Thank you very much. Well as you probably know we managed to get one day off in the last seven days. So being a little more rested than we were before, we intend, we intend to try and put as much gusto as possible into a Saturday night. Plenty of gusto."

Gusto indeed!

2 hours ago, John M said:

June 25 was a good day for Zeppelin.  Two shows on the list for today.

June 25, 1972

June 25, 1977

Indeed John. . Indeed . . I have 6/25/77 on as I write and will do 1972 later. . TURN IT UP TODAY BADGEHOLDERS!!!!!!