Led Zeppelin Music In The Movies

I think I remember Cameron Crowe saying that they wanted a song from "side two of Led Zeppelin 4" but the record label would not allow that. So they offered songs from Phyisical Graffiti instead to help boost sales. I may be wrong about this, but I might have heard it in the director's commentary on the Fast Times DVD.

This may be true, however, I think that "Kashmir" was played because Mark Ratner was not too cool and hip and instead of playing "side two of Led Zeppelin IV" like Mike Damon told him to, he ended up playing "Kashmir".

This may be true, however, I think that "Kashmir" was played because Mark Ratner was not too cool and hip and instead of playing "side two of Led Zeppelin IV" like Mike Damon told him to, he ended up playing "Kashmir".

...I agree, I remember watching Fast Times and at that part I laughed cause he had the wrong album on, on his date......

...I agree, I remember watching Fast Times and at that part I laughed cause he had the wrong album on, on his date......

Thanks! It seems that Ratner was always screwing things up and he could not even get this simple thing right.

By the way, after their date, Mark says he cannot believe that someone stole his sisters radio (it was her car he drove them) at such a classy establishment. That would mean that the thief also stole his cassette of Physical Graffiti.

May I strongly recommend director David O. Russell's jarring use of What Is And What Should Never Be in "Silver Linings Playbook," currently in theaters.

A great song in a great movie by a great director.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie-critic-reviews/silver-linings-playbook/

In The Light since 1972.

Trampled Under Foot. My life with Led Zeppelin.

http://petedelorean.tumblr.com/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

The ominous feel of 'When The Levee Breaks' was perfectly matched with the scene in Argo.

I was probably the only person in the theater that laughed with 'Kashmir' came on in Fast Time At Ridgemont High.

Don't know if the correlation was made from 'Lord Of The Rings' trilogy in Rambling On.

• 2 weeks later...

"What is and What Should Never Be" was in a scene from Silver Linings Playbook I remember. "That's the Way" was in "Almost Famous." "Rock and Roll" was in a commercial for "Awkward." "Kashmir" was in some amusement park ad. I can't think of any others on the top of my head.

It is obvious that Adam McKay, Will Ferrell, Richard Linklater, Brad Pitt, Christian Bale, David O' Russell (director of "Silver Linings Playbook), Ben Affleck, George Clooney, Matt Damon, Steven Soderburgh (director of "Oceans Twelve") ... are all big fans of Led Zeppelin. 

• 1 year later...

Archived