Someone born in 1968, was 27 in 1995

NobodysFaultButJimmys

Thought I was missing something here.

But yes, can't believe I'm 50.

Sometimes I'm still 17 in my head.

Actually, quite often. lulz.

I think the weird part is that '95 was 16 years ago.

Just don't seem like it.

1995 was 16 years ago and doesn't feel that long, but back in 1995, 1979 seemed like a very long time ago.

The older you get, the quicker time flies.

I was 24 in 1995 and turn 40 this year.

I guess I was lucky in a way to be born in 1957, giving me the chance to see Led Zeppelin at the age of twenty. But at 53 I dont feel so lucky now. I am always told I do not look my age and until this past year I really never felt it. I think of the things I did live to see, the birth of the internet, cable and satellite television, oh, and lets not forget the God almighty cell phone and you just look back 100 years and see how fast things have changed in comparison to the world before 1900--ish. How much more change will come in the next decade or two one wonders?

If you could live in any century, not counting the future, which would you chose? Probably the last. Sometimes I wish I had been a teenager in the fifties. I did love their era, the music, cars, etc. Now of course you have I Pods and Playstation and cell phones. But is it really all that much better? People used to talk more. Now people are texting each other in the same damn house when they are twenty feet away from each other. And the email and internet has made things less personal in some ways. Communication has changed for sure. The advantage is you can talk to someone overseas very easily and for no cost. Making a phone call to Europe fifty years ago was a big deal. (from an american perspective).

I have the same sensation, even in 1995 I was a child. I feel like it was only eight years ago, o something like that.

We need measure time, but I think it would be rather not to count our age. We feel older or younger according to our mind, our experience, our body...

I turned 30 in '95 :) That was the year we had 3' of snow in January. I turned 16 in '81.

My sister was born in '68 and apparently I wanted to send her back to the hospital. ;) I don't really have any memories of '68, but I vividly remember watching the moon landing in '69.

1995 was 16 years ago and doesn't feel that long, but back in 1995, 1979 seemed like a very long time ago. The older you get, the quicker time flies.

Very true. It felt like I was in my teens and 20's for ages, but the 30's and [gulp] beyond have whizzed by.

To quote Morrissey, "heaven knows we'll soon be dust" (the first part of that lyric is cheerier: "Give in to lust, give up to lust, heaven knows we'll soon be dust").

• 1 month later...

On Wednesday evening I sat down to watch 'Raiders Of The Lost Ark' (already seen it about half a dozen times,but it was the best thing on TV that night).It was made THIRTY YEARS AGO!!.Time does indeed fly. :D

:o Wow. Wish we could slow it down just a tad!

Archived