Prince William and Kate Middleton To Marry

kenog

I dare say a good many of you are not interested in anything related to British royalty, but as this has just been announced by Clarence House in London, I thought I'd include it, anyway.

http://uk.news.yahoo...to-dba1618.html

Hi Kenog,

Yes Great News, cant wait for the invite to arrive and just being there, I just hope I'm not booked up for that day, I wouldn't know how to break that sad news to the happy couple. :o

Regards, Danny

Hi Kenog,

Yes Great News, cant wait for the invite to arrive and just being there, I just hope I'm not booked up for that day, I wouldn't know how to break that sad news to the happy couple. :o

Regards, Danny

Hi BIGDAN,

I think they are using you and Misses BIGDAN as the model of a perfect marriage. The two of you are right up there with Antony and Cleopatra, Heathcliff and Cathy, Fred and Wilma Flintstone.........:D

Hi BIGDAN,

I think they are using you and Misses BIGDAN as the model of a perfect marriage. The two of you are right up there with Antony and Cleopatra, Heathcliff and Cathy, Fred and Wilma Flintstone.........:D

Hi Kenog,

You are so kind my friend, Fred and Wilma hey? now there's a couple devoted to each other no? but I have to inform you that due to the fact that "We" drove a Motorcycle and Sidecar Combination (850 Suzuki GT and Sidewinder) we were often called "Olive and Arthur" from "On the Buses" and some people still do call us that. :lol:

OliveandArthur01.jpgOliveandArthur02.jpg

Regards, Danny

I'm doing the catering.

Serioulsy they seem like a nice couple. Charles and Di all over again.

Hi Mangani,

Lets hope not, that Royal Twat ruined what could have been a happy marriage what with all his philandering, Di was seen as a Baby Machine by everyone connected with the Royals including their Staff (I was going to say "Servants" but I didn't want to offend) so lets hope they are marrying for all the right reasons (LOVE and FRIENDSHIP) and not bowing to Royal Pressure.

Regards, Danny

PS, I'll ask next time I see them. ;)

I love that he gave Kate Diana's engagement ring. :P

In the press conference, they look totally relaxed with each other. Unlike Charles did 29 years ago when he and Diana were talking to the press and he mutters that lame-ass statement "Whatever 'in love' means...." :blink: Poor Diana.

Hi Mangani,

Lets hope not, that Royal Twat ruined what could have been a happy marriage what with all his philandering,

True, but (not wishing to start an off topic debate here) Di herself wasn't exactly all sweetness and light. It's not fashionable to criticise her since her tragic death but I don't think Julia Carling was most pleased with Di for wrecking her marriage to Will Carling. ;)

• 5 months later...

I sat in front of the tele today to get caught up on the impending wedding of William and Kate Friday April 29th (11am UK Time).

I was watching the wall to wall coverage on BBC America. I know the many other TV and cable channels will be covering the wedding and the run-up to it, but it was nice to spend a leisurely Sunday afternoon watching about 4 hours worth of video.

So the Prince and his bride to be are already living together. Well, that's pretty representative of how many couples are before tieing the knot.

Here's some fun in speculation on Royal titles, or lack thereof, regarding this marriage (from Wiki):

The footnote numbers are left in.... :)

Title upon marriage

There is only one case of the oldest surviving son of the Prince of Wales marrying before his father succeeded to the throne: the future George V who married Mary of Teck in 1893. He had already been created Duke of York a year earlier, shortly after the death of his older brother brought him directly in line of succession to the throne.

In recent years, several royal princes who did not already have a title were given one upon marriage, including Prince Andrew, who was created Duke of York when he married in 1986.[58] In a break with precedent[59] Prince Edward was created Earl of Wessex; at the same time it was announced that he will be given the title Duke of Edinburgh when that title, currently held by his father, reverts to the Crown.[60][61] According to The Daily Telegraph, it is expected that William will be offered a dukedom on his marriage, allowing his wife to be styled as a duchess.[62][63] In an interview with This is Sussex, Charles Kidd, editor of Debrett's, said that the title most likely to be bestowed on Prince William on the eve of his wedding was Duke of Sussex, although he added that other available dukedoms are Windsor, Clarence, Cambridge, Kendal, Avondale, and Strathearn.[64][65]

In Letters Patent dated 21 August 1996 (shortly after the divorce of the Prince and Princess of Wales) it was acknowledged that "by convention the wife of the son of a sovereign of these Realms the wife of a son of a son of a Sovereign and the wife of the eldest living son of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales is entitled to the style title or attribute of Royal Highness".[66] If William were not given a title then, after the wedding, Middleton would, by convention, be known as Her Royal Highness Princess William of Wales[62] taking her husband's first name on marriage (as with Princess Michael of Kent).[61] If however William is given a title, she would be known as "Her Royal Highness the Duchess [or other rank if appropriate] of N".

In December 2010, it was reported in The Daily Telegraph that William did not wish to receive a dukedom, preferring to remain simply "Prince William" while also wanting Middleton to become "Princess Catherine". It was suggested that this caused a dilemma for the Queen because princesses traditionally receive such titles through birth instead of marriage. If the Queen does break tradition, royal biographer Kenneth Rose believes Princess Michael of Kent would then also ask for a non-traditional title like "Princess Marie-Christine" too.[67]

I thought I was through watching coverage about this tonight, but TLC (The Learning Channel) has several programs going on. This royal coverage for me, is a great diversion from all of the shit going on in the world right now. It's that, or watching the usual "R" rated sex and violence on HBO.... :)

Sorry about this but with everything thats going on over here in rip off Britain i really hope it rains on their wedding day, i mean, What about the have nots who have lost their jobs, houses and all them public services the CONDEMS have destroyed, and no im not a bitter person but all that money! , i mean, how much have they spent on a horse for example....and im not talking about Prince Phillip when i say a horse, its a horse!!! all that tax money for crying out loud, Its ok for you on the other side of the pond but its not ok over here we`re stuck with these scavengers raping our tax money for their own greedy needs, some kids over here are without edumecation, YES! i said edumecation i didn`t spell it wrong, We need to edumecate ourselves nowadays because for the have nots its far too expensive to educate ourselves in uni! I did say sorry at the beginning of this sentence and for some reason i seem to be going on a bit, I think i might suffering from ADHD or something so please dont keep going on about this blooming wedding, I really do hope it rains and she falls in a puddle along with her horse, i dont have anything against horses! I`d like a horse myself but i cant afford one with me paying for TV licences, council Tax and fuel tax, 20 percent income tax! oh yeah i nearly forgot the 22 percent VAT on everything aswell, and i mean EVERYTHING from clothes, food, beer, shoes, milk, cats and dogs, going to the tiolet costs 30p nowadays, i feel a bit better now for moaning on a bit and i seem to have got it my chest, and ive said sorry three times now and i haven`t done anything wrong!!! so im off to listen to some Zepplin :slapface: Zep makes me forget!!! so thank you Led Zepplin

Archived