LED ZEPPELIN ON GLEE

catherine96

111 members have voted

1. 1. Zep on Glee good/bad

• Don't know what Glee is (you're lucky)
    • Don't care
    • Good bringing music to new generation
    • AHH THEY'LL RUIN IT WITH THEIR POP TEEN VOICES
    • Doesn't matter Zep will never agree to it

Yes, that's it! :) There was another unrelated one that I loved; it was an aquarium with a bunch of digital fish swimming, with a Moody Blues song playing. I think it was for a camera, or a printer, or something. :unsure:

I know that one too. LOL

It was a Visa commercial and the song was Tuesday Afternoon by the Moody Blues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmL1YyNLRoQ&feature=related

• 2 weeks later...

I hope they don't allow that horrible trendy show to tarnish their music . The remakes always end up more popular than the original . Also i don't understand how a pop ! show with a fan base mostly teenage . Uses rock songs and turns them into pop songs . They should just cover pop songs , thats what the show is anyway .

http://www.gossipcop...-courtney-love/

Looks like Britney is quite popular.

It would be nice if they did a Led Zeppelin show, after all what better way to show teenagers what real music is :)

As for turning their music into pop be open minded, after all maybe some other Artist weren't thrilled about what Zepp did with their work :o

I hope they don't allow that horrible trendy show to tarnish their music . The remakes always end up more popular than the original . Also i don't understand how a pop ! show with a fan base mostly teenage . Uses rock songs and turns them into pop songs . They should just cover pop songs , thats what the show is anyway .

LOL. You think if Glee did a LZ-themed episode it would "tarnish" their music? Stop taking this so seriously. It's a TV show.

I watched Glee for the first time last week and I have to say that as deliberately corny as the show is, I think it would be hilarious to see them do an episode on Zeppelin. Life is about a few laughs as well ...you know :yesnod:

It was CADILLAC.

It wasn't SKODA.

It was actually quite tasteful.

I have no idea what "Skoda" is but either way, a band that has prided themselves for so long on not allowing their songs to be licensed for commercial use (and I'm referring to commercials here, not movies) finally did so. Your mileage may vary but I lost a lot of respect for them that day. However, my respect for Neil (who has stuck to his guns) remains intact. If Neil and R.E.M. can do it, Zeppelin can but they chose not to.

Ok but I guess you thought it was cool for Michael Stipe to crassly use the platform of MTV awards to bring attention to his politically inspired agendas and beliefs by wearing stupid t-shirts?

By the way, who is Neil you were talking about? Not Neil Young? The guy who used music as a platform to berate the white south in some dopey misguided 'statement'? That Neil?

If Neil and R.E.M. can do it, Zeppelin can but they chose not to.

Zeppelin don't follow anyone. They do their own things. Always did. I thought you should know that. B)

I have no problem with Rock and Roll being used to promote an icon like Cadillac (or Rolls Royce or whatnot).

It's not like Rock and Roll was used to sell Coco Pops.

I lost a lot of respect for them that day.

This doesn't surprise me. You often quite like to point out when you think Zeppelin aren't the bee's bollocks. In my opinion if having Rock and Roll used in a Cadillac advert made you lose a 'lot of respect' for Zeppelin then maybe you didn't have a great deal of respect for them in the first place. It's not as if they did it while they were alive and touring. It was over 3 decades after the song came out for cripes sake. Did they re-release Rock and Roll as a single on the back of that advert? No.

Ok but I guess you thought it was cool for Michael Stipe to crassly use the platform of MTV awards to bring attention to his politically inspired agendas and beliefs by wearing stupid t-shirts?

By the way, who is Neil you were talking about? Not Neil Young? The guy who used music as a platform to berate the white south in some dopey misguided 'statement'? That Neil?

Zeppelin don't follow anyone. They do their own things. Always did. I thought you should know that. B)

I have no problem with Rock and Roll being used to promote an icon like Cadillac (or Rolls Royce or whatnot).

It's not like Rock and Roll was used to sell Coco Pops.

This doesn't surprise me. You often quite like to point out when you think Zeppelin aren't the bee's bollocks. In my opinion if having Rock and Roll used in a Cadillac advert made you lose a 'lot of respect' for Zeppelin then maybe you didn't have a great deal of respect for them in the first place. It's not as if they did it while they were alive and touring. It was over 3 decades after the song came out for cripes sake. Did they re-release Rock and Roll as a single on the back of that advert? No.

All of this completely sidesteps the topic I originally mentioned. A band that had never allowed their music to be used in a commercial finally caved and did so. It doesn't matter who the corporation was, the fact is, they did it.

All of this completely sidesteps the topic I originally mentioned. A band that had never allowed their music to be used in a commercial finally caved and did so. It doesn't matter who the corporation was, the fact is, they did it.

I don't think they 'caved in'. I haven't read that Cadillac inundated Zep with bait of oodles of money dangling in front of their eyes again and again and again until they finally cracked. They haven't exactly done anything else since then either. They didn't allow their songs to be used in films either for the most part but they do now. Zep even released Whole Lotta Love as a single in the UK (first ever) in 1997. Times change.

As I said, I don't see what is so bad in allowing Rock and Roll to be used to promote an iconic company like Cadillac compared to some of the tomfoolry the other artists who you were praising have got up to.

As I said, I don't see what is so bad in allowing Rock and Roll to be used to promote an iconic company like Cadillac compared to some of the tomfoolry the other artists who you were praising have got up to.

It doesn't matter if it was Cadillac or not, they allowed them to use their music in a commercial, something they'd never done before.

I don't see any problem with anyone using their music for advertising, after all they own it and as long as it is a worthy product.

This "they've sold out" mentality is a bit hackneyed and outdated.

What I object to is musicians and bands charging outrageous prices for concerts that limit the amount of people who can afford to go.

Don't tell me "it's all the promoters fault" because it isn't, they offer a band a certain amount to tour and the band agrees.

The Stones are notorious for it and while they will play the odd token free gig here and there for the most part they reap hundreds of millions of dollars from the very people who got them where they are and in most cases can least afford it.

For this reason alone I have refused to go to any of their concerts (the last album I bought was It's Only rock ' Roll) whenever they have toured here and that is not likely to change.

When I saw Led Zeppelin in 1972 it cost me $4.00!

It doesn't matter if it was Cadillac or not, they allowed them to use their music in a commercial, something they'd never done before.

Like I said, they also released a single in the U.K (something they'd never done before) and let their music be used in a film (something they'd never done before) and let one of their songs be used on American Idol (something they'd never done before). They aren't a band anymore and times change. If they were still touring, playing and recording I doubt they would have done any of these things.

I don't see Rock and Roll being used to back Cadillac is worse than Immigrant Song being in Shrek The Third.

Like I said, they also released a single in the U.K (something they'd never done before) and let their music be used in a film (something they'd never done before) and let one of their songs be used on American Idol (something they'd never done before). They aren't a band anymore and times change. If they were still touring, playing and recording I doubt they would have done any of these things.

I don't see Rock and Roll being used to back Cadillac is worse than Immigrant Song being in Shrek The Third.

So you are o.k with their Music on Glee?. :lol:

As you say times change, it's not like they need the publicity, they have already made it big time.

Glee is like Spitting Images, it's an Honour to even be considered to be featured on the show.

So all lighten up after all it's not like they are doing a deal with the Devil.:D

As you say times change, it's not like they need the publicity, they have already made it big time.

Glee is like Spitting Images, it's an Honour to even be considered to be featured on the show.

So all lighten up after all it's not like they are doing a deal with the Devil.:D

Jimmy sold his sole many years ago, some people will say "Cobblers" but he really did, seeing Him Miming on top of a London Bus with Leona Lewis, now that's what I call Selling Out. Same as Robert appearing on TOTP doing "Big Log" back in the 80s, that's no way for a "Golden Rock God" to behave is it?

Jimmy had, for many years prior to forming and playing in Led Zeppelin, been an avid Pop Guitarist playing on hundreds of slushy mushy Pop Songs, so what's the difference, Now or Zen?

Its not Like Pissing on the Bible or Wiping your Arse with Pages of the Koran or using the Torah for the bottom of your bird cage is it?

When Boys are young they are Revolutionaries, when they get Old they become More Mellow and part of the Establishment, all except Keith Richards that is who has remained True to His Beliefs. All our Idols may sell out in the end, but as long as WE remain TRUE to them then the Song Will Always Remain The Same, never forget and always live by that sentiment and Both You and They will be TRUE to yourselves forever. ;)

So as Fool says, Lighten Up Guys.

Regards, Danny

I haven't even got a clue what Glee is.

Can't be any worse than X-Factor. Zep allowed Whole Lotta Love to be used on that and get this...........it was on the 'Guilty Pleasures' week. :angry:

I haven't even got a clue what Glee is.

Can't be any worse than X-Factor. Zep allowed Whole Lotta Love to be used on that and get this...........it was on the 'Guilty Pleasures' week. :angry:

Hi Mangani, it's a bit like the old Fame programme from the 80's.

I never watch X factor, the so called Talent on that seem to ruin 90% of the song's they try.:lol:

I don't see any problem with anyone using their music for advertising, after all they own it and as long as it is a worthy product.

What I object to is musicians and bands charging outrageous prices for concerts that limit the amount of people who can afford to go.

Don't tell me "it's all the promoters fault" because it isn't, they offer a band a certain amount to tour and the band agrees.

The Stones are notorious for it and while they will play the odd token free gig here and there for the most part they reap hundreds of millions of dollars from the very people who got them where they are and in most cases can least afford it.

For this reason alone I have refused to go to any of their concerts (the last album I bought was It's Only rock ' Roll) whenever they have toured here and that is not likely to change.

Yes and when my dad saw Pink Floyd at Soldier Field in 1977, it cost him $10. However that was the 70s -- artists can get away with asking for high prices for their tickets because they know they'll sell. The Rolling Stones and other such acts wouldn't charge what they do if they thought no one would spend it.

And if you can't afford to spend $200 on a ticket to a rock concert but you spend it anyway, that's your problem, not the band's. They don't force the people at gunpoint into the arena, they don't threaten to kill someone's mother if they don't pony up the money. I really wanted to see Bruce Springsteen when he came back to NC earlier this year, but I couldn't afford to go, so I didn't. That doesn't mean I should get mad at him for not charging cheaper prices. I get tired of listening to people whine about ticket prices, yet they spend the money anyway. Newsflash: If the prices are too exorbitant and you don't think Artist X should charge that much, don't go. Don't spend the money and then bitch that you spent it. Look at your financial situation and ask yourself you can afford to spare the money. If you can, go and have a good time. If you can't, stay home and wait for a bootleg to appear online or maybe the DVD of the tour.

Yes and when my dad saw Pink Floyd at Soldier Field in 1977, it cost him $10. However that was the 70s -- artists can get away with asking for high prices for their tickets because they know they'll sell. The Rolling Stones and other such acts wouldn't charge what they do if they thought no one would spend it.

And if you can't afford to spend $200 on a ticket to a rock concert but you spend it anyway, that's your problem, not the band's. They don't force the people at gunpoint into the arena, they don't threaten to kill someone's mother if they don't pony up the money. I really wanted to see Bruce Springsteen when he came back to NC earlier this year, but I couldn't afford to go, so I didn't. That doesn't mean I should get mad at him for not charging cheaper prices. I get tired of listening to people whine about ticket prices, yet they spend the money anyway. Newsflash: If the prices are too exorbitant and you don't think Artist X should charge that much, don't go. Don't spend the money and then bitch that you spent it. Look at your financial situation and ask yourself you can afford to spare the money. If you can, go and have a good time. If you can't, stay home and wait for a bootleg to appear online or maybe the DVD of the tour.

Electrophile, Calm down you seem to be quite angry :angry:.

After all it is a thread about LED ZEPPELIN'S music on GLEE, not the price of Concert Tickets.;)

Electrophile, Calm down you seem to be quite angry :angry:.

After all it is a thread about LED ZEPPELIN'S music on GLEE, not the price of Concert Tickets.;)

Maybe you didn't notice, but I was responding to someone who brought up the topic of the price of concert tickets. If you don't think it was a suitable topic for this thread, kindly direct your complaints to Reggie29, since he initiated it, not me. Thanks.

Also, I seemed angry? LOL. I don't know where you got that from. Save your armchair psychoanalysis for someone else, please.

Maybe you didn't notice, but I was responding to someone who brought up the topic of the price of concert tickets. If you don't think it was a suitable topic for this thread, kindly direct your complaints to Reggie29, since he initiated it, not me. Thanks.

Also, I seemed angry? LOL. I don't know where you got that from. Save your armchair psychoanalysis for someone else, please.

Electrophile, Yes you did seem rather angry. YES I did notice that Reggie29, was venting his spleen about Ticket Prices.

As for my Armchair Psychoanalysis :hysterical: anyone who was reading your post would have thought the same. ( maybe you didn't get what you wanted for christmas)

I personally wouldn't mind seeing it happen on Glee, even if only for a good laugh :lol:

:offtopic:

Why not start a topic about Ticket Prices.

Would you mind seeing them on Glee?

Archived