Boston,Ma Boston Garden July 20,1973

DavidZoso

This is a good show despite Robert having a weak voice and him having to try and cool the out of order crowd. As a result they do not perform-Misty Mountain Hop, Since I've been Loving you, or Moby Dick and they do not do any encores.

Setlist:
Rock and Roll
Celebration Day
Black Dog
Over the Hills and Far Away
No Quarter
The Song Remains the Same
The Rain Song
Dazed and Confused
Stairway to Heaven
Heartbreaker
Whole Lotta Love(including Let that Boy Boogie)

No Quarter
lz19730720_02.jpg

The Song Remains the Same

The Rain Song or Stairway to Heaven
730720-02.jpg

Stairway to Heaven
lz19730720_05.jpg

lz19730720_01.jpg

Led Zeppelin's last concert performed in Boston .....

Page and Plant closed out the old Garden and I believe they were the 1st band to play the FleetCenter (now called the TD Garden)

nice pictures.

I think they were scheduled to play there in 1975 but because of the crowd from the '73 show, tickets never went on sale- I might be wrong about the reason.

I think they were scheduled to play there in 1975 but because of the crowd from the '73 show, tickets never went on sale- I might be wrong about the reason.

Fans were lined up outside Boston Garden overnight for tickets to the 75 show. They were allowed inside because it was freezing out, and they trashed the place.

They were banned in Boston as a result ......Pisses me off still.... because it pretty much ruined my chances of ever seeing them.

Led Zeppelin's last concert performed in Boston .....

Page and Plant closed out the old Garden and I believe they were the 1st band to play the FleetCenter (now called the TD Garden)

nice pictures.

Saw that Page/Plant show in Boston and they were ON!

It's not the Rain Song, he doesn't use those high notes in the song or that kind of fingering.

I second the motion that this is not Rain Song. Besides the fingering, the giveaway that this is STH is Jimmy's body language...that is CLASSIC Jimmy laying back into the Stairway solo.

In Rain Song, Jimmy didn't move much except for the middle rocking part and you can definitely tell by the fingering in the photo that he's not playing chords.

It's Stairway for sure.

This is a good show despite Robert having a weak voice and him having to try and cool the out of order crowd. As a result they do not perform-Misty Mountain Hop, Since I've been Loving you, or Moby Dick and they do not do any encores.

Thanks for the photos.

However, I don't think that the songs were dropped due to the crowd. I think they were dropped so that the band didn't risk exhausting Plant by making him perform the standard long set. He had only just been released from the hospital the day before after the Vancouver LSD-poisoning on the 18th, which was a gig where Plant was already complaining of exhaustion as it was.

Thanks for the photos.

However, I don't think that the songs were dropped due to the crowd. I think they were dropped so that the band didn't risk exhausting Plant by making him perform the standard long set. He had only just been released from the hospital the day before after the Vancouver LSD-poisoning on the 18th, which was a gig where Plant was already complaining of exhaustion as it was.

That is a very good possibility-maybe bettelron can shed some light on this as he was the one who taped the show.

• 1 year later...

Archived