Earls Court 25/5/'75........

Walesdad

Can any fellow Zeppites help me out?Which is the best release to get of the above show?I've read that both 'When We Were Kings' and 'Conquistador' are excellent but which is the one to get?Any reasons for choosing would be appreciated also.Cheers.

Can any fellow Zeppites help me out?Which is the best release to get of the above show?I've read that both 'When We Were Kings' and 'Conquistador' are excellent but which is the one to get?Any reasons for choosing would be appreciated also.Cheers.

When we Were kings is a goos one, also in the Court of King James.

I've got both & to be honest they sound so similar that there isn't much between them.

If you read the reviews on the likes of Bootledz, then it appears that When We Were Kings contains a series of micro-cuts/repeats.

In that respect if we're talking about silver releases Conquistador is probably the one, but the sound quality of both releases is very good.

• 4 weeks later...

I love 5/25/75 Rain Song. Plants line "now listen, you dont know listen" before the final verses, Plant was so on with improvising lines in 75.

Yes he was. Always loved his banter between songs at Earls Courts. Some of his best ever.

• 2 weeks later...

Visually for the show, I recomend Demand the Unpredicted in the History of Rock Music.

If you want the gap between Tangerine and Going to California, but still have damaged video for Tangerine get Unstoppable Metal Machine.

I recomend getting both and mixing them.

I have "When We Were Kings"... Quite possibly my favorite version of "No Quarter" is from this night.... the piano groove JPJ goes into with Bonzo and Jimmy slowly and gradually spilling in. Fucking perfect. I love the end of "Stairway" too when Robert sings the last line acapella. And you gotta love "Communication Breakdown" :)

Archived