Would You Buy "How The West Was Won" On Vinyl?

zephead

Would You Buy "How The West Was Won" On Vinyl?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Buy "How The West Was Won" On Vinyl If It Were An Official Release?

It depends on how much you're willing to spend, although that's not saying you have to spend a lot of money for a good system. Technics has always been a great brand, as has Sony. I have a Crosley record player myself, and it suits my needs just fine. I think you can get them at Best Buy, but don't quote me on that.

Thanks Electro.

I went to a Best Buy in Tampa a few months back and they only had 2 turntables in the whole place.

I was there for something else, but I don't think the 2 they had were even name brands like Technics or Pioneer, etc. I think the prices were both around the $450 mark? I might go that high for the right brand and I don't want a belt driven one either. I've got to have the direct drive as I love the ability to ever so slightly adjust speed etc.

I'm not familiar with Crosley turntables, but I'll check them out on the net............. :) missy

• 1 year later...

No because the Audience recording of the LA show is much better on bootleg. It is complete and has that audience feel to it and you get the Plantations to boot. I think my version is A Night at the Heartbreak Hotel. One of my all time favs

Vinyl is so good to listen to. I still have my Led Zeppelin 2 from about 35 years ago. When I was growing up it had a scratch right at the beginning of WLL. Always remembered where scratches are on the records I have.

Reminder AGAIN: MUST GET A DECK. Next month I am seriously looking for a Technics deck maybe an SL 1210 if I can find one under £200

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No because the Audience recording of the LA show is much better on bootleg. It is complete and has that audience feel to it and you get the Plantations to boot. I think my version is A Night at the Heartbreak Hotel. One of my all time favs

Vinyl is so good to listen to. I still have my Led Zeppelin 2 from about 35 years ago. When I was growing up it had a scratch right at the beginning of WLL. Always remembered where scratches are on the records I have.

Reminder AGAIN: MUST GET A DECK. Next month I am seriously looking for a Technics deck maybe an SL 1210 if I can find one under £200

Good choice of deck, I've had my Technics SLD2 for 33 years, I have never (touch wood) had a bit of trouble with it. It cost £95 that was expensive then but it's paid for itself.I use an Ortofon OMPro cartridge and stylus with it. Apparently it's very difficult to get Technics decks now. Good luck anyway.

• 7 months later...

Absolutely and enthusiastically yes. I bought the remastered TSRTS on LP, and it is just phenomenal. I've always had a soft spot for this recording even though I know Page spliced and doctored the hell out of it. But I swear I heard things on the LP that I never heard on the CD (which I played the hell out of). Nothing major, maybe just an echo or a single note I never heard or noticed before, but it gave new life to an album I thought I knew inside out. I have no reason to believe that a HTWWW LP wouldn't be just as exceptional.

• 1 year later...

Archived