RIVAL SONS, from Los Angeles

Bonzoghost

This band is amazing! Check out other Youtube clips and try and catch them live if you can.

I saw them last Tuesday and am going to see them again tomorrow supporting Judas Priest and Queensryche.

www.rivalsons.com

www.mbdrums.com

Edited by Bonzoghost

People have been telling me for weeks how much I should love this band, but, so-far, they haven't lit my fire. I'd like to see them live though.

Could have got you "in" on the guest list, Kneb! B)

They are fantastic guys, just wrapping up their first bunch of UK dates. Back in November, hopefully.

They don't sound that "Zeppy" to me.....sure, they've nicked a couple of riffs, but........ didn't Zep??

Drummer Miley is extremely versatile. Man, what a week I've had. I'm a total groupie. :blink:

Edited by Bonzoghost

This band is amazing! Check out other Youtube clips and try and catch them live if you can.

I saw them last Tuesday and am going to see them again tomorrow supporting Judas Priest and Queensryche.

www.rivalsons.com

www.mbdrums.com

I really enjoyed their first album Before the Fire Awesome stuff!

"Memphis Sun" and "The Man Who Wasn't There" are my favorite tracks on BTF. But actually they don't have a bad track on BTF!

The new release Pressure and Time has not had the same impact on me as BTF!

That being said, I would love to see them live, if they ever come to NOLA!

1227.gif

They sound very Zeppelin like.

I hear a bit of Out on the Tiles, Don't you?

A part of the riff from Out on the Tiles, yeah - which itself originated in a ditty Bonzo used to sing. If you listen to more of their songs, however, I believe you will find that while there is a certain resemblance to Led Zeppelin, they do have a distinct identity.

In places they remind me a little bit of an Icelandic group that has very deliberately played on a combination of certain influences, Deep Jimi and the Zep Creams - I wonder if people can guess what the influences are.... :P They started out sometimes doing covers by these bands, anyway, so that's why they chose that name (the original band name was Pandora though, and they've always written their own songs as well, since the late 1980's); and then, as sometimes happens, it just stuck, so they call themselves Deep Jimi now. They are actually really good players, and the rhythm section is phenomenal. There isn't as much up on Youtube as I would have hoped to see, but here's one of their songs:

Bonzoghost, perhaps I shouldn't either... :P

But I wonder if these guys can be persuaded to do a gig here when they go back to England in November? I would certainly love to see them.

Edited by Otto Masson

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My Fave band. Really great guys and I have met 4 of them so far. They are the Zeppelin of their generation.

Agree with all of this, Ozzy handpicked this band to open for Sabbath's 2016 tour; high praise indeed.  I think they're the best band in the world right now, not even close actually. With them going into the studio to record a new album prior to touring with Deep Purple in Europe and then later with Sabbath, it's just a matter of time before they break huge in America.  It's already happening in Europe, big festival dates along with bigger venues when they are the headline act. The Sabbath tour with it's American leg should be really good for the band commercially, most of their shows/tours have been in Europe.  America, get ready to experience Rock N' Roll the way it was meant to be played!

Seeing them tonight headlining a small acoustic festival in their home town of Long Beach Ca., can't freaking wait to attend this rare show:

https://www.facebook.com/SummerAndMusic

https://realrockandroll.wordpress.com/2015/09/03/rival-sons-announce-tour-dates-with-black-sabbath-in-north-america-australia-new-zealand/

yeah totally cool band.my belief  is ther getting ready to start record another album...

They're heading off to the studio to record in a couple of weeks.  They played a small acoustic set in their hometown of Long Beach last night, brilliant!

Edited by Lambeau Leap