Here's a tough one

Chap

good question!

thanks for giving SAJ something to do!

he seems bored lately :rolleyes:

:whistling:

I think I know the answer. Just wondering if you cats do.

Hey you a Jazzer my man ?? do you play "The head" ?? play "through the changes"....

Spread the word, Daddy-o. Spread the word.

:) sorry about the delay "SAJ" will be in contact as soon as he finds out the answer, think its just a session player in the vid ?? as didn't Jimmy or Jeff play on that track on the record.

:) sorry about the delay "SAJ" will be in contact as soon as he finds out the answer, think its just a session player in the vid ?? as didn't Jimmy or Jeff play on that track on the record.

Plant is dancing around in front of old footage. The guitarist is not actually playing RAM he is just playing in the old footage. Mainly in the first minute.

you do seem to have quite a jones for mister jones

i.....for one......appreciate his great work and wealth of knowledge

plus he's never seemed to be a miserable puke like many other so called "experts" (or "internet zep dweebs" as i call them) on other zep related boards

and i know them all.....................dry.gif

you do seem to have quite a jones for mister jones

i.....for one......appreciate his great work and wealth of knowledge

plus he's never seemed to be a miserable puke like many other so called "experts" (or "internet zep dweebs" as i call them) on other zep related boards

and i know them all.....................dry.gif

.....nice you sticking up for SAJ,that shows a human side to yourself, he knows alot and thats useful, in fact its great that someone will look up for the rest of us, but like everyone else he can't escape having the rise taken out of him, however good his Zeppelin research skills are. Even I have asked him in the past about stuff if I do't know........................so Mr Ron can you take your tongue firmly out from between the butt cheeks.

:rolleyes: Have a nice day

PS we all want to know the answer to the posters question and hopefully someone can tell us the answer, maybe you could do some research and come back and tell us.

THIS IS REAL ROCK 'N'ROLL video newsreel film

This is real Rock 'n' Roll. London.

L/S of dancers performing. M/S couple no 13 Maurice King and Pat Storer of Leicester dancing. Maurice picks Pat up she wraps her legs round him he bends forward so that Pat can touch the floor then throws her off. Several more good shots of couples dancing.

M/S William Oakes and Thelma Johnson balanced in a very precarious position William Swings Thelma back onto her feet and then throws her over his shoulder and they continue dancing. M/S William and Thelma leaping towards camera after being declared the winners and bowing all round C/U Thelma a pan to William. The cup is presented to the couple.

Issue Date: 25/05/1961

Sound: Yes

Time in: 01:37:44:00

Time out: 01:39:12:00

Canister 61/42

Film ID: 1724.25

Sort number: 61/042

Tape: *PM1724*

Copyright: British Pathe

Preview:

http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=42357

The Honeydrippers Rockin' at Midnight Promotional Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc4fIQvr8e0

It goes back and forth between that footage and footage of a Rockabilly band. They are wearing plaid coats. The guitarist plays an Artur Lang Archtop. They appear at .17, .25, .39 etc.

Lang Here:

http://jazzgitarren....r.org/lang.html

My guess is German Rockabilly player, Paul Wuerges. Probably playing "Black Boy Johnny".

I'll see if I can track down the original rockabilly band footage. It may confirm your hunch.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Archived