Pontiac Silverdome Footage

tom kid

Do you feel this guy is yanking you on this and taking you for a ride or do you feel in your heart that there is at least some truth to its' possible existence? And if so, why do you think so? Just wondering.

I feel there is some truth in this, it's definitely the best way for one to think...

I found out this info on page 2 of this thread.

I think it might be true, he said it was 8 minutes long and a VHS tape he found at a convention in the 80s.

Just checked back there as it's been a few weeks since that page. Getting a response from Sam and that it may exist is a positive thing, so hopefully we'll see it one day.

It may not be much as it's only 8 minutes long, on VHS tape, silent and is more than likely just filmed by a fan. It will probably be jumpy with just bits and pieces from songs as we've seen from many of these films. But we shall see.

Edited by SuperDave

What do you mean by it's been a few weeks ever since that page?

If he responds saying he'll share it is a much awesomer thing to hear! It's worth having, It's nice to have more 8mm of Zep.

My fault. It's been almost a year since that page. And I have posts there from back then. :bagoverhead:

Superdave has a point, It would obviously be a better experience to see the full 16mm pro film of Pontiac, but this 8mm film will definitely be a nice piece to the puzzle!;)

Don't tell me there's two films in existence! One pro and other fan shot? Then we'd have to begin another search as well. :Thinking::faint1:

Nope, there is the 8mm and the proshot. From the LZ Database about the Pontiac 8mm:

Recording Includes: Unknown song listing.

Source: Incomplete 8mm silent color amateur footage. 24 minutes.

Details: It was shot from the right side of the stage and the camera is never quite in clear focus.

I don't think it's 24 minutes, that same website saying that the 6/23/1977 footage is 11 minutes when it's actually 9 minutes

Edited by ledzepfilm

I don't think it's 24 minutes, that same website saying that the 6/23/1977 footage is 11 minutes when it's actually 9 minutes

It was confirmed to me by someone who has a copy that it is 24 minutes, however, that may not equal the time of the source you are trying to get elsewhere.