JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

SAJ,

It makes me wonder if Jimmy is reading the site himself after each day goes live, because he would surely notice that other artists' names have been misspelt.

I'm guessing that was intentional on your part. :D

I'm guessing that was intentional on your part. :D

SuperDave,

Here is an explanation from www.urbandictionary.com. (The way I spelt the word is British English.)

"misspelt [url=http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=misspelt#]Yet another example of a 'strong verb' past form. It is the past tense and past participle of misspell. Apart from dialectal preferences, it is equal in meaning to the form misspell in all ways.

British English shows a preference for retaining strong verb forms (burnt, learnt, spelt, dreamt, spoilt etc). American English shows a preference for ignora... I'm mean simplification (burned, learned etc). "

SAJ,

Have you been able to establish at all why there are so many factual mistakes on JP's site? If Jimmy is handing over the tapes and photos to a third party to upload, you would think that JP would be giving the accurate date, whether that information is submitted on paper or on tape. It makes me wonder if Jimmy is reading the site himself after each day goes live, because he would surely notice that other artists' names have been misspelt.

BTW, I've never known you have to use that particular emoticon before!!!

Most of the mistakes stem from careless transcription errors coupled with less than novice-level knowledge of the people, places and events Jimmy is attempting to present.

I haven't used that particular emoticon before but it does convey the new level of exasperation I've reached with On This Day.

I thought it was interesting that Jimmy was booked to play harmonica instead of guitar or even bass.

That is interesting. He does play a harmonica, if you would remember in the "Pride and Joy" video, thought I just noticed Steve put the video above.

Thanks, Steve. '72 makes more sense. I also love his composition in the those pictures, Magenta.

Seldom showcased, he can play quite well as presented from 1:46-2:36 below:

Thanks Steve- I never saw the video for that before. I have the Coverdale/Page cd & am familiar w/ the song but I guess I never read the album credits. Usually I just assume that the singer is always the one playing the harmonica.

SuperDave,

Here is an explanation from www.urbandictionary.com. (The way I spelt the word is British English.)

"misspelt [url=http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=misspelt#]Yet another example of a 'strong verb' past form. It is the past tense and past participle of misspell. Apart from dialectal preferences, it is equal in meaning to the form misspell in all ways.

British English shows a preference for retaining strong verb forms (burnt, learnt, spelt, dreamt, spoilt etc). American English shows a preference for ignora... I'm mean simplification (burned, learned etc). "

Thanks Kenog. Lot of differences with British and American English. My favorite one is knocked up. In England it means to be woken up, while in America it refers to a woman who gets impregnated that wasn't planned. :o

Seldom showcased, he can play quite well as presented from 1:46-2:36 below:

I remember reading an interview discussing this song and his harmonica solo. He was saying he had not played the harmonica since the 60s and he was seeing stars after he was done...

I was wondering the same.

....at least some information related, as to what time the sound check happened:

Giants Stadium

When: Friday, October 8 at 11:30 am EDT.

What: Brief press conference, sound check and possible walk through.

Who: Don Mischer, NetAid Producer; Carlos Dominguez, Vice President

Source Link:

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-56006080.html

Details/Background article on Net-Aid by Total Productions Nov. 1999::

TOM-TOM CLUB

Heading the cast for the visual aspects of theWembley show were two men collectively known backstage as The Tom-Tom Club - namely, Set Designer Tom McPhillips and Lighting Designer Tom Kenny, whose backgrounds complement each other perfectly. Whilst Kenny has earned maximum respect for his work with the likes of Eric Clapton, Page & Plant

Source Link:

http://www.meyersound.com/news/press/totprod_netaid_1299.htm

I remember reading an interview discussing this song and his harmonica solo. He was saying he had not played the harmonica since the 60s and he was seeing stars after he was done...

I love that. Thanks for that. :D

^ :lol:

The actual date of the video is June 19th, 1969 for a French TV show called "Tous En Scene" for those who didn't know. The full video, with Dazed and Confused, silly skits for the show, and rehearsal footage (footage with Bonham in an orange shirt, used to fill some skit footage in Dazed). Wow, Jimmy. You added this video with the CORRECT date on your OWN dvd, and get it wrong now? Embarrassing.

Professional radio audio does exist of the 10/10 show on bootleg. Really good quality.

This entire site is just plain lame and quite the disappointment. I can't imagine Jimmy being personally involved and if he is....well, I know he's "checked out."

Lighten up. It's entertainment. It's not Jimmypedia...

Are you the kind who wishes Bonzo's hi-hat would not squeak either?

Archived