The clips come in!

Wow, it's amazing how great they sound, even with distorted cell phone clips. Their sound is just so heavy and full. Hopefully some good quality clips will be on the way with exception of news coverage. Black Dog and For Your Life are mind blowing.

The "For Your Life" clip is located on the Q107 link earlier in this thread.

Unbelievable, how much they have put into a one-off performance. We'll see. Now read this from today's Chicago Tribune. So much of this stuff being reported, who knows what's legit and what isn't.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainmen...story?track=rss

I agree ^^ I had my doubts too, but after watching those clips, and seeing a clip of Black Dog on Tv this evening I am blown away...

W-0-w. That is all I can really say, I really wish I could've seen this show.

What a community! Thank you all for the pics, videos and the ...! ;)

As depressing as the day was to not be there, this all made it worthwhile.

For me, this will be one of the historic days that I will look back on and remember fondly.

Now to wait for the post show interviews with the boys...

Thanks for the links everyone. :notworthy:

I have to admit that I was very skeptical about this concert. Would Robert's voice hold up? Would Jimmy have the stamina for a two hour set? Would Jason be able to add the power of his dad that was so lacking in the Page/Plant concerts of a few years ago? I had no worries about Jones seeing that he looks to be in incredible shape physically and musically.

I am utterly shocked at how good they sounded, and that is an opinion based solely on the grainy quality of the few videos that have surfaced since the concert ended. They did indeed play many of the songs in a lower key, but it made them sound, as one poster correctly stated "wicked". I am still awestruck by the "For Your Life" clip, and feel like a total jackass for doubting the abitlities of this once in a lifetime band.

Thanks to every one of you who are posting the videos from the concert.

That 'For Your Life' DOES sound amazing, even just that short bit.

You officially rock for that.

That is the best thing to be posted on this site EVER!!!

:o

:rotfl: :hysterical: :hysterical:

That is the best thing to be posted on this site EVER!!!

:o

except the guitar was buried in the mix until 1/2 way through the second song........from what I've read...."if" there is a dvd...there will be some serious editing. Like any Zep show...if you get past the sheer excitement, cracks are found, during playback, Jimmy will be the first in line to nitpick it to death until all there is left is a 3 song montage.

Jameskg at RO put up an outstanding and very honest song by song review. Definitely worth a read!

Too bad there was no STH... I have a feeling that because they didn't play that song, they're not done yet.

But the GTBT solo (...) amazing...

From now on, every time I mention GTBT, I'll put a "..." at the end of my sentence...I advise you to follow...

Who says there was no Stairway...except your username......they played it. Be patient....many people who captured this show in it's entirety still have to travel 1/2 way around the world to get back to their production lairs. ;) In time my friend, in time!

What I can't wait for is months from now...when someone with the knowhow takes the best audio source and makes a complete production out of multi camera angles from all the various video that was shot! I mean, I'll definitely pay for whatever it is Zep may or may not release....but i still want to see/hear what they "actually did " onstage, not just what Page and Co chop,crop, and compress.

Archived