Favorite Seasonal Songs

Jahfin

61QDYBKHTkL.jpg

I have a lot of fond memories of this album from many Christmas mornings past. When my parents passed away a few years ago, I was sure to set this (as well as several other albums from their collection) aside prior to our estate sale.

61QDYBKHTkL.jpg

I have a lot of fond memories of this album from many Christmas mornings past. When my parents passed away a few years ago, I was sure to set this (as well as several other albums from their collection) aside prior to our estate sale.

Funny how that old stuff sticks with us. I get all soapy at Christmas because IMHO, all of those old memories matter.

Funny how that old stuff sticks with us. I get all soapy at Christmas because IMHO, all of those old memories matter.

Thankfully, I also have a ton of them preserved on DVD from old home movies. They stop somewhere in the early to mid-80s when one of my older brothers started filming our Christmas gatherings on his camcorder. Unfortunately, he hasn't transferred any of that stuff to DVD. Hopefully someday he will.

Thankfully, I also have a ton of them preserved on DVD from old home movies. They stop somewhere in the early to mid-80s when one of my older brothers started filming our Christmas gatherings on his camcorder. Unfortunately, he hasn't transferred any of that stuff to DVD. Hopefully someday he will.

Those memories will alway's be there regardless of the camcorder . For me, and I know in the States you don't celebrate Boxing Day, but I'll alway's remember a house full of people coming over and everyone taking a turn at singing a song. Kid's too . Great mem's and a ton of laughs :lol:

• 11 months later...

I'm an R&B, Rock N' Roll kind of girl so, it's really no surprise that I like Mariah Carey.

'Oh Holy Night' is without a doubt, my favorite Christmas song. Plus when Mariah sings it, it's 10 times better for me.

Oh & she was pregnant (with twins) when she sang this. It has even more meaning. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqqFJf6_Ags

And this one! She sings it with her mother. 'O Come All Ye Faithful'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aErdejxqEA

Archived