JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

I always felt Anger was a nut job. I deal with people like him every day in my profession. I always find it ironic that he can mend the rift with a convicted killer and Manson follower who though his actions could have landed Anger in prison for a very long time. However, Page is the dick of the century to Anger for what? Sounds like Jimmy went out of his way for the asshole to me. No one ever let me live in their home for free or use their shit to help me out, nor would I ever expect it from anyone. If and when they told me to leave I would and be happy for the time I had. To be honest, this is what it sounds like what happened on both fronts. I do believe Anger did not like what Jimmy produced for the movie (slight #1); I also believe Jimmy allowed Anger to use his home and equipment under a predetermined time frame which Anger could not live up to (slight# 2); Anger is physically attracted to Jimmy and believes he can "woo him" into a homosexual relationship, this is rejected and Jimmy leaves his home (slight # 3); Jimmy finally has enough of this free-loading freak and has Anger kicked out of his home (final slight). The reason Anger reconnected with Dr. Death (Bousoliel) was because he was / is attracted to him and Cupid is bi-sexual. Boulsoliel was / is a master manipulator taught by the best, Manson. As a result he knows how to keep Anger on the line and give him just enough to stay interested.

The fact is Jimmy did the right thing at the right time concerning this parasitic dope, as a result Anger reacted like a jilted lover making excuses. Anger is a sad, hollow little shadow of a soul...him and Bousoliel deserve each other.

However, I was not there and therefore my rant is simply full of shit. Either way it was fun :poke:

Compare 18:26-19:10 from Anger's film above with 5:18-07:10 from Page's onstage ritual below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOkKFf7mbUA

The similarity is quite amazing Steve. I suppose, this is where Jimmy got the idea for the laser pyramid, which he incorporated back in 1977 for the Zep shows. The Lucifer Rising music I think was done back in 1976.

Really who said he was trying to distance himself fro the occult. Remeber the term is being used in the Latin context not Christian;

In Latin, from which the English word is derived, Lucifer (as a noun) means "light-bearer" (from the words lucem ferre). It was the name given to the dawn appearance of the planet Venus, which heralds daylight. For this meaning, English generally uses the names "Morning Star" or "Day Star", and rarely "Lucifer".

For a guy who's been trying hard to distance himself from the occult, he's doing a bad job lately...

Agreed.

A true student of the occult does not run out so easily. I remember an interview in a magazine, 2008 a think, where he still talked about the occult in concepts of magick/Thelema. The hermetic philosophy is all about Life. His London home, Tower House, was a freemason's design.

A true student of the occult does not run out so easily. I remember an interview in a magazine, 2008 a think, where he still talked about the occult in concepts of magick/Thelema. The hermetic philosophy is all about Life. His London home, Tower House, was a freemason's design.

I remember that interview well. When asked about the sigils Jimmy told the interviewer that he was "living it" (hermeticism, etc.) at the time but he also said something about it being pointless to try to explain or elaborate on it because people had a tendency to misconstrue and misunderstand it.

Compare 18:26-19:10 from Anger's film above with 5:18-07:10 from Page's onstage ritual below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOkKFf7mbUA

The similarity is quite amazing Steve. I suppose, this is where Jimmy got the idea for the laser pyramid, which he incorporated back in 1977 for the Zep shows. The Lucifer Rising music I think was done back in 1976.

The band began to use simple lasers (which were new to concerts at the time) at some of their shows in 1975. They weren't the more sophisticated laser pyramids that came later but were laser and light beams. To give Jimmy the benefit of the doubt, it may have been his idea to combine the lasers with his bow movements within a pyramid but the technology available at the time made it impossible.

It seems JP's website update schedule is completely out of whack.

Once again, as it has been over the last week or so more often. As an optimist, perhaps they're working on something much larger. We did get the "Lucifer's Rising" photo a couple of days ago. Perhaps, it has something to do with this and JP's online store?

I remember that interview well. When asked about the sigils Jimmy told the interviewer that he was "living it" (hermeticism, etc.) at the time but he also said something about it being pointless to try to explain or elaborate on it because people had a tendency to misconstrue and misunderstand it.

Exactly. I think that's one of the reasons why he has maintained an aura of secrecy about their interest in the occult. Mysticism is a very complex thing, and Page is a cautious guy.

To give Jimmy the benefit of the doubt, it may have been his idea to combine the lasers with his bow movements within a pyramid but the technology available at the time made it impossible.

While we cannot know for certain if Page appropriated Anger's concept or vice versa, it's clear Page expounded upon the basic concept in anticipation of the band's 1979 Knebworth Festival performances as this laser cue sheet in his own handwriting attests:

1979LaserCueSheet.jpg

I am only confused as wasn't he on his tour still at this time?

I am aware the way the British and Europeans write their dates, but March would make more since. He was on tour in the US in September and Outrider was out.

Correct! Sterling Sound is in New York, hence 3-11-88 = March 11, 1988. I know for a fact I bought this CD before the tour, not after. Oh well, kind of funny actually :hysterical:

OK, it makes sense now. The person who wrote the date (engineer?) used the American style, but Jimmy was obviously reading it in the European style when he chose it for This Day. An honest mistake!

While we cannot know for certain if Page appropriated Anger's concept or vice versa, it's clear Page expounded upon the basic concept in anticipation of the band's 1979 Knebworth Festival performances as this laser cue sheet in his own handwriting attests:

1979LaserCueSheet.jpg

Fascinating to follow Jimmy's thought/creative process here. I wonder if the results were as he envisioned them when he wrote this out. Did the Showco team who worked with LZ on their U.S. shows do the lighting and lasers at Knebworth?

Archived