What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

Picked up the new soundboard of March 17, 1975 Seattle last Sunday. Listened to it first on the 4th of July. Giving it a second listen on way from work to the "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" screening across town.

An "average" 75 show so far...great sound, tho.

Picked up the new soundboard of March 17, 1975 Seattle last Sunday. Listened to it first on the 4th of July. Giving it a second listen on way from work to the "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" screening across town.

An "average" 75 show so far...great sound, tho.

I agree with you too. Just average for me too. By this time Dazed had gotten far too long. Not like the great '73 versions. Better shows in the states on this tour in the NYC area, Baton Rouge, Long Beach to name a few.

"St. Paul Master"

lz1973-07-09cas.dat.cdrN.eac.cep

just hit the transition from Rock and Roll into Celebration Day :D

(edit)

HOLY No Quarter!!!

only drawback, you need some "bootleg ears"

and perhaps a nice EQ

to really get into it.

not suitable for top-down cruising, but

at the risk of being repetitive,

Holy No Quarter!

(/edit)

(edit)

... and the audience is surprisingly responsive to Moby Dick

(/edit)

Edited by rockthing

The newly-leaked O2 rehearsals :thumbsup:

Interesting timing....maybe this is what's gonna be on JP's site....among other things?

Is this what you are referring to in post #1163?

If so, it's not the O2 rehearsals but "Killing Floor" from the Fillmore West on 27 April 1969.

No. I'm referring to the newly leaked O2 rehearsals.

Glad you cleared this up. Quite often when something like this is leaked, something related to it is on the horizon. It's happened many times in the past with Zeppelin releases.

Will have to seek them out. Have you heard any of these?

No. I'm referring to the newly leaked O2 rehearsals.

Bouillon's right SuperDave...part of the rehearsals have come out and someone posted the link here this morning. The thread was gone in a nanosecond of course.

But it's real...4 songs: Good times...for your life...sibly...and I can't remember the fourth.

Bouillon's right SuperDave...part of the rehearsals have come out and someone posted the link here this morning. The thread was gone in a nanosecond of course.

But it's real...4 songs: Good times...for your life...sibly...and I can't remember the fourth.

ROCK AND ROLL

Having just given the new March 17, 1975 Seattle soundboard a whirl or two (which I posted about on that thread), I've been inspired to give some other 75 soundboards a fresh spin...namely the St. Louis(Godfatherecords "Rock Saint Louie Roll") and Baton Rouge(EVSD's "Rampaging Cajun") shows.

I'm starting with the St. Louis show first. Let you know my thoughts later.

Not Zep, but now Im listening to a just newly GRABBED Plant show 6-19-2011 Telluride Co.

Very compressed FM recording, but ya can hear the Plant Man great, and the band, just a muffled soundboard recording if you will, LOL

Interesting take and change on Black Dog, much like the version on the Andrew Deton show, from the Page and Plant era!!!!

Listening to 2/14/75, "St. Valentine's Day Massacre"...great show!

As a follow up, "No Quarter" is outstanding in this show. I have to say, I enjoy the NQ's from the early shows in '75, when Jones was just using the electric piano, and hadn't yet switched to the grand piano for the solo. It was more jazzy and atmospheric.