sam_webmaster

• Administrators

jpcom.jpg

PRESS RELEASE

July 14, 2011

'ON THIS DAY', JIMMY PAGE LAUNCHES OFFICIAL WEBSITE

"I think this is the ideal vehicle to present my past, present and future work"

-Jimmy Page, July 2011.

Thursday, July 14th 2011 marks the much-anticipated launch of JimmyPage.com, the first official website of Led Zeppelin's legendary guitarist and founder, Jimmy Page.

Conceptualised and curated by Jimmy Page himself, one of the site's biggest highlights is 'On This Day', a daily diary featuring events spanning the entirety of his immense career, from the 1960's to the present day. This multimedia feast includes video footage, images and audio clips as well as unseen photos and previously unreleased tracks, demos and home recordings.

Each entry is accompanied by a personal anecdote of Jimmy's and will be available for just 24 hours. There will be no archiving; if you miss it, it's gone!

Forthcoming features in the near future include an overview of Jimmy Page's vast back catalogue, including personal critiques by the man himself, and an online shop retailing collectable and limited edition items such as high-­-quality fine art prints signed by both Jimmy and the photographer, plus some exciting and exclusive musical releases.

Talking about this exciting new project, and his first foray into the digital world, Jimmy said: "I've had the domain name for a number of years. I've just been sitting on it and a number of people had made approaches about setting something up and it got to a point that it felt it was the right time to put the website together."

JimmyPage.com is built using the Drupal open source platform and is optimised for modern browsers for a richer, quicker user experience. It has been produced and designed by Jimmy Page and ie:music, developed by Deeson Group and hosted by Acquia.

==

jpcom.jpg

PRESS RELEASE

July 14, 2011

'ON THIS DAY', JIMMY PAGE LAUNCHES OFFICIAL WEBSITE

"I think this is the ideal vehicle to present my past, present and future work"

-Jimmy Page, July 2011.

Thursday, July 14th 2011 marks the much-anticipated launch of JimmyPage.com, the first official website of Led Zeppelin's legendary guitarist and founder, Jimmy Page.

Conceptualised and curated by Jimmy Page himself, one of the site's biggest highlights is 'On This Day', a daily diary featuring events spanning the entirety of his immense career, from the 1960's to the present day. This multimedia feast includes video footage, images and audio clips as well as unseen photos and previously unreleased tracks, demos and home recordings.

Each entry is accompanied by a personal anecdote of Jimmy's and will be available for just 24 hours. There will be no archiving; if you miss it, it's gone!

Forthcoming features in the near future include an overview of Jimmy Page's vast back catalogue, including personal critiques by the man himself, and an online shop retailing collectable and limited edition items such as high-­-quality fine art prints signed by both Jimmy and the photographer, plus some exciting and exclusive musical releases.

Talking about this exciting new project, and his first foray into the digital world, Jimmy said: "I've had the domain name for a number of years. I've just been sitting on it and a number of people had made approaches about setting something up and it got to a point that it felt it was the right time to put the website together."

JimmyPage.com is built using the Drupal open source platform and is optimised for modern browsers for a richer, quicker user experience. It has been produced and designed by Jimmy Page and ie:music, developed by Deeson Group and hosted by Acquia.

==

Sam its not up in Florida yet. Dang this is a bummer! :slapface:

Site was moving along pretty well at first but has slowed considerably due to user log-ins I assuming.

So far Jimmy's site seems very well put-together. Hopefully speed will increase after a day or two

of membership issues.

444 *)

NICE!!!!...I just had time to register, add my "I was there" concerts....some...then it got reeeeally slow.

No doubt all of us tasting it may have slowed it down.

Sam...If you had a hand in this congrats! Looks very nice, well put together. :thanku:

It's lovely.. I accessed the site around 7:12-7:15 AM and then got locked out for about 5 minutes, freaked out and almost cried, and then was able to finally get back in. After hearing those damn couple of notes on a loop for the past 12 hours, you'd think the song on the homepage would make me sick... but nah. :P Love the design and the layout.. the "On This Day" section is going to be mind-blowingly cool, I can tell already. Can't wait to see what lies ahead! The sleep deprivation was SO worth it.

Archived