I saw 'em live

Mr. Strat

It was in Seattle, right after III was released. Sad to say, it was the worst concert I've ever seen (with the exception of local garage bands). My guess is that it was too long of a drive from the airport to the stage, if you get my drift.

They didn't do a complete song start-to-finish. And I realize that it's tough to make up for a half dozen guitar tracks when you're playing live. During the solo on Heartbreaker, Jimmy's amp screwed up and they had to mess with it, then start over.

During the acoustic set, people weren't paying attention. Robert got pissed and said something to the effect that it was "hard to play music when people were making bird calls and pissin'."

I do have the double DVD set and it's much better than what I saw.

Robert used to have a condo in Ocean Shores...don't know if he still does.

It was in Seattle, right after III was released

Robert used to have a condo in Ocean Shores...don't know if he still does.

LZ III was released Oct 5th 1970. Their first performances in Seattle after the album was release were more than a year and a half later (June 18 & 19 1972). I can tell you they were actually scheduled to perform in Vancouver at the Pacific Coliseum on June 18th but that concert was cancelled on short notice by the Canadien authorities for fear of public misbehavior. Peter Grant made arrangements with the Seattle Center Coliseum to perform there instead as a make-up date for the Vancouver fans and buses were chartered for the trip. One can imagine this turmoil may have affected their performance.

Insofar as Robert owning a condo in Ocean Shores, well I kindly ask you to substantiate that point as I can tell you he's stayed in Seattle area hotels throughout his career.

Not true. There next performance in Seattle was on 1971.08.20.

Unless my archive database is corrupted I show that on August 20th 1971 they checked into the Continental Hyatt House hotel at 8401 Sunset Boulevard 90069 after arriving from Vancouver.

Jimmy spoke briefly with Pamela Des Barres before she glided down the hall to Robert's room.

<_<

Unless my archive database is corrupted I show that on August 20th 1971 they checked into the Continental Hyatt House hotel at 8401 Sunset Boulevard 90069 after arriving from Vancouver.

Jimmy spoke briefly with Pamela Des Barres before she glided down the hall to Robert's room.

<_<

Reputable sources like this website and another site list a show happening in Seattle on this date.

Not true. There next performance in Seattle was on 1971.08.20.

My guess would be that it was in the fall of '71, but I don't remember the exact date. I have some slides that I took at the concert which might be date-stamped. I remember that Jimmy had a beard at the time.

LZ III was released Oct 5th 1970. Their first performances in Seattle after the album was release were more than a year and a half later (June 18 & 19 1972). I can tell you they were actually scheduled to perform in Vancouver at the Pacific Coliseum on June 18th but that concert was cancelled on short notice by the Canadien authorities for fear of public misbehavior. Peter Grant made arrangements with the Seattle Center Coliseum to perform there instead as a make-up date for the Vancouver fans and buses were chartered for the trip. One can imagine this turmoil may have affected their performance.

Insofar as Robert owning a condo in Ocean Shores, well I kindly ask you to substantiate that point as I can tell you he's stayed in Seattle area hotels throughout his career.

I think it was at the Arena.

As for the condo, I have a friend who was out on the beach one day with her car when Robert walked by and admired the car. They talked for a little while, and then he went on his way. She thought he looked familiar and figured it out later. But I have seen a pic of him and his wife from when they stayed at the Tokeland Hotel (I live in Aberdeen, WA).

A few weeks ago I was chatting to a friend of mine, who used to be a drummer with Fleetwood Mac, he told me that he once jammed with John Bonham, and one of his drum sticks broke, John realised this, and, spun one over to the otherside of the room, he talked with him after and had a drink with him, he remembered he was such a nice guy.

I saw the original Led Zeppelin in concert three times:

1) March 11, 1975 - Long Beach Arena

2) June 19, 1977 - San Deigo Sports Arena

3) June 27, 1977 - L.A. Forum

I also saw the reunion with Jason Bonham in NYC in 1988. They weren't really that great, but hopefully they'll be better at the 02.

A few weeks ago I was chatting to a friend of mine, who used to be a drummer with Fleetwood Mac, he told me that he once jammed with John Bonham, and one of his drum sticks broke, John realised this, and, spun one over to the otherside of the room, he talked with him after and had a drink with him, he remembered he was such a nice guy.
So you're mates with Mick Fleetwood are you ?.... I did'nt know that he'd ever left HIS band.

• 2 weeks later...
I think it was at the Arena.

As for the condo, I have a friend who was out on the beach one day with her car when Robert walked by and admired the car. They talked for a little while, and then he went on his way. She thought he looked familiar and figured it out later. But I have seen a pic of him and his wife from when they stayed at the Tokeland Hotel (I live in Aberdeen, WA).

They did play in Seattle Sept 70 Have alway's been curious about Aug 20/71 I was at the Vancouver show on the 19th and as the story goes about 3000 fans from Seattle crashed the doors. Seems a little odd if Zep were to play Seattle the next day. The concert is listed on all the sites but have never heard anything about it. Arena may not have been available as was the case in Vancouver during the Fall 70 tour

Archived