Chaka Khan: Led Zeppelin Lover

Levee

Chaka Khan: Led Zeppelin Lover Monday, 06 June 2011 23:10 Chaka Khan may be a legacy artist in the industry, but that isn't to say the legendary songstress isn't as busy as ever.

At the top of her list? A duets album, including a Led Zeppelin cover alongside "American Idol" judge and Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler."We literally just clicked," Khan tells Billboard.com of Tyler.

"We were at Elton John's party and we got to talk and we both wanted to sing together. We said, 'Let's do a mutual song, by you know, a neutral band -- a band that we both love,' and we both love Zeppelin."

The "I'm Every Woman" singer will record the duet of a yet-to-be-decided Zeppelin tune with Tyler soon, which she has plans to release on a forthcoming double album of duets.

Yayyy! Yet another reason to love Chaka Khan. She could tear it up on "Trampled Underfoot," probably Zep's funkiest song. I hope they get an exciting guitarist to guest on the track as well. Jimmy plays such scorching stuff on that song, especially towards the end, and it's a bit buried in the mix and because of the effects he used as well. Maybe JP hisself would be willing to play on it: may as well go straight to the source.

• 4 years later...

"What was the first record you ever bought? And where did you buy it?"

Led Zeppelin 1.I bought it in Chicago when I was in the first or second year of high school because I loved it and my friends loved it.I still love and listen to it now.

Chaka Khan.

MOJO Magazine,June 1999.

As far as I am concerned, every musician of astounding caliber, is a Led Zeppelin fan and she should be no exception because of her gender and race.  If John Henry Bonham is considered the Greatest Drummer of All-Time, I am positive that she took that into consideration and would say the "Bonzo" is one of her greatest influences. 

I wonder how many members of Rufus are still around and playing? 'Tell me somthin' good. ' It would be neat to see or at least hear her play with them.

Archived