Jimmy Page Says...

MrZoSo

Very easily. Remember how Led Zeppelin kept things under a veil of secrecy in the 70s? The same thing applies to Jimmy Page (and any number of other artists) in 2011. Not everything is leaked to the internet.

If you'd like to familiarize yourself with the works of Gillian Welch, go here. She and Plant performed together during the Americana Music Awards at The Ryman Auditorium in Nashville last year but she's well known as a performer in her own right.

It seemed to me from the interveiw, when asked Jimmy was working on his website, That was not the question.,new music was,

Very easily. Remember how Led Zeppelin kept things under a veil of secrecy in the 70s? The same thing applies to Jimmy Page (and any number of other artists) in 2011. Not everything is leaked to the internet.

If you'd like to familiarize yourself with the works of Gillian Welch, go here. She and Plant performed together during the Americana Music Awards at The Ryman Auditorium in Nashville last year but she's well known as a performer in her own right.

jpj20070615b_01.jpg

June 15, 2007 at Bonnaroo with JPJ.

02 nothing, he's been "a bit behind" JPJ & Robert since Page/Plant imploded at the end of 1998!

Absolutely true Steve. Jimmy has tickled us over the years since with comments and off-hand remarks to the music press.

I DO believe that Jimmy is working on SOMETHING but when or if that will be released is anyones guess.

Until then, we wait. Jimmy is the Master - period.

I don't believe he will let us down.

Could anyone really be as covert,and annoyingly purposely vague.And do it with a smile?:)

He has lovely polite manners. When someone asks him a question he'd rather not answer, instead of saying "Oi, feck off" like one of the Gallagher brothers, he smiles his endearing smile and gives a vaguely accomodating answer. I'm working on this skill in my own life, it really comes in handy.

....all hell breaks loose here. It's amazing. It's as though one is held to a different set of standards than the other.

Fair or not, one is on the record as wanting to play with Zep and the other is on the record NOT wanting to play with Zep. Stands to reason that a lot of Zep fans would perceive them differently.

Fair or not, one is on the record as wanting to play with Zep and the other is on the record NOT wanting to play with Zep. Stands to reason that a lot of Zep fans would perceive them differently.

There's a difference between "perceive them differently" and "treat one of them like shit." If it was the other way around, and it was Jimmy who had no interest in playing with Led Zeppelin again, I guaran-damn-tee you no one here would treat him the way some people here have treated Robert Plant. That's a 100% guarantee. You know it, I know it, everyone who reads this thread knows it.

There's a difference between "perceive them differently" and "treat one of them like shit." If it was the other way around, and it was Jimmy who had no interest in playing with Led Zeppelin again, I guaran-damn-tee you no one here would treat him the way some people here have treated Robert Plant. That's a 100% guarantee. You know it, I know it, everyone who reads this thread knows it.

I don't see it like that because I think everyone here is a Zep fan and if you're a Zep fan you're a Plant fan whether you want to admit it or not. I think some people just get frustrated and lash out at him. Plant has mo qualms about putting the kibosh on a more lasting reunion, denying many the chance to see them live. It's not fair, but that won't win him any popularity contests in some quarters.

Back on topic, I look forward to some new music from Jimmy.

I respect Plant. I sense that he wants to look forward, and anything with ZEP just carries a mandate of a certain degree of retrospection. And everything has to be EPIC with that lineup. I feel like Plant has enjoyed smaller rooms and experimenting with more intimate settings. I would love to see Jimmy work on a small stage again. I want to see him experiment.

Post #53 of this thread,

Jimmy sounds like he's taking a few lessons from Robert. <_<

We don't all give Jimmy a freeride. I've begun to believe hoping for new Jimmy Page solo material is about like hoping for new Led Zeppelin material.

The faith is gone, now it's a matter of showing proof.

Has Jimmy Page had such an inconsequential career he has to keep proving himself ?  What does he owe any of you?

I guess some of us don't hear that he's been promising new music. But if he doesn't produce he gets a pass and his promises are ignored by the faithful.

You'll all be lucky to hear another note plucked from the guy.

Precisely.

Again,

Jimmy has promised new music. He should, if not NEED to, prove to HIMSELF that he will do it.

It's not just about the fans wanting the music, but he HIMSELF has said several times music is forthcoming.

The proof IS in the pudding. And there's been none served yet*.

*gotta remain optimistic, right ? :lol:

Maybe he is putting the website together himself. laugh.gif

Just picture him hunched over a computer, pecking on the keyboard, yelling at Ross to bring him more coffee while he is on hell-hold with tech support.computertrash.gif

I am glad he didn't put Zeppelin together in the same manner. At this pace, their first album would have been released in 1988.

FUNNIEST QUOTE I'VE SEEN ON HERE IN A WHILE!!

I guess some of us don't hear that he's been promising new music. But if he doesn't produce he gets a pass and his promises are ignored by the faithful

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been hearing for over 25 years about Jimmy's upcoming projects and his comments about them. People say a lot of things and either they pan out or they don't. There's no sense of indebtedness that Page owes me just cause he commented about his intentions to a reporter. As I said he's been doing that for years. If Page feels inspired to present new music I'd love to hear it. That's his decision as obviously he's no longer contracted to produce any new musical product. But, Page's career may be as final as Led Zeppelin's. Fine. Accept it.

Archived