Neil Young

freshmint

:o:o Hell, there's something I didn't know.....perhaps because Bob's showing his age....who can tell?! :)

Word is, his voice is completely gone. Yep, some people have been saying that for years but apparently even longtime fans can no longer stomach the sound of his voice (or what's left of it).

I haven't seen Bob since he switched over to piano in concert but the three times I saw him before that I could still somewhat understand what he was singing. Sometimes he might be halfway through a song before I picked up on what it was but at least I was able to recognize it.

If that's the case, he shouldn't be going live anymore....only studio recordings for bob from now on!

If Bob can't sing in concert what makes you think he can sing in the studio? Personally, I believe he should continue to make music (onstage and off) for as long as it makes him happy. With The Neverending Tour he appears to be doing just that.

Neil is awesome. :D

I'll say more later.

Time for that more.

Yeah, I really dig Neil. I think he's proven himself as one of the greatest songwriters and greatest musicians of all time.

I have these on my computer

After The Gold Rush

Harvest

On The Beach

Rust Never Sleeps

Live Rust

and I have Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere on cd.

I think that Neil's voice is great, it didn't take that long for me to like it. I also enjoy his guitar style as well. He's one of the best.

Even if Neil were to come to NC on this tour I wouldn't be able to afford it, tix are far too expensive. On the other hand, his current setlists are among the best he's performed in years.

As far as favorite records, I love Rust Never Sleeps. It's not only one of my favorite Neil Young albums but it's one of my favorite live albums of all time as well.

Neil Young is legendary & his music knows no boundaries,

I saw Neil Young & Crazy Horse in Sydney in 2003 when they rocked the Sydney Entertainment Centre.

But what i remember most about Neil was that when i was growing up in the 70's EVERYBODY had to have a copy of Harvest or you just didn't exsist.

Neil's one of the best artist to ever walked this fucking earth...

I love him with a deep, profound passion.

I'm actually reading his bio, Shakey, and after each page, my love for him grows stronger.

Favorite albums:

ALL OF 'EM!!! :beer:

I'm pretty interested in reading that book! Maybe I could ask it for a christmas present... :rolleyes:

Neil Young is my favourite artist of all time. That's why I haven't come into this thread. I just won't shut up about him and I haven't got the time! I'll come in later when I do, but for now I'll just post this video. Live at Massey Hall is one of my favourite albums. His voice is so pure and haunting, and he was road-testing some new songs, like this one. There's also some rare footage of him on his ranch with the man he wrote the song about ...

Neil Young Live at Massey Hall - Old Man

Edited by Cali

Neil Young is my favourite artist of all time. That's why I haven't come into this thread. I just won't shut up about him and I haven't got the time! I'll come in later when I do, but for now I'll just post this video. Live at Massey Hall is one of my favourite albums. His voice is so pure and haunting, and he was road-testing some new songs, like this one. There's also some rare footage of him on his ranch with the man he wrote the song about ...

Neil Young Live at Massey Hall - Old Man

Massey Hall is definitely one of my favorite archival releases of the past year (just as his Fillmore show was in 2006). I can't wait for the entire first volume of archival releases to come out next year (I've got my fingers crossed anyway).

Neil Young is legendary & his music knows no boundaries,

I saw Neil Young & Crazy Horse in Sydney in 2003 when they rocked the Sydney Entertainment Centre.

But what i remember most about Neil was that when i was growing up in the 70's EVERYBODY had to have a copy of Harvest or you just didn't exsist.

I had Harvest (still have the album but no record player). I think this and After the Gold Rush are his best. Also like the one with Cinnamon Girl. (I think its called Everybody knows this is Nowhere). He has such a unique style and voice. Though Southern Man and Heart of Gold are his blocbusters, a few of my favorite are "Only Love can Break YOur Heart", "The Needle and the Damage Done" and "Dont Let it Bring YOu Down".

• 1 month later...

From Billboard:

Young Eschewing CDs For 'Archives' Project

young_neil_02l.gif

Neil Young

Gregg Goldstein, The Hollywood Reporter

Another year, another new twist in the saga of Neil Young's long-in-the-works "Archives" series.

The multi-disc first volume of the project, which has shifted release dates countless times in the past two years, was most recently scheduled to arrive Feb. 19. But Young told Billboard last week that a new technological twist is responsible for the latest delay.

"I know it's in technical production now, but it's only coming out on Blu-ray and DVD," he said during an interview at the Sundance Film Festival, where he and his Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young bandmates unveiled their "Deja Vu" documentary. "There won't be CDs. Technology has caught up to what the concept was in the first place [and] how we're able to actually present it. But there's no doubt it will come out this year."

That's right: no CDs, a format Young has long despised due to its audio limitations. Instead, Young is utilizing DVD capabilities to present an interactive "time line" for the music, allowing users to experience articles and film clips from a song's given era as well as ephemera like lyric sheets.

"Archives" appeared closer than ever to release in October, when Young's new studio album, "Chrome Dreams," was bundled at select retail outlets with a bonus CD with a song from "Live at the Riverboat." That collection, which will appear in "Archives," chronicles a week's worth of concerts taped in Toronto shortly after Buffalo Springfield split.

The package is also expected to include the previously released concert sets "Live at the Fillmore East" and "Live at Massey Hall." The remainder will feature material cut with Young's early Canadian band the Squires, recordings from the period during which he lived in Topanga Canyon, Calif., and scores of previously unreleased studio tracks.

Additional reporting by Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Neil Young's Rough Ride: A Look Back at the Freedom of Speech Tour

The rocker opens up on his new documentary "CSNY Déjà Vu," the presidential election and the future

15981414-15981419-slarge.jpg

ANDY GREENE

When Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young tore into "Let's Impeach the President" in Atlanta in August 2006, they faced an overwhelming chorus of boos and raised middle fingers. The band seemed calm onstage, but today Neil Young says he feared for his safety throughout the entire Freedom of Speech Tour.

"I was a nervous wreck by the end of that thing," he says. "We had to deal with death threats and bomb-sniffing dogs the whole time." The Atlanta concert is a pivotal scene in CSNY Déjà Vu, a documentary chronicling the tour, directed by Bernard Shakey (a.k.a. Young), which premiered at this year's Sundance. Young recently spoke with Rolling Stone about the documentary, the presidential election and his plans for the future.

Read the interview here:

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/182..._of_speech_tour

Neil Young's Rough Ride: A Look Back at the Freedom of Speech Tour

The rocker opens up on his new documentary "CSNY Déjà Vu," the presidential election and the future

[...]

Read the interview here:

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/182..._of_speech_tour

Thanks for posting! My husband and I have been fans of Neil Young since the late sixties. I am behind the curve when it comes to DVD releases; is "CSNY Déjà Vu" available for purchase now?