2/8/75

Misfit

Would this be a good show to get? I read that a lot of songs were cut but the sound quality was good and it was a very good show for 1975. So can anyone tell me anything about this show? Is it an enjoyable show to listen to despite the cuts in the songs?

Would this be a good show to get? I read that a lot of songs were cut but the sound quality was good and it was a very good show for 1975. So can anyone tell me anything about this show? Is it an enjoyable show to listen to despite the cuts in the songs?

What other '75 shows have you got? IMO there are plenty of others out there that knock the pants off Philly.

What other '75 shows have you got? IMO there are plenty of others out there that knock the pants off Philly.

i have

1/12/75

1/29/75

2/12/75

2/16/75

2/28/75

3/5/75

3/10/75

3/12/75

3/14/75

3/17/75

3/19/75

3/21/75

3/27/75

5/17/75

Any other shows from 75 i should get besides Earl's Court?

i have

1/12/75

1/29/75

2/12/75

2/16/75

2/28/75

3/5/75

3/10/75

3/12/75

3/14/75

3/17/75

3/19/75

3/21/75

3/27/75

5/17/75

14.2.75 Uniondale is one of the good SBDs. Plant's a bit rough, but you'll be used to that by now!

11.3.75 is an excellent Millard.

i have

1/12/75

1/29/75

2/12/75

2/16/75

2/28/75

3/5/75

3/10/75

3/12/75

3/14/75

3/17/75

3/19/75

3/21/75

3/27/75

5/17/75

The Chicago shows (1-20 and 1-22) aren't bad...sound on the 1-20 is kinda rough, but you get "Levee" and "Wanton Song".January 22 is probably the best of the early '75 shows. Detroit's not too bad either; "No Quarter" is pretty good on that one. Montreal is kind of an iffy show performance wise in spots but the sound is good and some of the taper commentary is classic. I like 2-13 as well; Ronnie Wood from the Stones/Faces sits in on "Communication Breakdown" which is I think the only guest appearance of the '75 tour.

Regard to the actual topic, Philly is a good show IMO. Some of the 75 concerts tend to drag for me (says the '77 King!) especially the later ones...those fourty minute D&C's. :D I know, I'm wierd...

Earls Court...I listened to the 25th yesterday...some of Plant's banter is fucking priceless. Personally I reckon the addition of the acoustic set is the only thing that gives the EC shows the edge over the rest of the '75 gigs; otherwise I'd still say 3-21 is the best overall 1975 performance. It's just about perfect, and that's as good as you're gonna get for 1975 Zeppelin.

There are 2 different audience recordings for this date. One is 151 mins, the other 128.

My answer to you is get them all. What I like may differ from what you like. I would say May 18th is a very good show, IMO.

Earls Court...I listened to the 25th yesterday...some of Plant's banter is fucking priceless. Personally I reckon the addition of the acoustic set is the only thing that gives the EC shows the edge over the rest of the '75 gigs; otherwise I'd still say 3-21 is the best overall 1975 performance. It's just about perfect, and that's as good as you're gonna get for 1975 Zeppelin.

I think I could agree on Earls Court. I think that the DVD has altered how we perceive them. Not that they are bad I mean if you compare song by song I bet each song is one of the best versions of that song from 75 (like 05-24 Stairway for sure, 05-24 IMTOD, and I think 05-25 Trampled is up there) but I think that if other shows got the professional SBD remixing than we might think differently of them as well.

I ripped the audio from the DVD so I use that in place of the bootleg releases where applicable. Ive found that the quality of the multitrack(right?) SBD boots from Earls Court do not sound as good as most of the other 1975 two track bootleg SBDs.

The Chicago shows (1-20 and 1-22) aren't bad...sound on the 1-20 is kinda rough, but you get "Levee" and "Wanton Song".January 22 is probably the best of the early '75 shows. Detroit's not too bad either; "No Quarter" is pretty good on that one. Montreal is kind of an iffy show performance wise in spots but the sound is good and some of the taper commentary is classic. I like 2-13 as well; Ronnie Wood from the Stones/Faces sits in on "Communication Breakdown" which is I think the only guest appearance of the '75 tour.

Regard to the actual topic, Philly is a good show IMO. Some of the 75 concerts tend to drag for me (says the '77 King!) especially the later ones...those fourty minute D&C's. :D I know, I'm wierd...

Which '75 Chicago show recently surfaced? I think it was 1/20 but I don't remember. sorry, off topic.

Which '75 Chicago show recently surfaced? I think it was 1/20 but I don't remember. sorry, off topic.

An alternate source for January 20 and the previously uncirculating January 22 surfaced a couple of years ago. This is how we now know the old vinyl boots for January 20 actually had stuff from the 21st as well- they didn't play HMMT on the 20th but did play WTLB. And IMTOD was really played after "Stairway". Personally I still prefer the old version for the 20th, but I like that January 22 show quite a bit actually. Plant has a bit of a voice compared to the other January shows.

An alternate source for January 20 and the previously uncirculating January 22 surfaced a couple of years ago. This is how we now know the old vinyl boots for January 20 actually had stuff from the 21st as well- they didn't play HMMT on the 20th but did play WTLB. And IMTOD was really played after "Stairway". Personally I still prefer the old version for the 20th, but I like that January 22 show quite a bit actually. Plant has a bit of a voice compared to the other January shows.

Yea you're right; I definitely remember it being the 22nd that surfaced. I remember it being discussed on a forum, it actually might have been the old forum.

Archived