Eliizabeth Taylor

Silver Rider

Rest in peace

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Screen legend Elizabeth Taylor dies

Academy Award-winning actress succumbs to heart failure at age 79

today.msnbc.msn.com/id/12517000/ns/today-entertainment/

Elizabeth Taylor, the violet-eyed film goddess whose sultry screen persona, stormy personal life and enduring fame and glamour made her one of the last of the old-fashioned movie stars and a template for the modern celebrity, died Wednesday at age 79.

She was surrounded by her four children when she died of congestive heart failure at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where she had been hospitalized for about six weeks, said publicist Sally Morrison.

"My Mother was an extraordinary woman who lived life to the fullest, with great passion, humor, and love," her son, Michael Wilding, said in a statement.

"We know, quite simply, that the world is a better place for Mom having lived in it. Her legacy will never fade, her spirit will always be with us, and her love will live forever in our hearts."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KCmUPmQeiQ&feature=related

What can one say? We all knew this day was coming, she was such a beauty and to me Cleopatra will always be my first image of her. She was the poster girl before Raquel Welsh and for sure on my top five list of all time. Some of the things she did late in her life I never got, but she should be remembed as she was in the fifties and sixties.

What can one say? We all knew this day was coming, she was such a beauty and to me Cleopatra will always be my first image of her. She was the poster girl before Raquel Welsh and for sure on my top five list of all time. Some of the things she did late in her life I never got, but she should be remembed as she was in the fifties and sixties.

At about 8:35...

What can one say? Above the beauty and glitz, she really was one of the finest female actors the world has ever seen.

This scene from Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolfe is imo, some of the best in film history. I hated Liz so much because this is so real and convincing. How many of us have been in the situation that George Segal and Sandy Dennis have been in?

Archived