Jimmy Page Shopping in Nishi-Shinjuko, Tokyo (1/27/08)

SteveAJones

• 2 weeks later...

Clips from a Japanese Television show called "Can you speak English?"

Guitarists Marty Friedman and Rolly Teranishi interview Jimmy Page.

Filmed January 31, 2008.

Broadcast February 25, 2008.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCybsU4stAE&feature=related

Great video Steve. Thanks. One of the oddest interviews I've seen with Jimmy. Better yet, from an obsessed fan.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

It took a fair bit of sleuthing but I've confirmed the locations of both video clips:

Video Clip #1:

Recorded: January 27, 2008

Location: Blind Faith Import and Used CD Gallery (Nishi-Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan)

May1st550.jpg

Photo Credit: Steve A. Jones (May 1, 2011)

May1st551.jpg

May1st568.jpg

May1st565.jpg

May1st561.jpg

May1st562.jpg

May1st555.jpg

May1st554.jpg

May1st560.jpg

May1st558.jpg

Video clip #2:

Recorded: January 27, 2008

20110508003.jpg

Photo Credit: Steve A. Jones (May 8, 2011)

20110508007.jpg

20110508007.jpg

20110508005.jpg

20110508008.jpg

20110508009.jpg

20110508010.jpg

20110508017.jpg

20110508015.jpg

20110508012-1.jpg

Great photos Steve. The first store had quite an extensive amount of LZ shows.

Yes, Blind Faith is my favorite among the ten or so independent music stores I have found in the Nishi-Shinjuku district. The owner told me Jimmy has come in to shop there five times! Unsure if he meant thru the years or just during that stay in Tokyo (January 2008) but I hope to get clarification on the details. I also hope to post more photos soon of Jimmy shopping in other stores within the district. I've already taken the photos I just need to find the time to post them.

Yes, Blind Faith is my favorite among the ten or so independent music stores I have found in the Nishi-Shinjuku district. The owner told me Jimmy has come in to shop there five times! Unsure if he meant thru the years or just during that stay in Tokyo (January 2008) but I hope to get clarification on the details. I also hope to post more photos soon of Jimmy shopping in other stores within the district. I've already taken the photos I just need to find the time to post them.

Thanks Steve. Certainly looking forward to more of these photos!

Hey Steve.

Do you happen to have this elsewhere?

Thanks!

I can get a copy from the taper, if that's what you mean. I was in the bootleg district again tonight. I picked up about 30 titles. Typhoon conditions are forecasted for this weekend so I'll just hunker down at home and listen to concert recordings. Listening to a Coverdale/Page soundcheck from Yoyogi Olympic Pool (1993) at the moment.

I can get a copy from the taper, if that's what you mean. I was in the bootleg district again tonight. I picked up about 30 titles. Typhoon conditions are forecasted for this weekend so I'll just hunker down at home and listen to concert recordings. Listening to a Coverdale/Page soundcheck from Yoyogi Olympic Pool (1993) at the moment.

It's just that the link no longer exists and you know, I kinda, sorta, maybe have somewhat murky feelings toward Mr Page. Seeing the interview might be a nice experience for me.

Good luck with the weather. At least having to stay indoors will keep you out of trouble... maybe.wink.gif

• 2 months later...

Another Led Zeppelin.com Forum Exclusive! These photos have never appeared online until now.

Jimmy Page at Shinjuku Records in Nishi-Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan

Saturday, February 25, 2002

038d.jpg

Jimmy Page poses for a photograph with the store owner

041.jpg

Jimmy Page prepares to sign a large b&w Led Zeppelin poster for the store owners

038b.jpg

Jimmy Page poses for a photograph with two beautiful Japanese fans in the store

037.jpg

Shinjuku Records (August 20, 2011) Photo Credit: Steve A. Jones

20110515040.jpg

20110515047.jpg

042.jpg

20110515055.jpg

...thank you SAJ; beautiful and Warm presentation of Japanese Culture in these photos...........

• 2 weeks later...

With you on that one, Steve. I visited a few bootleg stores in that area, and Blind Faith seemed to be the best of the bunch.

I've scored a few Zep and Who CDs from them (and of course the Knebworth 79 DVDs).

I remember walking in the first time; seeing that wall of Led Zep bootlegs, and having to resist the child-in-a-sweetshop urge....

• 1 year later...

These photos have never appeared online until now.

scan0002-2.jpg

Jimmy Page & Robert Plant at a train station while on their Japanese Tour in February 1996

scan0001-5.jpg

Photo on the left: Robert Plant signing autographs in Tokyo during the Page/Plant Japanese Tour, February 1996.

Photo on the right: Robert Plant signing autographs in front of Iko Iko (now known as Blind Faith) within the Nishi-Shinjuku (Tokyo) bootleg district during the Page/Plant Japanese Tour, February 1996.

Scans courtesy Steve A. Jones Archive

Archived