Guilty Pleasures

snapper

I really wanted Simon LeBon to be my first. aw.giffaint1.gifHell, I would take him now.wink.gif

Really? I had you pegged as a John Taylor lass. :lol:

Okay Virginia! I see you removed the 2 vids you had up yesterday: Macy Gray and the Association. Which is just as well, as those aren't really guilty pleasures, since you shouldn't feel guilty about liking either one. Both Macy Gray and the Association have critical respect.

Which is something you cannot say about another guilty pleasure of mine: Falco.

Rock Me Amadeus

Der Kommissar(this is the original...After the Fire later covered it)

oh virginia, that has always been a major favourite of mine. i think it's a brilliant song, love the lyrics and the music.

:) I love it too; seeing them perform it live was amazing! It's one of my Mom's favorites too and reminds me of her. And I like Timothy too; his solo/POCO stuff too. So I don't feel guilty as much as I know the Eagles aren't very popular here. :unsure:

Okay Virginia! I see you removed the 2 vids you had up yesterday: Macy Gray and the Association. Which is just as well, as those aren't really guilty pleasures, since you shouldn't feel guilty about liking either one. Both Macy Gray and the Association have critical respect.

Hey Strider; Macy is still there; she's just back a page now :) (I didn't post the Association though). I just love that song; that summer, we took a family trip to Myrtle Beach, SC with our 2 oldest (#3 wasn't born yet) and that song played all the time; I always think of that trip when I hear it. :) Plus I love that she is so quirky! I went out and bought her CD too!

(Love Rock Me Amadeus btw!).

While we're on the subject of German 80s pop bands ... :whistling:

Which is something you cannot say about another guilty pleasure of mine: Falco.

Rock Me Amadeus

+1

While we're on the subject of German 80s pop bands ... :whistling:

+1

You two are like my "guilty pleasures" soulmates, lulz.

:) I love it too; seeing them perform it live was amazing! It's one of my Mom's favorites too and reminds me of her. And I like Timothy too; his solo/POCO stuff too. So I don't feel guilty as much as I know the Eagles aren't very popular here. :unsure:

the eagles are still quite popular here, i think :unsure:

i've loved them since the 70's.

timothy is perfect for that song.

lucky you seeing them live!

I would be genuinely surprised if anyone but me liked this song. :o A true guilty pleasure.

Yes, I know David Cassidy and Shirley Jones were the only actual singers/players.

But, when you were an 11 year old girl in 1972, Fridays nights @8:30pm in front of the tube was the place to be and dream....

Dream of looking as pretty as Susan Dey and having David Cassidy be your first and last boyfriend.

The next year (1973) my girlfriend turned me on to Zep and HOTH and I dumped David for Jimmy asap! :) ....missy

I would be genuinely surprised if anyone but me liked this song. :o A true guilty pleasure.

Yes, I know David Cassidy and Shirley Jones were the only actual singers/players.

But, when you were an 11 year old girl in 1972, Fridays nights @8:30pm in front of the tube was the place to be and dream....

Dream of looking as pretty as Susan Dey and having David Cassidy be your first and last boyfriend.

The next year (1973) my girlfriend turned me on to Zep and HOTH and I dumped David for Jimmy asap! :) ....missy

OMG didn't think anyone else even knew this song!

Being a 9 year old girl in '72, I loved the Partridge Family, and my dad bought me the Partridge Family Album which this song is on. It was my favorite PF song & I remember singing it in the car all the time.

Memories....LOL...... thanks Missy

• 2 weeks later...

:bagoverhead:

Take that bag off of your head 3DayBender! There is no shame in liking the Go-Go's, so technically, they don't qualify as a "guilty pleasure". The Go-Go's have cred. There's no shame in their game.

Hell, they just got a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, an event I was at in person, and lots of old-time punks and rockers were there...we even went down to the basement afterwards where the old Masque club was, which is where the Go-Go's first rehearsed and played.

In concert back then, the Go-Go's rocked harder than they did on record, but even so, their records are a perfect synthesis of sock-hop rock n roll, surf music, pop-punk, and the 60's girl-group sound.

Archived