JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

http://BurmaJP-1.jpg

...Such Beautiful Memory posted by Jimmy today - His words so humble, full of charm, beauty and Grace always, and always.........

His Collection is stunning to say the least, I wish to see Jimmy actually in these photos (together with a scarf flying ;) ;) )

His journeys are truly so amazing, his passion to see the people, the world, truly an expression of Gifted Artist...

..this photo I posted reminds me of India a lot, the bricks, the greenery, the Sunset, travelling by Train...haunting...

I'll give Aen27 a day off, considering it was on time for once!post-15438-0-25914500-1327363293.png

You didn't get it all.... :) You missed all of Jimmy's pictures and visa

12412jp7.jpg

12412jp8.jpg

12412visa.jpg

...Such Beautiful Memory posted by Jimmy today - His words so humble, full of charm, beauty and Grace always, and always.........

His Collection is stunning to say the least, I wish to see Jimmy actually in these photos (together with a scarf flying ;) ;) )

His journeys are truly so amazing, his passion to see the people, the world, truly an expression of Gifted Artist...

..this photo I posted reminds me of India a lot, the bricks, the greenery, the Sunset, travelling by Train...haunting...

What a beautiful OTD! I have to admit I envy Jimmy his trip to Burma. Very much so. His photos and description are, as always, enchanting! I wish I could see a photo of Jimmy in that remarkable setting too. I'm very moved by Jimmy's statement that it has always been an ambition of his to visit Burma.

I've wanted to visit Burma since I was a child and saw the photos and heard the stories my father told about his time there and in Assam during WWII. Although my husband and I have visited and lived in the countries surrounding it, Burma has remained elusive to us. I want to visit Bagan and I want to visit the passes and valleys my father flew over and walk the roads/highways that he helped build.

For me, this was a magnificent and inspiring OTD.

What a beautiful OTD! I have to admit I envy Jimmy his trip to Burma. Very much so. His photos and description are, as always, enchanting! I wish I could see a photo of Jimmy in that remarkable setting too. I'm very moved by Jimmy's statement that it has always been an ambition of his to visit Burma.

I've wanted to visit Burma since I was a child and saw the photos and heard the stories my father told about his time there and in Assam during WWII. Although my husband and I have visited and lived in the countries surrounding it, Burma has remained elusive to us. I want to visit Bagan and I want to visit the passes and valleys my father flew over and walk the roads/highways that he helped build.

....MSG, I find your journeys incredibly fascinating as always...I hope you will get to see this magnificent Country....our elders have so much in common, that being in the Army, and Buidling -Engineers .... I totally understand your feelings to visit the places once your elders were connected to - I have seen many photographs of my father and Grandfather from his legacy with British Army/my father with Engineering District...all of the bridges built in those days, still stand today...The British in India had a certain "Aristocratic Standard"....unmatched today...The Quality incomparable to modern tech..

...and don't you just love the way Jimmy inspires you to see the world?...

background image from "www.Jimmypage.Com" 24 Jan. 2012

http://BurmaJP2.jpg

Somehow I missed this the first time through. It's beautiful.

....MSG, I find your journeys incredibly fascinating as always...I hope you will get to see this magnificent Country....our elders have so much in common, that being in the Army, and Buidling -Engineers .... I totally understand your feelings to visit the places once your elders were connected to - I have seen many photographs of my father and Grandfather from his legacy with British Army/my father with Engineering District...all of the bridges built in those days, still stand today...The British in India had a certain "Aristocratic Standard"....unmatched today...The Quality incomparable to modern tech..

...and don't you just love the way Jimmy inspires you to see the world?...

Thank you, PlanetPage! My father loved India so very much. How interesting about your father and grandfather! You understand that feeling, then, of wanting to go where they had been, where they had worked, and to see some of the things that they helped construct. The old bridges in India were wonderful feats of engineering. The quality of the infrastructure, including the train system constructed during those years, is still unmatched to this day.

I do love the way that Jimmy continues to inspire me to see more of this world.

I just wanted to tell you aen27 'thank you so much' for your wonderful works from Jimmy's official website on here almost everyday.And thank you for lovely and considerate comments,PlanetPage and MSG!I really think you are the REAL fans of Jimmy Page and whenever I read your posts I feel so happy. ^_^

I have the quite same idea as you,PP. :D

I can see his scarf flying too, I can assure you! :D

Me too. I also love India and he makes all these places sound so wonderful and his pictures are inspiring!!! I am honared he is sharing them!!

I just wanted to tell you aen27 'thank you so much' for your wonderful works from Jimmy's official website on here almost everyday.And thank you for lovely and considerate comments,PlanetPage and MSG!I really think you are the REAL fans of Jimmy Page and whenever I read your posts I feel so happy. ^_^

I have the quite same idea as you,PP. :D

It is my honor to do it. He makes me so very happy, as you know, Alice75.

...Thanks for your wonderful and warm comments, AEN27, Alice75 and MSG.....I love the way all of the fans come here and celebrate the Gifted Musician, each in their own ways...

...I love the commentary again expressed by Jimmy today while touring Argentina'96....

Market Square Arena, Indianapolis, - This day January 25, 1975 is historic - Famed Photographer Neil Preston would photograph Led Zeppelin this day, the iconic shots backtage/on stage....I am sure every fan loves those classic shots, Led Zeppelin and the era captured by Neil Preston is heartbreakingly beautiful...all the smiles, the gathering at backstage...

Here is review from Timeline/LZ.Com

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/show/january-25-1975

...audio w/thanks to Conneyfogle - How Many More Times, Market Square, January 25, 1975

One of the Memorable shots...What a time it was....

http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu141/planetPage_bucket/JBonhamMarketS.jpg]http://JBonhamMarketS.jpg

I enjoy OTH today. The Argentina gig was amazing. SIBLY is a killer version.

I'm from Argentina and even today I still cursing myself for not attend that concert (i had not discovered Led Zeppelin yet). I friend of mine -not a Zeppelin fan like me- told me that was the best concert he attended. To redeem myself, i have the bootleg copy of both, audio an video. The video was professionally filmed... God exists :rolleyes:

Robert Plant played here in january 1994 and Page & Plant played in a FM radio station in november 1994 for promotional purposes. As a surprise, Jimmy played with Aerosmith the night before.

Alfredo Rosso, an Argentine journalist, told us that the Page & Plant press conference in Buenos Aires was not being very enthusiastic, until he told Page that he was a very big fan of The Incredible String Band too (you know, like Jimmy). I know that's true because i had read his writings and listened his radio show, where he played Incredible String Band many times. In that point, Page was brightened and replied with a smile: "Any fan of The Incredible String Band is my friend."

Peace

I agree. I am so impressed by them all. They are all wonderful! :D

...This is so sweet of him, to share his personal collection with the fans, I feel so priviliged, he is truly wonderful....

...AEN27, I know you enjoyed these photos so far from this region;

here is a little video I found that links a trip from North East India/Burma Border by Road...and Calcutta not too far away from all of this...

...This is so sweet of him, to share his personal collection with the fans, I feel so priviliged, he is truly wonderful....

here is a little video I found that links a trip from North East India/Burma Border by Road...and Calcutta not too far away from all of this...

Thank you for this video PlanetPage.

PlanetPage and FireOpal, I also feel so privelaged that he is sharing his personal photos with us. :D

Thank you for your gracious comment, Alice!

I can see his scarf flying too, I can assure you! :D

Me too. I also love India and he makes all these places sound so wonderful and his pictures are inspiring!!! I am honared he is sharing them!!

It is my honor to do it. He makes me so very happy, as you know, Alice75.

I feel the same way, aen - very honored that Jimmy has chosen to share these private photos and his thoughts with his fans.

...Thanks for your wonderful and warm comments, AEN27, Alice75 and MSG.....I love the way all of the fans come here and celebrate the Gifted Musician, each in their own ways...

Market Square Arena, Indianapolis, - This day January 25, 1975 is historic - Famed Photographer Neil Preston would photograph Led Zeppelin this day, the iconic shots backtage/on stage....I am sure every fan loves those classic shots, Led Zeppelin and the era captured by Neil Preston is heartbreakingly beautiful...all the smiles, the gathering at backstage...

Here is review from Timeline/LZ.Com

http://www.ledzeppel...january-25-1975

...audio w/thanks to Conneyfogle - How Many More Times, Market Square, January 25, 1975

One of the Memorable shots...What a time it was....

http://JBonhamMarketS.jpg

You're welcome, PlanetPage...my pleasure. Thank you for adding Neal Preston's beautiful, iconic photos from the 1975 U.S. tour (and a video of the band's show for January 25, 1975). Jimmy was magnificent during those 1975 shows, the entire band was. The anniversary of Jimmy's 1975 meeting with the brilliant and consistently fascinating William Burroughs is coming up within the next two weeks (their meeting coincided with the band's concerts at MSG) and I am curious to know if Jimmy will acknowledge it on his OTD.

01/26/2012

012612.jpg

012612jp6.jpg

I also feel honored that Jimmy is sharing his wonderful photos with us - it is a privilege to see them. Somehow I am not surprised at all to see how good they are - he is an artist in every sense of the word. I also find it interesting to read what he has to say about his trips and to see the images that he has selected to share. I would love to see Jimmy put together another book - this time with photos (travel or otherwise) that he has taken himself and annotate each one.

PlanetPage, that is a wonderful video - thank you! So close, yet so far...when we lived in India we traveled through Calcutta and then flew to Guwahati but never crossed into Burma....someday we will.

Thank you for your gracious comment, Alice!

I feel the same way, aen - very honored that Jimmy has chosen to share these private photos and his thoughts with his fans.

You're welcome, PlanetPage...my pleasure. Thank you for adding Neal Preston's beautiful, iconic photos from the 1975 U.S. tour (and a video of the band's show for January 25, 1975). Jimmy was magnificent during those 1975 shows, the entire band was. The anniversary of Jimmy's 1975 meeting with the brilliant and consistently fascinating William Burroughs is coming up within the next two weeks (their meeting coincided with the band's concerts at MSG) and I am curious to know if Jimmy will acknowledge it on his OTD.

....and thanks for all of your wonderful thoughts as always MSG.....thanks for the heads up on this famous interview, I don't recall Jimmy making a reference to it in recent times, He did recall it briefly in his Special Cover Issue of Guitar World 1986 (Jimmy Page/Cover)...and we seen all the breathless photos taken from this magnificient event...

,,,,,The entire Band looked Oh-So-Beautiful and charismatic in 1975 in those classic Neil Preston Photographs...

...MSG and AEN27, I am glad you enjoyed the video I posted Road to Burma...this Region Jimmy travelled to has such timeless connection to Led Zeppelin....forever very special place in my heart - this world is very small indeed..........

...and Deborah thanks for notifying the video uploaded by Brslped, one of our fellow members herein....Brazil so beautiful, what can be said..Jimmy's comments say it all..

Archived