What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

• 2 weeks later...

Texas, 21th May 1977. Very good sound quality. Awesome

I like the Houston show also, great version of NQ imo. The night after in fort worth blows it out of the water though imo, too bad it doesn't have the advantage of a sbd recording like the 21st does.

I like the Houston show also, great version of NQ imo. The night after in fort worth blows it out of the water though imo, too bad it doesn't have the advantage of a sbd recording like the 21st does.

Still a good show. I do like the version of TYG from this show as well. Great NQ too as you said.

Still a good show. I do like the version of TYG from this show as well. Great NQ too as you said.

Man those 77 boards always make Bonham sound like a tin can and Jimmy sound like hes using a fisher price guitar. I honestly almost never listen to them anymore....and i own em all lol. No quarter always one reason to listen to them at least. Can't justify a sit through of a whole soundboard ever tho.

Man those 77 boards always make Bonham sound like a tin can and Jimmy sound like hes using a fisher price guitar. I honestly almost never listen to them anymore....and i own em all lol. No quarter always one reason to listen to them at least. Can't justify a sit through of a whole soundboard ever tho.

I'm waiting for a Knebworth quality matrix of one of those Sdb's. I used to never listen to Knebworth boots until i found the Winston matrix.

Charlotte, North Carolina 6/9/72.

Pretty good show - I think it is funny to listen to the guys talking in between the songs. The one guy seems apologetic saying, "they're usually better than this?!". Good show.

I am currently listening to Seattle 7/17/73.

As per the norm round the house this time of year, I'm making my way through the '77 shows- I try to listen to each one on the day when I can...sometimes I gotta dig around for them. I've done it completely twice, I think...most days I just don't have the time to sit back and absorb. I listened to Atlanta on Saturday, though, cranked on the stereo while the missus and I were doing some Spring cleaning. Shitty recording ("Why's it sound so distorted?" my wife asked me:D ) but it's actually a really good show, especially for early '77. Page played within his limitations, so it made the long show interesting. Try give it a listen, if you've got it, though it really calls out for 'bootleg ears'. It could possibly be the best of the first leg shows, along with -IMO- April 28th and April 10th. Hell, legend has it even Page and Peter Grant reckoned either St Paul or St Louis -I can't remember which at the moment- was best of the tour, according to their laser tech.

So I'm listening to Destroyer today...first time in ages it seems like. On IMTOD right now...sorta iffy in spots on Jimmy's part, but I always dug Plant's scream at 6.05.

No need to comment on the show, of course...I'd say it's been done. I always liked TYG from this night in particular.

WHOOOOPS...love Page's little boo boo on the slide at 8.48 (IMTOD) :P

Though I do agree with some of the above comments about Bonzo sounding like tin cans and Page's "Fisher Price" guitar sound (that's not the first time I've heard that, even in relation to Jimmy Page) on the 1977 soundboards. Even if there were a plethora of them, like there is for '75, say, I'd still favour the audience tapes.

'Kay...I'm gonna bust up now and sit back and listen to "No Quarter", damned cut in the tape and all... B)

As per the norm round the house this time of year, I'm making my way through the '77 shows- I try to listen to each one on the day when I can...sometimes I gotta dig around for them. I've done it completely twice, I think...most days I just don't have the time to sit back and absorb. I listened to Atlanta on Saturday, though, cranked on the stereo while the missus and I were doing some Spring cleaning. Shitty recording ("Why's it sound so distorted?" my wife asked me:D ) but it's actually a really good show, especially for early '77. Page played within his limitations, so it made the long show interesting. Try give it a listen, if you've got it, though it really calls out for 'bootleg ears'. It could possibly be the best of the first leg shows, along with -IMO- April 28th and April 10th. Hell, legend has it even Page and Peter Grant reckoned either St Paul or St Louis -I can't remember which at the moment- was best of the tour, according to their laser tech.

So I'm listening to Destroyer today...first time in ages it seems like. On IMTOD right now...sorta iffy in spots on Jimmy's part, but I always dug Plant's scream at 6.05.

No need to comment on the show, of course...I'd say it's been done. I always liked TYG from this night in particular.

Though I do agree with some of the above comments about Bonzo sounding like tin cans and Page's "Fisher Price" guitar sound (that's not the first time I've heard that, even in relation to Jimmy Page) on the 1977 soundboards. Even if there were a plethora of them, like there is for '75, say, I'd still favour the audience tapes.

('Kay...I'm gonna skin up now and sit back and listen to "No Quarter", damned cut in the tape and all... B) )

('Kay...I'm gonna skin up now and sit back and listen to "No Quarter", damned cut in the tape and all... B) )

You must have the patience of a Saint to sit through what I call Noise...I'm not making fun of you...I actually envy you! tongue.gif. Right now tho I am listening to the second show Cleveland...pretty good audience taper on this on eh.

I find I can appreciate more and more now that I've acquired so many different boots. It's always interesting to hear something new these dayssmile.gif

You must have the patience of a Saint to sit through what I call Noise...I'm not making fun of you...I actually envy you! tongue.gif. Right now tho I am listening to the second show Cleveland...pretty good audience taper on this on eh.

I find I can appreciate more and more now that I've acquired so many different boots. It's always interesting to hear something new these dayssmile.gif

I too envy Nutrocker and his 77/low grade audience faves (God bless you sir!)

I have nearly the same obsession with 75 warts and all.. B)

At the moment though its Offenburg 73.

Good lord, it didnt get any better.

I too envy Nutrocker and his 77/low grade audience faves (God bless you sir!)

I have nearly the same obsession with 75 warts and all.. B)

At the moment though its Offenburg 73.

Good lord, it didnt get any better.

Offenburg, I think is one of the very best from Europe '73.

As far as i know, there is no Winston remaster of the Offenburg show.....

How about the Eddie Edwards version?

I know ur on Guitars 101 and everything on that site with Offenburg is dead

Also all of ZepMasters links are dead as well...That guy is amazing. Not saying you aren't John, cuz you most definitely are awesome!

Edited by ThelegendaryZepp

Most times I skip the Noise solos these days...I mean, i don't listen to Arc by Neil Young on a regular basis, either! :D

I will probably get a chance to listen to the second Cleveland show tomorrow and report back.