JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

Thank you MSG!! Little Jimmy had such creative flair at such a young age. Such talent! Too bad he couldn't make a career out of it. ;)

Hi Miss Melanie, you're welcome! I love the young guitarist's creative flair and the sounds he's making with his guitar. That young guitarist had a lot of potential for a great career.... ;)

(I'm assuming it's JP but it may be someone else playing who had a tremendous influence on Jimmy's later sound - I don't know).

Thank you!!!!!

Man, that is outtasight....sort of Link Wray meets Dick Dale, lol.

Whatever it is, I dig it :wub:

Very true with a little bit of Hank Marvin in there as well. Listening to this sound, you can see that Neil Young took a bit of this into his style as well. Pretty innovative to say the least and considering it goes all the way back to 1961, when Jimmy had only been playing for about five years. A natural, very gifted and an artist. :thumbsup:

Edit: Funny, I should say this as I just found out this is a song Hank Marvin did with The Shadows. :D

2230785.png

This is the second time this week they've got the dates wrong!

Jimmy did perform at the Meadowlands Arena on July 23rd 1985 - he joined Robert Plant for an encore on 'Mean Woman Blues' and 'Treat Her Right' - but The Firm joined onstage by Les Paul at Meadowlands Arena happened on May 9th 1985.

:slapface:

This is the second time this week they've got the dates wrong!

Jimmy did perform at the Meadowlands Arena on July 23rd 1985 - he joined Robert Plant for an encore on 'Mean Woman Blues' and 'Treat Her Right' - but The Firm joined onstage by Les Paul at Meadowlands Arena happened on May 9th 1985.

:slapface:

Steve as always it has been to long. That said is there anyway to assist the admin on Jimmys site in correcting the errors?

Curious how they got that Les Paul/Firm date so wrong. Ah well, enjoyed reading about it anyway, and the pics were a treat!

Does anyone know what songs Jimmy and Les played together that night?

Also REALLY dug the Yardbirds feature for the July 22 1967 Santa Monica Civic gig. Hard to imagine all those bands for only $3.:rolleyes:

P.S. Super Dave, I had no idea the Shadows had recorded that song. Thanks for the info!

Steve as always it has been to long. That said is there anyway to assist the admin on Jimmys site in correcting the errors?

Earlier this week I submitted numerous corrections for the live chronology and all have been incorporated into the site. On This Day corrections will probably always occur after the fact as those features are meant to be a secret until (what they believe to be) the actual date and then have a lifespan of just twenty-four hours. Regardless, I will continue to post and submit the corrections as necessary for the sake of others who require if not respect accuracy.

Curious how they got that Les Paul/Firm date so wrong. Ah well, enjoyed reading about it anyway, and the pics were a treat!

Does anyone know what songs Jimmy and Les played together that night?

Database error or carelessness I imagine. Just to clarify - Les Paul did not perform onstage with The Firm that night, he was merely introduced onstage. I'm surprised "Jimmy" didn't mention Les Paul's appearance in this promotional video for The Firm that same year, playing the part of the bartender at Les's Place. John Lennon's former girlfriend May Pang also makes a cameo appearance (03:09-03:10).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDjRFTIhxnA

Database error or carelessness I imagine. Just to clarify - Les Paul did not perform onstage with The Firm that night, he was merely introduced onstage. I'm surprised "Jimmy" didn't mention Les Paul's appearance in this promotional video for The Firm that same year, playing the part of the bartender at Les's Place. John Lennon's former girlfriend May Pang also makes a cameo appearance (03:09-03:10).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDjRFTIhxnA

SAJ,

Thanks so much for posting these daily bulletins on this forum.:) As ever, you put so much of your own time and effort into helping making this site a success. :beer: It is unfortunate (but predictable) that you are having to correct others' errors.

Jimmy's management team would have done better to consult with some of the truly knowledgeable members on this site to double-check facts.:rolleyes:

SAJ,

Thanks so much for posting these daily bulletins on this forum.:) As ever, you put so much of your own time and effort into helping making this site a success. :beer: It is unfortunate (but predictable) that you are having to correct others' errors.

Jimmy's management team would have done better to consult with some of the truly knowledgeable members on this site to double-check facts.:rolleyes:

You would think, considering his recent interview for his website that he claims that the problem with other websites are their inaccuracies. Go figure. slapface.gif

(Snicker) Well, so much for absolute accuracy...then again, I do wonder how accurate Jimmy's memory of dates would be given all the brain cells he cruelly murdered back in the day. The guy must've kept one hell of a calendar archive, or else some poor overworked, underpaid secretary is having to sort through it all and has to try and verify these dates. Given all that, mistakes are bound to happen.

I wonder how DO they select the events featured for "On This Day"...does Jimmy choose these personally, or does staff recommend them and he gets the final vote?

Rather liked mixing two events today...the Riffathon and the release of "Little Games." Might be confusing to some, but I don't mind.

btw Steve, thanks for clarifying that Les Paul did not play with the Firm at Meadowlands. I was kinda wondering how Les' style was going to fit in with that particular outfit. Could've been tricky. But I would have enjoyed hearing him take a solo on "Radioactive!!!":D

Satisfaction Guaranteed...........INDEED!!!!

Archived