Best Zeppelin Book?

zepps_apprentice

...ZA, I read those books that you stated among others, Best Zeppelin Book IMHO is by the Late Author Keith Shadwick: - Zeppelin, Band/Their Music '69-'80 - very exceptional details and insight, without doubt Keith is Missed.

I do have many photographic books, but the one I am waiting for now is from Page Himself, my Collector Edition

It is my opinion that the Copy Page Reserved for himself, #666 likely will be mass produced one day - this will also afford Page the chance to make any corrections/additions which are missed in the Official Auto-Bio currently. IMHO, no other book past or present from anyone, including Page is a"compromise" for the Official Auto-Bio of Page, as Founder of Led Zeppelin - therefore, it must be correct;

.....I hope that it is mass produced one day at affordable cost, so many young people can experience the vision of this Legendary Musician, Money is no object to me in this regard.........

Edited for Typing

I recently got two more Zeppelin books, When Giants Walked The Earth and some sort of a picture book. in your opinion what is the best one written? I've already read Hammer of the Gods and Jimmy Page: An Unauthorized Biography.

If you're going to create a thread in the "Polls" section, it helps if you actually create a Poll.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Just finished re-reading Cole's book "Stairway To Heaven". It was entertaining but I did begin to tire of all the stories of he and Bonham getting drunk and destroying yet another hotel room. Also some of the errors in the book were annoying IE: playing Battle of Evermore live in 1972, or Keith Moon playing on drums the FINAL night of the 6 LA Forum shows in 1977. I want to read more about the band interacting with each other in and outside the studio. More about the music and their relationship with the fans than about who drank the most or how many girls they had on the Starship.

the list of books I`m putting here IMHO are the best once written about Led Zeppelin are:

The Concert File Dave Lewis with Simon Pallett

A Celebration Dave Lewis

The Tight But Loose Files Celebration ii Dave Lewis

On Tour With Led zeppelin (compiled by)Howard Mylett

Archived