Pamela Des Barres Documentary on VH1

kenog

I dare say this documentary has been screened before (although the text says it 'premieres'), but I thought I'd include it for anyone interested in the ladies who are 'with' the band.

On VH1, the series Rock Docs takes a look at "Rock's Greatest Groupies." Pamela Des Barres -- a supergroupie who has, um, "worked" with Mick Jagger, Jimmy Page, and Keith Moon -- travels the country to hear the stories of others who say they are "with the band." The documentary premieres at 8:30pm.

Thanks for the heads up!

Watching it now!

Lots of discussion and photos of Jimmy with Lori and Pamela. No new info or photos.

Seems like they both really loved Jimmy and he broke their hearts.

Pamela and Lori discussed their relationships with Jimmy and Led Zeppelin. They took a tour of The Wiskey and the Hyatt House (Riot House) and discussed what went on there with the band.

Thanks for the heads up!

Watching it now!

Lots of discussion and photos of Jimmy with Lori and Pamela. No new info or photos.

Seems like they both really loved Jimmy and he broke their hearts.

Pamela and Lori discussed their relationships with Jimmy and Led Zeppelin. They took a tour of The Wiskey and the Hyatt House (Riot House) and discussed what went on there with the band.

He broke my heart too Doc, but not as much as Robert has. :boohoo:

Kind Regards, Danny

OMG!

Cassandra Peterson just talked about searching out the Yardbirds at their hotel with her friend. When they found them, Jimmy took her to his room and she said that that was the first time that she had ever seen a penis! LOL

She revealed that she remained a virgin after the incident!

They just had a segment with Michelle Overman who talked about her relationship with Steven Tyler in high school. She also talked about her love affair with Robert.

She and Pamela were shown at a vintage record store sorting through Led Zeppelin albums.

She said that Robert told her that "Going to California" was not "written for her" but that she was one of the influences, that she represented the "whole California thing" that inspired the song. She told Robert after a more recent concert of his in Portland that she really loved him, and supposedly he said that he had loved her, too.

• 3 weeks later...

OMG! Cassandra Peterson just talked about searching out the Yardbirds at their hotel with her friend. When they found them, Jimmy took her to his room and she said that that was the first time that she had ever seen a penis! LOL She revealed that she remained a virgin after the incident!

Is this the same Cassandra Peterson who became Elvira, Mistress of the Dark? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassandra_Peterson

• 4 months later...
the GTO's - The Ghost Chained To The Past, Present, And Future (Shock Treatment)

i see all the people i want to see

i be all the people i want to be

and find all the treasures i want to find

along with the images, they're so unkind

shock treatment, oh let me go-oh

The GTOs were a "groupie group" that consisted of Miss Pamela (Pamela Des Barres), Miss Sparky (Linda Sue Parker), Miss Lucy, Miss Christine (Christine Frka), Miss Sandra (Sandra Leano), Miss Mercy and Miss Cynderella. The group hailed from the area around Los Angeles in the late 1960s, with most of the girls being denizens of the Sunset Strip scene.

Originally known as "The Laurel Canyon Ballet Company", they changed their name to The GTOs on the advice of Frank Zappa, their financial supporter and producer. "GTOs" was an acronym for the full band name "Girls Together Outrageously", but at one time the 'O' could stand for a variety of words, such as 'Openly', 'Only' etc. Performances by the group were sparse, although they created a strong impression at their 1968 performance at the Shrine Auditorium. A mix of theatrics, off-key singing and dance were staples of their act. Their only album, Permanent Damage, was produced in 1969 by Frank Zappa and Lowell George.

Frank Zappa - Producer

Jeff Beck - Guitar

Rod Stewart - Vocals

• 5 months later...

OMG!

Cassandra Peterson just talked about searching out the Yardbirds at their hotel with her friend. When they found them, Jimmy took her to his room and she said that that was the first time that she had ever seen a penis! LOL

She revealed that she remained a virgin after the incident!

Wow, is that even humanly possible????

Archived