Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

snapper

Guilty Pleasures

77 posts in this topic

I'm sure he asked the kids that.

That is why I can't listen to it anymore, I like the song but hate the man

since this thread seems to have a lot of songs, may I introduce a guilty pleasure of mine in the shape of a tv programme......Horrible Histories??A totally fab/bonkers kids programme with a lot of Monty Python/Blackadder humour chucked in

A long time fav of mine

Thanks for posting. I'd all but forgotten about that song. However, I must admit I don't see where it would be a "guilty pleasure" for anyone. Then again, as I'm sure I've stated many times before, there's really nothing in my record collection that I feel guilty about.

By my definition...............this is guilt...........

^^^ dazedcat, definitely a guilty pleasure in my book, but a good one! Here's my own guilty pleasure at the moment.......missy

^^^ dazedcat, definitely a guilty pleasure in my book, but a good one! Here's my own guilty pleasure at the moment.......missy

Missy, that's another very guilty one.........very nice.

Wasn't she like 14 when that video was made? I think the girls mother sued because of her age at the time.

Major, where do you get these?! Are these UK only hits? I don't recall these and they are ....interesting to say the least! :D

@dazedcat, Thanks for thumbs up on the Bread song, talk about middle of the road Pop, but it has it's place, imo.

I have a couple more I just listened to, more MOR music, but this is the guilty pleasure thread right? ;)

Nancy Sinatra may not be teen, but she sure can dance........wow. :) "

Bobby Bare, Jr. outed himself as a fan of both America and Bread a few years ago by releasing an EP titled, you guessed it, American Bread.

album_main_americanbread.jpg

• Ventura Highway
  • I Need You
  • Guitar Man
  • A Horse With No Name
  • It Don't Matter To Me
  • Sister Golden Hair (Alpha)
  • Sister Golden Hair (Beta)

I absolutely love boogying to some cool disco music and boy, do I absolutely love this album by Lipps Inc! So cool! B) 

Thanks mom! :D 

Nope. I'm so not ashamed to admit it! :P 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

56 minutes ago, Sathington Willoughby said:

Def Leppard. The poppy radio hits. Love 'em. :blush:

If it makes you feel any better Morgan, I love Bon Jovi (specifically their stuff from the 80's, 90's and 00's)! Feel free to tease me about it, at any time! :friends: 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

8 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

If it makes you feel any better Morgan, I love Bon Jovi (specifically their stuff from the 80's, 90's and 00's)! Feel free to tease me about it, at any time! :friends: 

:D

51 minutes ago, Sathington Willoughby said:

:D

Poor old Beavis getting bitch slapped by Butt-head! :hysterical: Glad to see Beavis retaliate by kicking Butt-head in the nuts! :P 

Oh and did I tell you that even though I am a Bon Jovi fan, I think that song In These Arms, is some of the cheesiest shit, I've ever heard? 

Honestly, that song never fails to make me cringe and I really appreciate Beavis' and Butt-head's commentary on that song! B) 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

32 minutes ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Poor old Beavis getting bitch slapped by Butt-head! :hysterical: Glad to see Beavis retaliate by kicking Butt-head in the nuts! :P 

Oh and did I tell you that even though I am a Bon Jovi fan, I think that song In These Arms, is some of the cheesiest shit, I've ever heard? 

Honestly, that song never fails to make me cringe and I really appreciate Beavis' and Butt-head's commentary on that song! B) 

Always rely on B&B for intelligent, insightful commentary. :P;)

A few of mine...

Love pretty much everything the Gibb Brothers wrote. Yes, including the disco stuff. And everything before and after. :bagoverhead:

As a dude, I have to admit...this song is insanely catchy!

Can't go wrong with a bit of doo-wop!

Oooh i have got loads of these in my all-time list. Abba, Kylie, Sonia, Erasure, Tiffany, TPau etc,etc. The list is endless. My taste in music could not be anymore varied.

On 12/16/2016 at 11:20 PM, ZepHead315 said:

Can't go wrong with a bit of doo-wop!

No need to feel guilty about Doo-Wop!