Next sounboard release

pujols05

I apologize if this is an open thread elsewhere. I was just curious what the community expects or hopes would be the next soundboard release to see the light of day, assuming there is another one. If there is actually "official" word of what's coming next, please forgive me....and enlighten me!

There are dozens of possibilities, but some tantalizing options stand out: L.A. '77 (or '75 for that matter), early Tour '75 or Tour '77 shows, one or both of the first two Earl's Court shows, a complete '73 European Tour show...

(yes, the topic header should say soundboard, not sounboard)

Bath 1970 would be nice. We could always dream. Like the Holy Grail of SBs if it were to come true!

Ditto!

That would be amazing!

It seems, that maybe 6/23/77 would be a possibility due to the snippet of the Page solo that is out.

I would rather hear something from the early days over another '77 show.

More likely another '75 board tape. I'm not going to speculate as to which one - I'm just grateful that anything new at all pops out of the woodwork these days...

I hear ya. And I thought back in 2001 that my collection of live Zepp was done. I think it has more than doubled since then.

Anything from the early days(1968-1972) would be manna from heaven...especially something from 1970-71.

With all the 1975's that have come out recently, I keep hoping/waiting for the March 12 Long Beach gig to appear...I was there and after listening to the March 11 soundboard I am even more convinced that March 12 was the better of the two...and maybe even the best of all the Southern California shows. A soundboard would be KILLER!

Especially since March 12 is the only show of the 1975 LA/Long Beach run that we don't have a complete Mike Millard tape...only the last two songs exist.

Every soundboard tape that's come along in the last few years has been from '75 or '77. As cool as it would be for something old to show up, from '72 or before, I just don't see it happening. I have nothing to base that on, just seems unlikely based on the sparse number of soundboards from 70-72. Most likely that the next board tape would be another '75 or '77.

I would like an older board tape to be released, say that famous marathon show from Boston 1969. But hey whatever show it turns out to be, it's Zep so it's all good.

That's the Boston Tea Party show from January 23rd, if I'm correct on their first U.S. tour. That's a great one. Possibly the first ever great Led Zeppelin show, when they were really hitting it all together.

Anything from the early days(1968-1972) would be manna from heaven...especially something from 1970-71.

With all the 1975's that have come out recently, I keep hoping/waiting for the March 12 Long Beach gig to appear...I was there and after listening to the March 11 soundboard I am even more convinced that March 12 was the better of the two...and maybe even the best of all the Southern California shows. A soundboard would be KILLER!

Especially since March 12 is the only show of the 1975 LA/Long Beach run that we don't have a complete Mike Millard tape...only the last two songs exist.

The general trend in these releases does seem to be moving towards the second leg of the tour so I'd say a more coveted release such as the 12/3 Long Beach, 20/3 Vancover or 21/3 Seattle is getting more likely.

I suspect whoever is leaking these recordings(whether its EV or someone selling them to them one by one) is deliberately building up towards the better shows knowing it keeps demand going better.

Some kind of Bath recording is always possible aswell given the way other material worked on for the DVD has surfaced.

• 3 months later...

Archived