Jimmy Page Says...

MrZoSo

If this does come to pass I also hope he sees fit to release new music on vinyl and/or CD. I find it particularly odd that he would go the download route when he was one of the most outspoken opponents of making Zeppelin's music available via iTunes.

If this does come to pass I also hope he sees fit to release new music on vinyl and/or CD. I find it particularly odd that he would go the download route when he was one of the most outspoken opponents of making Zeppelin's music available via iTunes.

True but he was very into the original Internet release of Live at the Greek with the Black Crowes. He has also said in the past how much he hates the whole press junket/media aspect of the whole album release and tour treadmill, even blaming it for Roy Orbison's death. I have an easy time imagining Jimmy relishing the opportunity to release something new without the pain in the ass aspects of releasing a proper album.

As for his opposition to Zeppelin on iTunes, I think he thinks of each Zeppelin album as a complete work of art and didn't like the idea of slicing them up for commerce.

i hope all that jimmy says in these last interviews comes to fruition.

a website and new music would be great, and well overdue, imo.

he certainly does seem to take his time with things, but we must remember that a lot of people don't work after 65, at least not full-time. and he certainly doesn't need the money.

i would say that all these things, new music, website, the 02 dvd are all very important to him, but lets not forget he is a dad, and some of his kids are still quite young, so i would suggest that he may spend a deal of time with them or at least seeing to parental issues.

i am 49, and just going to work each week, household stuff and caring for my 10 yo takes a lot out of me. ( though i realise jimmy doesn't have to deal with a 9 to 5 and housework, lol ) not much time to just sit around. though i think jimmy still looks really fit and healthy. a very young looking 67 yo.

so i guess he can take his time. :)

yea, I think he should take his time, I always love new Jimmy Page stuff, Im glad he dosent do albums just for the sake of doing an album, he seems to have great purpose with the the things he does!!

Not necessarily true. Gillian Welch, who hasn't released an album in 8 years has managed to keep it a secret that she's releasing a new album on June 28th. It would still be a secret had it not been reported on NPR's website in relation to a story about a listening party they conducted for new music. Goes to show that even in the age of the Interwebz that you can still keep such projects under wraps.

While some of what you say may be true, we are talking about Jimmy Page. Not Gillian Welch, whoever that is. I can maybe see how such a release from someone not as well known world-wide as Jimmy Page may be able to keep such things under wraps, but WE are talking about Jimmy Page. How can you compare a possible release from Jimmy Page and Gillian Welch in the same category?

I'm hoping this website will be used as a hub for news about new releases/tour dates. If he is finally seriously thinking about new material then surely in this day & age any artist would need an official website.

First of all, I'm COMPLETELY skeptical about this news.

Also, downloads don't necessarily equate with mp3's. If any of this comes to fruition, the only decent thing to do would be to provide FLAC, lossless files.

It could restore integrity, that's been fleeting as of late.

I just made the leap because he said that the music will come after the website is complete. Who knows what is really going on. I just get the impression he makes statements to pacify his fans and the public, in order to keep his part of the Zeppelin legacy going. If he does have new music, why be so pedestrian about releasing it? Be like a Porsche and f*cking move! But this is Page so who the hell knows!!

I think it is largely wishful extrapolation regarding the phrase "That''ll bring a few surprises to how things normally are". I cannot make sense of that. What would surprise me? I think it could be a safe conjecture that it is NOT new music given that in the next sentence he says, "Once that is done, I'll start working on the new music." So what would those non-musical surprises be? Just that he has not been as idle as we have imagined perhaps? And I'm not having a go--I mean the man has delighted the world with his efforts beyond what any of us should expect out of a man. Good on him! I just wonder what these surprises are. Fancy web graphics? In depth bio stuff? More unreleased photos? previews of coming attractions? I for one hope the website is forward looking and lean on the retrospection. That would be a surprise.

I think it is largely wishful extrapolation regarding the phrase "That''ll bring a few surprises to how things normally are". I cannot make sense of that. What would surprise me? I think it could be a safe conjecture that it is NOT new music given that in the next sentence he says, "Once that is done, I'll start working on the new music." So what would those non-musical surprises be? Just that he has not been as idle as we have imagined perhaps? And I'm not having a go--I mean the man has delighted the world with his efforts beyond what any of us should expect out of a man. Good on him! I just wonder what these surprises are. Fancy web graphics? In depth bio stuff? More unreleased photos? previews of coming attractions? I for one hope the website is forward looking and lean on the retrospection. That would be a surprise.

Maybe the website has a 24/7 webcam in the room where Crowley did his "conjurings" in Boleskine? ;-)

Yes, I know he sold Boleskine, just a joke...

Maybe the website has a 24/7 webcam in the room where Crowley did his "conjurings" in Boleskine? ;-)

Yes, I know he sold Boleskine, just a joke...

It should have a 24/7 webcam streaming Front Row Dave interviewing fans lined up waiting for something - anything - of note to finally come to fruition.

My word, I thought Hendrix fans were whiney...can't you all just sit back and enjoy the sounds, whenever we get them, without the constant nagging and self-hatred? Yeesh.

You're exactly right...I was wrong to nag. I'm so STUPID. I hate myself for doing that.....DOH.

While some of what you say may be true, we are talking about Jimmy Page]. Not Gillian Welch, whoever that is. I can maybe see how such a release from someone not as well known world-wide as Jimmy Page may be able to keep such things under wraps, but WE are talking about Jimmy Page. How can you compare a possible release from Jimmy Page and Gillian Welch in the same category?

Very easily. Remember how Led Zeppelin kept things under a veil of secrecy in the 70s? The same thing applies to Jimmy Page (and any number of other artists) in 2011. Not everything is leaked to the internet.

If you'd like to familiarize yourself with the works of Gillian Welch, go here. She and Plant performed together during the Americana Music Awards at The Ryman Auditorium in Nashville last year but she's well known as a performer in her own right.

To facilitate digital downloads of new music.

Physical CDs aren't selling like they used to.

Last weeks top seller only brought in 50,000 units or so.

Sadly, I think the days of platinum sales are done for most artists/bands, today.

R B)

Archived