Video of Bath 1970

I was told that the BBC took the 8mm film and converted it to DVD for use in a documentary but ended up not using for the poor quality. I have not seen any of the film but it is in color and the stills I saw look pretty clear to me so I'm happy. The DVD is being mailed to me from oversea, hopefully it is what I was told it is and I will post it for everyone to enjoy.

22 seconds, but still worth watching...

I'll watch anything that Zeppelin did, but one little question, how does a 22 second clip that was rejected due to

"poor quality" translate into "a DVD of Led Zeppelin at Bath 1970 in color."?

Just wondering?

It was converted to DVD, sorry did not mean to be misleading. not sure the actual length, the man who filmed it only said " yes, I have a few minutes of zeppelin at bath70". We will only know for sure when it gets here.

It was converted to DVD, sorry did not mean to be misleading. not sure the actual length, the man who filmed it only said " yes, I have a few minutes of zeppelin at bath70". We will only know for sure when it gets here.

And you wonder why people are "dicks".

There was nothing wrong with what I said, it is a DVD in color of them playing. I'm sorry if people took it the wrong way, and yes they were being very rude. I'm trying to do something nice for the people on this board. Here is the email I was sent so now you know as much as I do.

Hi, dear Joey!

Yes, I have a couple of minutes of Led Zeppelin from the Bath Festival in 1970, filmed with a Super 8 camera at the time. But quite frankly, the quality is very suboptimal. The BBC copied the whole film for me on DVD when they were gathering footages for a documentation on live music events in the 60s & 70s, but obviously the quality wasn’t good enough, as they didn’t use any of it when broadcasting the documentation early this year.

Well I just got the email saying the video is in the mail, I think it is coming from Germany and I live in Maryland, USA so I'm not sure how long it will take. The video is 2:43 of Led Zeppelin playing and I don't know what else is on there. Can't wait!

I don't think it will be much better quality, but still the site says "the clip has been enhanced to even get it as legible as it is are now", and really is it 2:43, that's great news, glad it's not 22 seconds... and here's three more stills from the film:

zep-jochen-4.jpg

zep-jochen-1.jpg

zep-jochen-2.jpg

This is the best news I've heard ever since I got back from the beach.

Great to be a Zep fan when 3 rarities enter circulation this year!

(Bath film, Seattle 75 SB, and O2 rehearsals)

I'm praying Bath 69 video and audio enter circulation!

This is the best news I've heard ever since I got back from the beach.

Great to be a Zep fan when 3 rarities enter circulation this year!

(Bath film, Seattle 75 SB, and O2 rehearsals)

I'm praying Bath 69 video and audio enter circulation!

Haha, yea, definitely agreeable, can't wait to see Bath 69' vid, looks pretty close to the stage also...

Ledzepfilm, I see you live in virginia, what beach did you go to, I live in Ocean city MD and play guitar in a led zeppelin tribute band here and in the area. Also, where can we see the 02 rehearsals?

I go to LBI in Jersey (My dad went to the beach here when he was a kid so basically we go every year)

Go to the thread "02 rehearsals leaked" in the 02 thread.

I play drums in a band called "Canadia". My drums closely resemble that Bonham sound without having the correct sizes!

www.youtube.com/user/canadiarockmusic

Back on topic; How did you get in touch with Jochen, the filmer of the footage?

well to be honest, i just emailed him, not expecting a response let alone him actually sending it to me. the drummer in my band has the same kit (one of only one hundred made) ludwig vintage series vistalites that jason bonham had made for the 02 show, it is like fucking thunder! he has the signed led zeppelin 1 front drum head but keeps that at home. here is a picture of our stage set.

post-16167-0-42804000-1310781275_thumb.j

Pretty nice man! I have a vintage luddy from around 94. 22/12/14/16, 5x14 snare, Zildjian cymbals but one Paiste 20" Giant Beat. I also added some 6 and 8" toms from the late 70's, they sound like a great big pop.

Back to the topic: I'm happy for you that you actually got a response!

Archived