LED ZEPPELIN ON GLEE

catherine96

111 members have voted

1. 1. Zep on Glee good/bad

• Don't know what Glee is (you're lucky)
    • Don't care
    • Good bringing music to new generation
    • AHH THEY'LL RUIN IT WITH THEIR POP TEEN VOICES
    • Doesn't matter Zep will never agree to it

Excuse me? I don't believe I was talking to you. Besides, I asked Jahfin a simple question, with no rudeness or otherwise improper tone. I didn't think it hurt to ask, since he posts a lot of articles here.

You seem like one of those complaining losers who never shuts up about the littlest rubbish such as font colour, I'm using Mothership and the black is stil easily readable.

So "Glee" huh?

Ya, not a fan.

But my 13 yr old daughter is, recently I saw her choosing some interesting songs off iTunes. I asked her about where she was hearing these songs...Glee! Of course the stuff she gets off the music video games is better.

You seem like one of those complaining losers who never shuts up about the littlest rubbish such as font colour, I'm using Mothership and the black is stil easily readable.

I'm just quoting this because it's utterly hysterical. You don't know me, you've got all of less than 50 posts on this board, yet somehow you've deduced that I'm a "complaining loser" because I asked Jahfin to change the font color when he posts articles? Seriously? That was something you felt like sharing with other people?

Ooookay. :blink:

I'm just quoting this because it's utterly hysterical. You don't know me, you've got all of less than 50 posts on this board, yet somehow you've deduced that I'm a "complaining loser" because I asked Jahfin to change the font color when he posts articles? Seriously? That was something you felt like sharing with other people?

Ooookay. :blink:

I had to make a new account from Nobodys Fault But Jimmys so I used my old one, why should post counts matter? Just because you have around 9000 doesn't mean your superior to me in any way now does it?

Why should he change his font colour just because your being all difficult it's fine to read on Mothership just highlight it if you can't see it, your not above anyone because your post count is the hgh.

• 9 months later...

I'm conflicted, in one way I think it would be a gift to expose young people to Zeppelin, like in 1998 I was 10 years old and that song that Jimmy Page did with Puff Daddy came on, I got obsessed trying to figure out who this guy playing guitar in the video was and I ended up becoming a huge fan of Zeppelin, but on the other hand now that I'm older and my music taste has gotten much better(no more Puff Daddy!)I'm almost embarrassed that Jimmy would do a song with him and it would be even worse if they went on Glee.

I had NO problem with Zep allowing "Rock and Roll" for the Cadillac commercial - Cadellic has been a rock and roll fixture for decades. When rock icons have written songs about Cadillacs, I certainly don't consider then using a song in a single advertisement "selling out". LOVED hearing the "Immigrant Song" in Shrek III - I watched that whole horrible movie just for those 13 seconds! I've heard a couple Zep songs on those talent shows (American Idol, X-Factor) and thought those were ok.

However, I've watched two episodes of "Glee" and fail to "get it". I have no earthly idea why it is so popular! All I see when I watch it is a gayed-up version of Disney's "High School Musical". I would HATE to see an episode featuring a single Zep song...the song would be ruined for me worse than the Page/Puff Daddy collaboration of "Kashmir"!

I honestly don't care either way but I don't find the idea of Zeppelin on Glee worrisome. I wouldn't promote the idea but I can't see how it would hurt anybody if it happened. The band is entrenched in music history and an episode of Glee, decent or not, isn't going to change that.

I first heard of Glee when my son bought "Don't Stop Believing". I hate the original and having to listen to a bunch of "teenagers" sing it was absolute hell. I don't even want to know what they would do to a Zeppelin song. Have Gwyneth Paltrow sing it? I would much rather have a Brazilian wax done on the beach than listen to that!

Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl Rightly Shits On 'Glee'

dave-grohl-parenthood.jpg

This dude speaks his mind

You've got to love Dave Grohl; the dude was in Scream and Nirvana, and Them Crooked Vultures is fucking awesome, no matter what you may think. He also did the ProBot project which featured Lemmy, King Diamond, Tom G. Warrior, Wino from Saint Vitus, and Cronos of Venom. Plus, the Foo Fighters are kind of awesome, if only because its the one band your girl likes that you can actually stand.

Today, The Hollywood Reporter caught up with Dave at SXSW, which I wish I were at. And guess what? He fucking hates that show "Glee" too, and will never let anything he was ever involved with end up on that show, regurgitated by a bunch of people in their 20s pretending they're in their teens.

"It's every band's right, you shouldn't have to do fucking 'Glee.' And then the guy who created 'Glee' is so offended that we're not, like, begging to be on his fucking show … fuck that guy for thinking anybody and everybody should want to do 'Glee,'" Dave told THR. "The 'Glee' guy, what a fucking jerk.

"Slash was the first one," he continues. "[Ryan Murphy] wanted to do Guns 'n' Roses and Slash is like, 'I hate fucking musicals. It's worse than 'Grease.'' Then [Murphy's] like, 'Well, of course he'd say that, he's a washed up ol' rock star, that's what they fucking do.' And then Kings of Leon say, 'No, we don't want to be on your show.' And then he's like, 'Snotty little assholes … ' And it's just like, Dude, maybe not everyone loves 'Glee.' Me included."

Dave Grohl's just risen again in my estimation of him.

• 3 months later...

See if they did do (for some insane reason) Glee, the kids who will put the effort to find that song (assuming they will use the most known songs), it will be songs like Rock and Roll or Whole Lotta Love and then proceed to call themselves fans. Although, some of them might dive deeper in their catalog.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I agree with you. I have only watched "Glee" one time for less than five minutes and it made me nauseous. I do like the fact that the show represents the gay community by having gay characters, but that's about the only positive thing I have to say about it. Pop music is not about talent anymore; it's all about image and who looks the sexiest. If someone looks hot but cannot sing, they will just autotune the hell out of the songs (which sounds horrific) to make it work. I think it is a very bad thing to sell to our children.

Screw Glee and all the other pop garbage rotting kids' brains out these days.

I have VERY strong feelings against modern pop trash.

• 2 months later...

they should not only bring in Led Zeppelin, but also other bands like Rush and Pink Floyd, with the characters singing the songs how they SHOULD be said damnit... oh, by the way RIP Cory Monteith

Jesus. I've heard enough school renditions of "Another Brick In The Wall Part 2." Picture GLEE singing Don't stop believing. Now picture them singing Money. Doesn't quite fit, does it?

they should not only bring in Led Zeppelin, but also other bands like Rush and Pink Floyd, with the characters singing the songs how they SHOULD be said damnit... oh, by the way RIP Cory Monteith

No. Just, no. As the voting option says, they'll ruin them with their poppy voices.

• 8 months later...

Only if they do The Lemon Song.

:lol:

I hope there's never a musical or show choir version of Led Zeppelin's body of work.

I hope they've got a plan for quality control for after Jimmy dies (and may he live many more decades in good health).

Archived