Tribute bands

ms_zeppelin94

Yes, I used the "Search" button, and I couldn't find an old topic. So here it is.

Your favorite tribute bands, worst tributes. Anything...

Zoso used to play in this area (Eastern NC) pretty frequently and by all reports they were quite good. That said, I have no desire to see an imitation of a band no matter how good they may (or may not) be. I'd rather see these tribute bands channel their energy into something original.

Zoso used to play in this area (Eastern NC) pretty frequently and by all reports they were quite good. That said, I have no desire to see an imitation of a band no matter how good they may (or may not) be. I'd rather see these tribute bands channel their energy into something original.

But, when you don't have the option to see the original, to experience a performance by a great tribute band is a good choice. Some of them got it down so well. Even, though it's not quite Led Zeppelin or whoever. Seeing the JBLZE was incredible to me and done so well. Very efficient.

But, when you don't have the option to see the original, to experience a performance by a great tribute band is a good choice. Some of them got it down so well. Even, though it's not quite Led Zeppelin or whoever. Seeing the JBLZE was incredible to me and done so well. Very efficient.

I equate tribute bands to being the rock n' roll equivalent of a blow-up doll. What I find particularly baffling are tribute bands for artists that still actively tour such as A1A (Jimmy Buffett) and the Dave Matthews Tribute Band. There's also a Widespread Panic tribute band.

I actually came very close to seeing Zoso a few years ago. I was in Wilmington for the weekend, and they were doing a gig in the area. But that night we had a huge storm...Im not sure if they performed or not, but I didn't even try to make the show.

Living here in Toronto I've seen The White, CODA & just recently JBLZE. Best I can say is JBLZE (obviously) which was pretty cool and good to see Jason playing Zeppelin again. He was awesome at the O2 show and did a great job again at the JBLZE performance.

Just ordered my tickets for Zeppfest 2011 and I'm really looking forward to seeing some of the better U.S. tribute bands when I'm there. Hopefully meet lots of members from this forum too.

Cheers, Matt

Never thought much of Michael White and his band The White. To me, it seems they tried to replicate Led Zeppelin too much, without incorporating their own style into the mix as the JZBLE does. Although, I wouldn't consider the latter a Zeppelin cover band. It's so much different as I'm sure most of you'll agree on this.

Mr. Jimmy is pretty good. They have all the same costumes, instruments, etc. The singer is off though, but musically they are pretty damn good.

I hadn't heard much about GTLO when I went to see them, and I was hoping they would be in costume. But sadly they dont do that...

Are there many other tribute bands that dress the part? I think that just adds so much to the experience.

• 6 months later...

Lez Zeppelin, all girls "Zeppelin" from New York in Mumbai for benefit concert of Mumbai attacks -

Posted on behalf of Madhu Das/Slip Disc..., (I hope this brings joy to your life)

lez.jpg

M: Have the original Led Zeppelin band members been supportive of your take on them?

S: Extremely supportive. They are very happy with us, and have communicated that to us.

...Very Proud and happy for the ladies.........

http://mumbaimirror.com/article/82/2009031520090315023818325708f29d/%E2%80%9CWe-look-more-like-Led-Zep-than-they-themselves-did%E2%80%A6%E2%80%9D.html?pageno=5

I always thought tribute bands were sort of cheesy!

But my mind has changed... i just saw ZOSO tonight @ HOB NOLA... They were very good! I would definitely go see them again!!! Great fun!

Some of them do the bands justice and others existence should become extinct.

Archived