TSRTS Alternate Title

pagefan1972

Here's one that goes along with the TSRTS re-release:

Robert Plant did a televised interview at the time of the original TSRTS release.

On what program was the interview shown?

During the interview, what was the alternate title that Robert proposed for TSRTS?

Here's one that goes along with the TSRTS re-release:

Robert Plant did a televised interview at the time of the original TSRTS release.

On what program was the interview shown?

During the interview, what was the alternate title that Robert proposed for TSRTS?

Wasn't the show, The Old Grey Whistle Test and the alternate title being "One Day In July"

Wasn't the show, The Old Grey Whistle Test and the alternate title being "One Day In July"

That's correct. Robert:

"That was it. It was a day in July, really. Because... in fact, we tried to find a title that would signify that it was just that, wasn't it, you know? "A Day in July" might have been a good title. Bit late in the day to change it".

Robert's response comes after the interviewer criticizes the robbery sequence in the film as not fitting in with the rest of the fantasy and concert elements. Robert defends the robbery sequence by saying that it was relevant to that day.

Very good guys! 100 percent correct! There was going to be a title of "Swan Song" also but that went to their record company.

I could go on for lenghts about Swan Song but instead, i will ask a new TSRTS - trivia.

Question:

Before TSRTS, Jimmy was experimenting with multiple overlay guitartracks. He in fact got as far that he made an studio-mixtape - version out of his experiments, only lacking vocals (whether intented or not).

What is this song called by fans? WHY is it called such? (I don't know about this one actually!)

Extra questions: Why did he not put it to the fifth album and what happened to the song afterwards?

I could go on for lenghts about Swan Song but instead, i will ask a new TSRTS - trivia.

Question:

Before TSRTS, Jimmy was experimenting with multiple overlay guitartracks. He in fact got as far that he made an studio-mixtape - version out of his experiments, only lacking vocals (whether intented or not).

What is this song called by fans? WHY is it called such? (I don't know about this one actually!)

Extra questions: Why did he not put it to the fifth album and what happened to the song afterwards?

Achilles last stand maybe? ..I know it's made up of improv sections of various songs he had been messing with for years

just a guess

Question:

I feel like your talking about Jennings Farm Blues (Jennings Farm was the name of Robert's home at the time, right?), because I believe (though I could be wrong), that this was Jimmy's first experiment with his famed "guitar army," but I also know of one session from the 5th album that I believe hasn't surface yet (though, again, I could be wrong) called "Slush," though I know nothing more about it.

Beyond that... no idea.

sorry spatdrastik but

I feel like your talking about Jennings Farm Blues (Jennings Farm was the name of Robert's home at the time, right?), because I believe (though I could be wrong), that this was Jimmy's first experiment with his famed "guitar army," but I also know of one session from the 5th album that I believe hasn't surface yet (though, again, I could be wrong) called "Slush," though I know nothing more about it.

Beyond that... no idea.

ughughgughugh Two topics about this!

Yes, that is correct Nathan. Jenning's Farm Blues is apparently Plant's farm name. Page wasn't satisfied with the results in the end and thus he didn't put it on third album. He later reworked the idea first on TSRTS on HOTH - album and reworked the melody of Jennigs Farm Blues to accoustic Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp.

These all have been answered in the seperate topic here in Trivia, called "Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp."

I don't think i can figure out any more questions out of this song.

Also: Nathan, apparently Slush was the working title of the Rain Song.

Archived